Battlelog Playercounts Fix, BBlog

Comments

• 2fertrippin
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Ok, got it. Thanks. :)
  • masterdimo702
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    A huge thanks to @Il-Scavenger-lI for posting the TruePlayerCounts and scoreboard fix and of course @xfileFin for making it possible! Plus now it doesn't freeze for a second when you scroll the list and it loads new servers to show as it did before with that plugin enabled.
  • SPARTACUSS61
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Been using this plug in for a couple days now. For the most part it works fine but still get some false player counts.
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    903 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited June 2018
    Been using this plug in for a couple days now. For the most part it works fine but still get some false player counts.

When a game switches map or when a game has just started it can happen that the player count is off 2 players less or more. I think the plugin indicates this with orange numbers instead of red and green :)
  • Lube_Salesmann
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited June 2018
    Hmmm... so I just tried this fix, running Firefox up to date on Windows 10. Restarted browser several times.

The true player counts now show, but the page loads but up top in the browser bar it shows the page still as loading. Finally it stops loading, but it's frozen, I can't click on anything at all.

Any idea what's causing this or a potential fix? Is there something I have to turn off from the older plugin for the true player counts which I had running before? Should I uninstall Better Battlelog and start from scratch again?

Thanks!

Edit: nevermind, apparently I got ahead of myself. Got so excited I can't read instructions properly. It's working, thanks again.
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    903 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited June 2018
    Hmmm... so I just tried this fix, running Firefox up to date on Windows 10. Restarted browser several times.

The true player counts now show, but the page loads but up top in the browser bar it shows the page still as loading. Finally it stops loading, but it's frozen, I can't click on anything at all.

Any idea what's causing this or a potential fix? Is there something I have to turn off from the older plugin for the true player counts which I had running before? Should I uninstall Better Battlelog and start from scratch again?

Thanks!

Yes, old plugin needs to be dissabled or it will keep freezing! The procedure is two posts below the original tutorial :)

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/1213052#Comment_1213052
    Post edited by Il-Scavenger-lI on
  • TheRealTearjerke
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited June 2018
    Works!!!
  • llJOHNNY_BRAVOll
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    thank you for this!
  • spocksbrainrocks
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Me, too. Chrome just freezes now. Totally unresponsive.
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    edited June 2018
    Me, too. Chrome just freezes now. Totally unresponsive.

Scroll two comments down the original tutorial ;) And if you are really lazy, just click this link: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/1213052#Comment_1213052
  • Voodoo_S3
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Didn't work for me with firefox, just causes the page to absolutely freeze. From what I can tell the BBL extension works but then when I add the true player counts plugin to it, it makes Battlelog totally unusable/ unresponsive.
  • spocksbrainrocks
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Where's my ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ comment?
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    edited June 2018
    Click either this link: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/1213052#Comment_1213052 or scroll one comment down the original tutorial to fix the freezing.
  • Voodoo_S3
    Click either this link: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/1213052#Comment_1213052 or scroll one comment down the original tutorial to fix the freezing.

Thanks for the reply. I might of missed that part I'm not sure tbh, I'm pretty tired right now (lol tired of trying to find a populated server) I'll give it another go.

Now while it's good of you to share this method and of other members of the Battlefield community to create such fixes, it really shouldn't fall upon the community to fix such a major issue. I mean it's not like EA/DICE are a small company or that Bf4's a particularly old game.

I was on the fence about whether to get BfV at release, I mean BfV looks crap compared to Bf4 or even Bf3 but looks like it could have one or two interesting elements to it; however I think this crap has helped me make my mind up not to get BfV at release.
  • Voodoo_S3
    edited June 2018
    Nice one, I think I've got it working now using the 2.1 script with firefox. Where I was going wrong is I was still enabling true player counts through the 'plugin gallery' and then pointing it towards the 2.1 script rather than enabling the 2.1 script directly through 'plugins'.

Thanks for the help Scavenger.

ea_help.jpg

So EA are aware of the problem and do still support the server browser but aren't willing to do anything about it, good stuff EA\DICE.
    Post edited by Voodoo_S3 on
  • spocksbrainrocks
    This doesn't work.
  • spocksbrainrocks
    This doesn't work.
  • spocksbrainrocks
    This doesn't work.
  • spocksbrainrocks
    edited July 2018
    Why do you *violation* mods keep deleting my posts??? *violation*!
    Post edited by StarscreamUK on
  • StarscreamUK
    7521 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    1. we dont delete comments.
    2. yours will probably be in the spam section due to the nature of your posts. (btw I'm not even going to bother looking for them due to point 3.
    3. using profanity is a violation, circumventing the filter to post something you KNOW is a violation isn't the smart thing to do, to further that you directed anger at the mods.

I hope you enjoy the week away in the sunshine. On your return I would advise a more tactful posting, otherwise you may find yourself escalating up the actions.