Morumets and Rocket Truck

Comments

• DallyEnderLlama
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    [/quote] I know, I like the Blyatmobile. I just wish we had more of a half-track style vehicle that has more armor/hp than the armored car but less attack capabilities than a tank and it's primary goal is to use it as a transport. The Garford(not sure on spelling) is a fast attack and then retreat type of vehicle. [/quote]

Well, if BFV is ww2, we'll have halftracks.
  • Ziggerzatch
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Problem with the Morumets is instantly killing 10 people on the initial run before you can counter and completely de-stabilising a game of operations or conquest. It's just a **** move, and you shouldn't have to sit there waiting to counter the Morumets solely.
  • Silver032
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Silver032 wrote: »
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »

You called people whiners for wanting an easy game, but are you not exactly the same?
    The HB was easy mode in its previous form, hence you wanting it back like that.

You know exactly what you're doing bringing medictrains into it, keep that elsewhere.

How many kills do you have with the HB?

A medic train is easier to keep alive than keeping a HB in the air and making kills if both are attacked by enemies ...

People claiming that stuff is "easy" must stop whining and counter it .. like any other weapon and vehicle.

I want the HB in the previous form, because then I could use it again to try to break the defense or offense on Operations, now you can't do that anymore.

The HB could be a gamechanger when the game was stucked in the trenches, now it is just useless.
    It is no longer stronger than the AP but way more easier to take down than the AP, where is the balance?

Just a idiot too big nerf to stop the players that were to lazy to counter it from whining

Lol, you want your easy tool back again. No one will miss it on operations except players like you.

You don't realise it but this thing was completely broken. Giving a vehicle to someone that can by himself and instantly wipe 10+/20+ enemies by clicking a few times is completely silly. Yes it has counters but that doesn't mean that this thing wasn't totally ridiculous to begin with.

Also it doesn't matter if it gets down very quickly. You can still get it, get a few kills with it, die and wait in the respawn to get another one and rince and repeat. Even my grandma would be able to do it and finish with a 10+ K/D.

I'm glad they nerfed and imo it was a big mistake to introduce this vehicle in this game.

You act like its so easy, its not. If the enemy has a single aa gun manned or 2 1917's supports with brains. you will die before your first pass 90% of the time, unless your an expert pilot.

Dropping bombs accurately is difficult as well. You act like its just a few clicks, when I'm flying, I'm utilizing around 4 keys with one hand constantly just to keep it flying and in line with where I want to drop the bombs.

You act like the flying coffin doesn't take skill to use. There is a reason why the majority of players will get 2-4 kills in a pass with it. when i spawn that thing, I net at least 20 + in a life.

Also in many ops you have sectors where attackers are "nude" against air threat, making plane farming very easy. On other sectors it is possible to spawn a heavy bomber and even if heavily countered from the beginning you will still be able to drop your bombs on the first flag that you can reach. So no you won't be destroyed 90% of the time before your first pass.

Glad to know that you are a very skilled heavy bomber user. I bet it was very hard to learn how to go up, left, right down efficiently, and
    that it was hard to learn how to quickly press the button to drop the bombs or use the spotting camera. Also dropping bombs accurately takes literally 0 skill with the AOE they have. They AOE is the area of some of the flag cap zones. So you are even allowed to miss half of the load and you will still get many kills.

I actually can't think of any map in vanilla, INTOTZ, apoc, or the gallpoli op that has planes for defenders but not attackers. The only one I can think of is sinai in which ATTACKERS get 2 planes on a sector with defenders on zero.

Flying the heavy bomber, may not look that hard on the surface, but it has a really high skill ceiling. The difference between 4 kills and 12 can be the difference in inches/seconds in a pass. There's also a lot of strategty in the direction of your pass, which way you come in, how high, and how you exit. In most ops, if im only flying I'll put up consistently 30-50 kills for one battallion, the other pilots on my team, flying the same plane, against the same AA, in the same timeframe will have around 40% of my kills.

Also, compared to other games, other bf games and planetside (which is the most analogous combined arms game I can think of). Flying in this game is overall easier to be effective with but harder to be an expert with.

Either way I'm bias, pretty sure I'm in the top 500 global for pilots and even higher for the HB
  • DonSharkito
    796 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

You called people whiners for wanting an easy game, but are you not exactly the same?
    The HB was easy mode in its previous form, hence you wanting it back like that.

You know exactly what you're doing bringing medictrains into it, keep that elsewhere.

How many kills do you have with the HB?

A medic train is easier to keep alive than keeping a HB in the air and making kills if both are attacked by enemies ...

People claiming that stuff is "easy" must stop whining and counter it .. like any other weapon and vehicle.

I want the HB in the previous form, because then I could use it again to try to break the defense or offense on Operations, now you can't do that anymore.

The HB could be a gamechanger when the game was stucked in the trenches, now it is just useless.
    It is no longer stronger than the AP but way more easier to take down than the AP, where is the balance?

Just a idiot too big nerf to stop the players that were to lazy to counter it from whining

Lol, you want your easy tool back again. No one will miss it on operations except players like you.

You don't realise it but this thing was completely broken. Giving a vehicle to someone that can by himself and instantly wipe 10+/20+ enemies by clicking a few times is completely silly. Yes it has counters but that doesn't mean that this thing wasn't totally ridiculous to begin with.

Also it doesn't matter if it gets down very quickly. You can still get it, get a few kills with it, die and wait in the respawn to get another one and rince and repeat. Even my grandma would be able to do it and finish with a 10+ K/D.

I'm glad they nerfed and imo it was a big mistake to introduce this vehicle in this game.

You act like its so easy, its not. If the enemy has a single aa gun manned or 2 1917's supports with brains. you will die before your first pass 90% of the time, unless your an expert pilot.

Dropping bombs accurately is difficult as well. You act like its just a few clicks, when I'm flying, I'm utilizing around 4 keys with one hand constantly just to keep it flying and in line with where I want to drop the bombs.

You act like the flying coffin doesn't take skill to use. There is a reason why the majority of players will get 2-4 kills in a pass with it. when i spawn that thing, I net at least 20 + in a life.

Also in many ops you have sectors where attackers are "nude" against air threat, making plane farming very easy. On other sectors it is possible to spawn a heavy bomber and even if heavily countered from the beginning you will still be able to drop your bombs on the first flag that you can reach. So no you won't be destroyed 90% of the time before your first pass.

Glad to know that you are a very skilled heavy bomber user. I bet it was very hard to learn how to go up, left, right down efficiently, and
    that it was hard to learn how to quickly press the button to drop the bombs or use the spotting camera. Also dropping bombs accurately takes literally 0 skill with the AOE they have. They AOE is the area of some of the flag cap zones. So you are even allowed to miss half of the load and you will still get many kills.

I actually can't think of any map in vanilla, INTOTZ, apoc, or the gallpoli op that has planes for defenders but not attackers. The only one I can think of is sinai in which ATTACKERS get 2 planes on a sector with defenders on zero.

Flying the heavy bomber, may not look that hard on the surface, but it has a really high skill ceiling. The difference between 4 kills and 12 can be the difference in inches/seconds in a pass. There's also a lot of strategty in the direction of your pass, which way you come in, how high, and how you exit. In most ops, if im only flying I'll put up consistently 30-50 kills for one battallion, the other pilots on my team, flying the same plane, against the same AA, in the same timeframe will have around 40% of my kills.

Also, compared to other games, other bf games and planetside (which is the most analogous combined arms game I can think of). Flying in this game is overall easier to be effective with but harder to be an expert with.

Either way I'm bias, pretty sure I'm in the top 500 global for pilots and even higher for the HB

The HB is widely viewed as one the most skilless vehicle or even thing in BF1 in the community. Just because you like to play it doesn't mean it has a high skill ceiling.

Everything you mentioned is common sense for anyone who has spent more than a couple of hours in a plane and doesn't require any skill, or yes, I would admit, it requires the same kind of skill or, I would say awareness is the appropriate term, than one needs when crossing a road in real life for example, so something anyone can do.

This bomber has 5 bombs with huge AOE. As mentioned previously, you can pretty much bomb an entire objective with it. It is not a matter of inches, but tens of meters if you miss. You even have a spot camera for those that are not sure where the enemies are on a flag which is being capped to be sure not to miss, because your need much much precision with those bombs... (you see the irony, this plane is truly designed for the most skilled of us).

The strategy of flying directions, avoiding AA locations etc... is not anything skillful. It is just common sense and awareness that you learn by flying any plane in this game. Associating skill with on which altitude you fly your bomber is laughable, it is called common sense. On low altitude = dead, so you fly high. It's like when in real life I am driving on a highway and I have the choice A, follow my lane, or B, going on the lane which will face cars incoming from the opposite direction. When I drove my first car I don't recall that this activity required much skill or that it had a very high skill ceiling. Maybe I was wrong?

So sorry but you failed to prove me or convince me that this vehicle has anything to do with skill, quite the contrary.

Also regarding your aspirations on being a top global pilot, have you an alt account? because you barely flew anything except the HB, which doesn't qualify for anything related to being a top pilot.
  • NLBartmaN
    2831 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    And still I think the HB is about perception: most players will get higher KPM and SPM with almost any other vehicle.

Just the fact that it HAD (no longer has) a big AOE ( Area of Effect) is what made it stand out and people started whining.

Against that were the long turn and now long reload, so you will only get bomb drops every 1 minute and you see and can predict the thing coming from miles away, certainly when you spot it.

In the same time you get bomb drops from an AP 3 or more times.

Overall the AP GS is way better and more OP if you compare, but in some situations the HB had a big advantage, since you could give your team a real window/space/oppurtunity to (re)take the flag.

I still think that nerfing stuff in this game, just because players don't play the game in a smart way and to it's full potential and use counter options is the wrong way to go.

That being said and to get OT: the AT trucks have very little way to counter it and only one real way to play with it and there should be a change there.
  • DonSharkito
    796 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    And still I think the HB is about perception: most players will get higher KPM and SPM with almost any other vehicle.

I still think that nerfing stuff in this game, just because players don't play the game in a smart way and to it's full potential and use counter options is the wrong way to go.

If something has counters doesn't necessarily mean that this something is not broken, doesn't impacts negatively the game or has nothing to do in the game.

So do you think Dice should come back on stuff they nerfed throughout the life of this game and stuff that was blatantly OP or broken? A few examples below:

-cavalry that had a 10m hitbox with the sabre, onfoot elite with healing and ammo
    -M10 shotgun at the beginning of the game which had a huge hitbox and very long OHK range
    -Martini Henry which was a point and click 1HK weapon due to the very strong dmg multiplier applied to it in its sweetspot and due to the AA on console

According to you all of the above was fine because all of them had multiple counters and could be avoided if you played smartly.
  • NLBartmaN
    edited May 2018
    If something has counters doesn't necessarily mean that this something is not broken, doesn't impacts negatively the game or has nothing to do in the game.

So do you think Dice should come back on stuff they nerfed throughout the life of this game and stuff that was blatantly OP or broken? A few examples below:

-cavalry that had a 10m hitbox with the sabre, onfoot elite with healing and ammo
    -M10 shotgun at the beginning of the game which had a huge hitbox and very long OHK range
    -Martini Henry which was a point and click 1HK weapon due to the very strong dmg multiplier applied to it in its sweetspot and due to the AA on console

According to you all of the above was fine because all of them had multiple counters and could be avoided if you played smartly.

It is all about total balance: if something is clearly better than any other comparable alternative in every way (and has almost no counters/can't be avoided), like the examples that you give, then a nerf can be an option.

I think the HB didn't fit that profile.

In the games I played I have been killed by the HB only once and I am always close to flags.
    In the games I played no bomber of the enemy ever reached above 50 kills.
  • DonSharkito

It is all about total balance: if something is clearly better than any other comparable alternative in every way (and has almost no counters/can't be avoided), like the examples that you give, then a nerf can be an option.

I think the HB didn't fit that profile.

In the games I played I have been killed by the HB only once and I am always close to flags.

Yeah like the HB had any other comparable alternative in the game... Also some of the suff I mentioned was more easy to avoid or counter than the HB.

The only comparable alternative that they could add is something like having a one click /one time use mini nuclear bomb that can instantly wipeout half of the team or more. I am sure people like you would thing that it is great addition to the game.
  • NLBartmaN

Yeah like the HB had any other comparable alternative in the game... Also some of the suff I mentioned was more easy to avoid or counter than the HB.

The only comparable alternative that they could add is something like having a one click /one time use mini nuclear bomb that can instantly wipeout half of the team or more. I am sure people like you would thing that it is great addition to the game.

Look at your own stats: do you have higher KPM and SPM with HB or with AP?

The logical answer is: more with AP, since you can do 3 drops in the same time a bomber can do.
    You also die a lot less with an AP since you are harder to shoot down and are more versatile, since you have 2 weapons and can do air to air fights.

The AP is way harder to avoid, I died a lot more to that one, since you can't see it coming from miles away and it can turn and drop very fast.

It is all about perspective.
    Yes, the HB HAD (no longer has) a big AOE and that was the only thing it had.
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

oXxj5f5.jpg
  • DonSharkito

Lol, I have like 30 kills with the HB, it is not a number you use to compare with anything in this game...
  • UraniumReaper
    535 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I know, I like the Blyatmobile. I just wish we had more of a half-track style vehicle that has more armor/hp than the armored car but less attack capabilities than a tank and it's primary goal is to use it as a transport. The Garford(not sure on spelling) is a fast attack and then retreat type of vehicle. [/quote]

Well, if BFV is ww2, we'll have halftracks.[/quote]

I know! I'm excited for it! Haha
  • abc1434286920
    440 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Lol, I have like 30 kills with the HB, it is not a number you use to compare with anything in this game...

I have 250 kills with the heavy bomber and double the kpm of the AP (+1000 kills with it).
    I have no doubt that if I invested the time (which I ain't as its pure cheese) my kpm would further dwarf the kpm of the AP.
    I tried it the other day and even in its "nerfed" state it still got me multiple multikills. Granted after the first run it takes time to fully reload but it is still feels cheesy.
  • NLBartmaN

I have 250 kills with the heavy bomber and double the kpm of the AP (+1000 kills with it).
    I have no doubt that if I invested the time (which I ain't as its pure cheese) my kpm would further dwarf the kpm of the AP.
    I tried it the other day and even in its "nerfed" state it still got me multiple multikills. Granted after the first run it takes time to fully reload but it is still feels cheesy.

250 doesn't say much, that was possible in 1 round of operations if the enemy were lazy noobs during Galicia Operations Campaign

How many hours did you played with both?

And I guess the AP was your first plane experience in a BF game?
    So when you stepped in the HB you already made lots of learning hours in the AP.

I am pretty sure if you used the HB more often and on multiple maps and encountered some players that actually took the time and effort to stop you your KPM would go down.

Also try the HB on Monta Grappa, lets see how your KPM will be compared to AP ;)

And multiple multikills are also possible with the AP GS.

And compare your KPM with HB with all your other KPM with all weapons and vehicles.

Yes under the right circumstances (lazy dumb enemies on a very open map during Operations) it can make lots of kills, but that is it ..

It is not that insane good/better as some people make it look ..
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    So someone brings a comparison from their own experience that discredits your nonsense and you still argue it :lol:

Its like your stats all over again.
  • abc1434286920
    440 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

250 doesn't say much, that was possible in 1 round of operations if the enemy were lazy noobs during Galicia Operations Campaign

So when you stepped in the HB you already made lots of learning hours in the AP.

I am pretty sure if you used the HB more often and on multiple maps and encountered some players that actually took the time and effort to stop you your KPM would go down.

Also try the HB on Monta Grappa, lets see how your KPM will be compared to AP ;)

And compare your KPM with HB with all your other KPM with all weapons and vehicles.

Yes under the right circumstances (lazy dumb enemies on a very open map during Operations) it can make lots of kills, but that is it ..

I predominantly play conquest.
    I actually have 2500 kills with all versions of the AP and about 45hrs with all three. (just checked)
    On the HB i have a bit over 2hrs of playtime.
    I started learning with the trench fighter and not the AP (as that was the best at the time).
    I stand by my assessment that if i started afresh with all experience gathered i would still have a higher kpm with the HB and that with much less effort/skill - I have "invested" long enough on this game to be able to ascertain how my stats would reflect my current "skill"/knowledge of map & spawns etc.

• GRIZZ11283

I actually have 2500 kills with all versions of the AP and about 45hrs with all three. (just checked)
    I started learning with the trench fighter and not the AP (as that was the best at the time).
    I stand by my assessment that if i started afresh with all experience gathered i would still have a higher kpm with the HB and that with much less effort/skill - I have "invested" long enough on this game to be able to ascertain how my stats would reflect my current "skill"/knowledge of map & spawns etc.

Don't bother pal, he'll always come back with some nonsense, he's always right, apparently.
  • NLBartmaN
    edited May 2018

On which map and gamemodes did you play with the HB?

and over 2 hours is 120 minutes, so say around 2 KPM with the HB .. that is not that much is it?
  • GRIZZ11283
    Called it :lol:
  • NLBartmaN
    Called it :lol:

Serious .. go troll somewhere else .. and try to stay OT
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!