Battlelog Playercounts Fix, BBlog

Il-Scavenger-lI
849 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
edited February 25
Simplified instructions: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/1213052#Comment_1213052
Although BBlog has stopped development, it is still possible to install it in your browser!
First of all I want to thank the BBlog developers for their awesome work over the years. Their plugin made huge improvements on the Battlelog platform and made playing the games using Battlelog way more enjoyable for many.
While development may have stopped, the BBlog developers made their work and plugins available on GitHub. For Chrome users the BBlog plugin is still available in the Chrome plugin store.
Firefox users can download the plugin file here and then install it manually. This can be done by pressing the button with 3 stripes in the right corner of your Firefox browser (picture) --> Clicking the Add-ons tab --> Clicking the small gear icon (picture) --> selecting the .xpi file you just downloaded in the explorer window that pops-up.
Edge users can also install BBlog with an additional plugin as xfileFIN explains here: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/1229705#Comment_1229705
What can I do with BBlog? Guide updated with fix for broken scoreboard on 17 june 2018, thanks @xfileFIN for making the TruePlayerCounts plugin and Battlelog fix!
You can install a plugin that shows you the true amount of players on a server! This plugin will also fix the broken live scoreboard on server pages.
After installing the browser plugin and restarting the browser, go to Battlelog and hoover your mouse over the new slider that appears on the left side of your screen.
People that were already using BBlog and experience Battlelog freezes since +/- 15 june 2018, start the TruePlayerCounts tutorial here!. New users can continue with this tutorial.
hDgeSwU.png
Click on the Plugins tab within the starting menu of BBlog (not the Plugin Gallery tab!)
uChMhi4.png

Copy the following line: https://cdn.rawgit.com/Razer2015/TruePlayerCounts_BF4/master/truePlayerCounts.js and paste it within the black input field:
5xt3IDd.png

Press enter and refresh your browser. You are all done now!
Known problems with fixes
After I cleaned my browser cache and / or used a program like CCleaner, the plugin is gone?
BBlog is stored in browser memory. So it could happen that after you did a browser cleaning, some plugins you added to BBlog are gone, or even BBlog itself is gone. Follow the steps again to re-install them.
List can be expanded. List your problems in this thread.

Sources:
BF4DB (original post): https://bf4db.com/forum/thread/the-closure-of-bblog-1479
BBlog site: https://getbblog.com/
Post edited by Il-Scavenger-lI on

Comments

• Mikex2112
    1010 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    What a shame....All good things must come to an end
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    849 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited June 2018
    Thanks @StarscreamUK for approving my post!
    Post edited by Il-Scavenger-lI on
  • Teufelhunden6531
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    How do you install this plug in? I am missing something.
  • PuddIeJumper
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    How do you install this plug in? I am missing something.

Read the 1st post again. There are links to Chrome and Firefox plug-ins. Once you enable it, there will be a side bar on your battlelog page.
  • Teufelhunden6531
    Thanks puddle, but I am there already but I am doing something wrong because true p;ayer count still doesnt work
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    edited June 2018
    Thanks puddle, but I am there already but I am doing something wrong because true p;ayer count still doesnt work

Did you install the new fix too? https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/1213052#Comment_1213052
    Need to update the original tutorial to include it. Will do that tomorrow.
  • Teufelhunden6531
    I think I have it now, thanks all.
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    Tutorial updated aka copy pasted the fix to the first post.
  • Pro4TLZZ
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    cries in Microsoft edge
  • ATEMLOS-HeleneF
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    much appreciated, thanks very much!
  • 2fertrippin
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited June 2018
    You, sir, are a legend.
  • Lube_Salesmann
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited June 2018
    Haven't tried the fix yet, but thanks for taking the time for this thread.

Edit: I'd also like to thank the creators of the plugin and the fix for the true player count. Glad some people still care about the game at this point.
  • Pro4TLZZ
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    now the whole website has stopped working yayyyyyy
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    edited June 2018
    Pro4TLZZ wrote: »
    now the whole website has stopped working yayyyyyy

Hope they are actually fixing stuff, but usually they announce that :p
  • Gen-Stickbo
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Im not holding my breath. Such a shame too because the in game ui is truly trash tier. It might actually be the worst server browser of any game ive ever played. Battlelog has/had issues for sure, but its lightyears ahead of the "new" ingame ui
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    Seems all EA services are down. Luckely the forums are safe :D :D
  • _i_D3FuS3R_i_
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    thanks for fixing this addon. Now it actually loads faster than before BBL died.
  • 2fertrippin
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Just cleared my browser history and BBL stopped working. Trying to figure out why.
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    Just cleared my browser history and BBL stopped working. Trying to figure out why.

You need to re-add the TruePlayerCounts, stored in browser memory.