Trailer is a huge let down.

Comments

• Tesityr
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    Very disappointing. Such a shame.

I guess fast movements and cartoon-like sequences are what people like these days.

If DICE is trying to learn from PUBG or Fortnite, they are making a huge mistake.

THIS ^^^
    The large, epic battles with a multitude of people contributing on different fronts in one huge war (MAP) was what differentiated true Battlefield from the cramped, run-n-gun others... Sad that this is being lost and sad that BF will now lose so many faithful, devoted fans of the large scale warfare that initially defined "Battlefield".
    ((If this is the direction they are going, they can have their little cramped maps and explosions everywhere among the cartoon characters; I'll spend my money on large scale warfare games - whatever replaces what BF should be - but it won't be going here, if that's what they are doing))
  • Ronin9572
    1309 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Was the trailer a BO4/PUBG/Fortnite/BC2 mash up or what? I'm excited for the game but that trailer shouldn't have been at the reveal. Guess I'm not the targeted audience they are looking for.
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Games are trying to hard to be other games these days (ie COD being transformed into Battlegrounds / overwatch)

Really don't want my battlefield warped and ruined. We want a bigger better Bf1 in ww2 not some cartoon game.
  • moodii_77
    239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The trailer killed the hype for me, but the details and the new changes that came out of the event restored the hype a bit. What a lame trailer.
  • Dogwoggle11
    2678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I was a bit disappointed when I realized it would be WW2.

But I knew (or at least I thought I knew) that the trailer would be awesome and it would clear my doubts.

It had the exact opposite effect.
  • iSpyRecon
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    iSpyRecon wrote: »
    I was highly disappointed. I am sure the game will be enjoyable but this trailer is an insult to those who severed, fought and died in WW2. $0.02

To be fair, I don't think playing a video game is or should server as a tribute to those who have fallen, but I think we're mostly in agreement that the game does not look anything like WWII.

I just... I am baffled by this direction.

BF1 focused on grit and realistic depiction of war.

The trailers were cinematic masterpieces.

This just looks like a Fortnite clone trapped in COD's body that self-identifies as Battlefield, which is fitting given the fact that a woman with a metal arm is the apparent protagonist.

I'm going to have to drink this trailer away like so many other traumatic events.

When done correctly, games can teach the history. Think of the classic WW2 games and when the story mattered, but I certainly agree with your comparison with the BF1 reveal. The "mud and muck" so to speak. This looked like 4 Cod influence Rambo's with laughable invincibility. I felt no connection to World War II whatsoever.
  • MayorMarionBarry
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I was highly disappointed. I am sure the game will be enjoyable but this trailer is an insult to those who severed, fought and died in WW2. $0.02

To be fair, I don't think playing a video game is or should server as a tribute to those who have fallen, but I think we're mostly in agreement that the game does not look anything like WWII.

I just... I am baffled by this direction.

BF1 focused on grit and realistic depiction of war.

The trailers were cinematic masterpieces.

This just looks like a Fortnite clone trapped in COD's body that self-identifies as Battlefield, which is fitting given the fact that a woman with a metal arm is the apparent protagonist.

I'm going to have to drink this trailer away like so many other traumatic events.

When done correctly, games can teach the history. Think of the classic WW2 games and when the story mattered, but I certainly agree with your comparison with the BF1 reveal. The "mud and muck" so to speak. This looked like 4 Cod influence Rambo's with laughable invincibility. I felt no connection to World War II whatsoever.

True, WWI did inspire many people to learn about the war.

This trailer has inspired me to learn about the history of one armed circus performers.
  • MigueTK
    679 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    THISaint wrote: »
    Today's event was just a teaser about the game to create a buzz about it.

We will see a true gameplay video during EA Play.

First impressions are absolutely everything, more products have been killed because of bad initial reception ( LOLFRONT 2 1 YEAR barely)
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1704 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Don't worry guys this was just an eye candy trailer for the masses, its going to be good.

Been playing Battlefield for 16 years, I already pre ordered.
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The gameplay changes sound good, the aesthetic of the game looks god awful.
  • ackers75
    2651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have see some great trailers for battlefield games but then I look back at bf4 release and grab a dose of scepticism
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Add me to the list of unimpressed.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1704 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    The gameplay changes sound good, the aesthetic of the game looks god awful.

I have faith in dice, Im not gonna judge like the kids around here are.... Lol.
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3089 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 trailer got me hyped who ever made that trailer hit it right out of the park, but BFV trailer with blue war paint and the robot hand has left me feeling a bit disappointed.
  • Voodoo_S3
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2018
    Most disliked Battlefield reveal trailer ever on YouTube. DICE said they listened to the community, I guess it just wasn't the Battlefield community they listened to... Even the Bf Hardline trailer got less dislikes. GG DICE lol
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    robmcewen wrote: »
    BF1 trailer got me hyped who ever made that trailer hit it right out of the park, but BFV trailer with blue war paint and the robot hand has left me feeling a bit disappointed.

Battlefield isn't a war sim, but they always got the history, uniforms, ect, ect correct in the past, I'm not sure whats going on. As I have said, until I know more I wont pass judgement.
  • MayorMarionBarry
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I just showed the trailer to a friend who doesn’t really follow gaming news and they legit couldn’t tell me what era it’s supposed to be set in.

That is a damn good litmus test, my friend.

I'm going to show this trailer to a few people who don't play BF and ask them to tell me what era/war it is depicting.

Will post results later today.
  • ladderley
    129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Voodoo_S3 wrote: »
    Most disliked Battlefield reveal trailer ever on YouTube. DICE said they listened to the community, I guess it just wasn't the Battlefield community they listened to... Even the Bf Hardline trailer got less dislikes. GG DICE lol

I hope the panic sets in and they get their bottoms into gear and work on changing this fast.
  • bleachee
    976 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    When the COD WWII trailer looks gritty and realistic compared to the BF WWII trailer, then you know things have gone wrong. Very wrong. Such an incredible disappointment that Dice has decided to imitate Fortnite and Overwatch. The battlefield will never be the same, as they said.