Trailer is a huge let down.

MayorMarionBarry
2045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited May 2018
I love BF, I was so hyped for this game, but what even was this trailer? What is this game?

It looks almost exactly like BO4's trailer. Seriously, play one after the other and they just look like re-skins.

How can you follow up the masterpiece of every single BF1 trailer and graphical realism of the game itself with this cartoonish looking Fortnite clone?

"Immersive"? "Emotional"? It was a straight up COD action trailer.

I had to re-watch every BF1 trailer, especially the best one (Apocalypse) to wash this out of my head.

I am still going to get the game, because its BF, but whoever is making these creative decisions dropped the ball, hard.

Comments

• impulsive_tango
    202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Agreed! Trailer should have focused more on gameplay than destruction.
  • THISaint
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Today's event was just a teaser about the game to create a buzz about it.

We will see a true gameplay video during EA Play.
  • Tactical_wizzzeR
    351 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    it's the makeup... I'll keep the woman, and her prosthetic arm, but the blue makeup just has got to go... what is that? Braveheart?

that single stylistic choice tanked the reveal. because everything about this madness is actually awesome, suspiciously scripted but awesome nonetheless.
  • MayorMarionBarry
    it's the makeup... I'll keep the woman, and her prosthetic arm, but the blue makeup just has got to go... what is that? Braveheart?

that single stylistic choice tanked the reveal. because everything about this madness is actually awesome, suspiciously scripted but awesome nonetheless.

Battlefield: Birthday Clowns in Europe
  • xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3913 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    THISaint wrote: »

^^^nailed it

-CB
  • GrizzGolf
    1413 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

^^^nailed it

-CB

I hope its good at E3. I'm scared.
  • Twistality
    187 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The trailer was disappointing for sure. Dice gonna Dice I guess.......
  • MAGNUSDUCTOR
    266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Here is a video that will dispel some common misconceptions and irrational hate:

• MayorMarionBarry
    edited May 2018

^^^nailed it

-CB

Are you required to limit your negativity against EA's projects as a forum moderator?

I know this is just a trailer.

My point is, it's a bad trailer. Especially when weighed against BF1's trailers.

Do you disagree?
  • iSpyRecon
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2018
    I was highly disappointed. I am sure the game will be enjoyable and there are very interesting new mechanics, but this trailer is an insult to those who served, fought and died in WW2. $0.02
  • THISaint
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

^^^nailed it

-CB

Are you required to limit your negativity against EA's projects as a forum moderator?

My point is, it's a bad trailer. Especially when weighed against BF1's trailers.

Do you disagree?

People can just have different opinions.

To me, this was a good trailer since it pretty much showed everything I have been asking to be put into a game.

I also knew what to expect from today - just a small buzz from the huge stuff we'll be seeing in the months to come.

Hopefully you'll get an invite to the Alpha and get to play the game early and help it get improved when it finally launches. :)
  • MayorMarionBarry
    iSpyRecon wrote: »
    I was highly disappointed. I am sure the game will be enjoyable but this trailer is an insult to those who severed, fought and died in WW2. $0.02

To be fair, I don't think playing a video game is or should server as a tribute to those who have fallen, but I think we're mostly in agreement that the game does not look anything like WWII.

I just... I am baffled by this direction.

BF1 focused on grit and realistic depiction of war.

The trailers were cinematic masterpieces.

This just looks like a Fortnite clone trapped in COD's body that self-identifies as Battlefield, which is fitting given the fact that a woman with a metal arm is the apparent protagonist.

I'm going to have to drink this trailer away like so many other traumatic events.
  • MayorMarionBarry

^^^nailed it

-CB

Do you disagree?

People can just have different opinions.

To me, this was a good trailer since it pretty much showed everything I have been asking to be put into a game.

I also knew what to expect from today - just a small buzz from the huge stuff we'll be seeing in the months to come.

Hopefully you'll get an invite to the Alpha and get to play the game early and help it get improved when it finally launches. :)

I'm pre-ordering anyway for the Beta, but this trailer is just so generic to me.

You could throw this in the mix with any COD trailer and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

It just doesn't feel like Battlefield.
  • Dogwoggle11
    2678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Very disappointing. Such a shame.

I guess fast movements and cartoon-like sequences are what people like these days.

If DICE is trying to learn from PUBG or Fortnite, they are making a huge mistake.
  • Professor_RAWR
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Agree. Still excited for the game, but disappointed by the reveal trailer. Wasn't as exciting as BF1's reveal trailer.
  • B3ast_1n_B3d
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Don't worry guys this was just an eye candy trailer for the masses, its going to be good.