Trailer is a huge let down.

Comments

  • ashar_saleem121
    1391 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    I think I figured out why this trailer is so disliked. It doesn't have the background music like all the others.

    Shouldn't have cheaped out on the music, DICE

    People loved the dubstep 7 nation army bf1 trailer. Don't you see everyone around the forum talking about how BF1s reveal did it right?

    I remember my great grandfather telling me about storming the forests of Argonne listening to Skrillex

    To be fair dude, that was a really epic trailer and that song was legit one of the biggest reasons why. The way they cut the visuals and had explosions timed with the drum beats was really well done. I still watch it today.

    I'm really liking the gameplay aspects outlined by Jackfrags et al. But this trailer was just really dull. And I think the lack of music was a big deal to me.

    That re cut version is really really good actually. Much better than the original because it uses the cinematic moments that DICE tried to showcase and uses them in a way that actually seem epic and grandiose. The only thing I would have added was a card showing "It will never be the same..." in the end before BFV

    I guarantee that if you take the re cut version of the trailer and put seven nation army behind it, it will look much better.

    Dont get me wrong, I still have issues with the over all visual tone of the actual footage but when you chop it up into little snippets like that, they become far less noticeable.

    Lol I hated the song. I neither like the White Stripes or dubstep and thought it was full on cheese. It'd make this trailer way more cheesy than it already is, imo.

    Well there's nothing to be said there then I guess because personal preference is of course just that and I will most definitely respect yours. Cheers.

    But I still think the re edited version of the trailer does much more justice to WW2 and Battlefield as a franchise than the original one did. And it's an opinion shared by many from the look of it.
  • china2991
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    2 Things bothered me from the trailer, 1. The blue face paint, which i also assume will lead to pretty much any color face paint and 2. The guy who drag's the guy running up the stairs into the room looks nothing like a German soldier and i also think he has blue face paint on. Unless he isn't a german soldier?

    edit: nevermind the second point i just realised it was the guy running up the stairs who drags the german into the room, Who looks more german. duh.
  • B3ast_1n_B3d
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Don't be fooled guys they released this trailer on purpose, make it unrelated to actual gameplay and get people talk about how bad it is, negative publicity is still publicity.
  • Dogwoggle11
    2678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Don't be fooled guys they released this trailer on purpose, make it unrelated to actual gameplay and get people talk about how bad it is, negative publicity is still publicity.

    But negative.
  • B3ast_1n_B3d
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Don't be fooled guys they released this trailer on purpose, make it unrelated to actual gameplay and get people talk about how bad it is, negative publicity is still publicity.

    But negative.

    Maybe for diehard BF fans, the masses who invaded gaming love colorful eye-candy trailers.
  • Dogwoggle11
    2678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Don't be fooled guys they released this trailer on purpose, make it unrelated to actual gameplay and get people talk about how bad it is, negative publicity is still publicity.

    But negative.

    Maybe for diehard BF fans, the masses who invaded gaming love colorful eye-candy trailers.

    I was just hoping you would answer "but publicity", really.
  • sharpdefine
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    Wtf is this???? This game is a f! Joke!!!!

    WWII should be taken seriously, not this crap!! Waited since 1942 for this.

    PFFFF!!!!!!

    This ^,

    the BF1 Trailer had a sense of dread to it. You can feel a sense of respect in BF1 the way you die like a dog on the first war story. That edited trailer is much better in that aspect.

    What we have instead is almost Hogan's heroes.

    I'm happy with the new features, full customization included. Not showing more than one location and different multiplayer gameplay is the real downer though.





  • B3ast_1n_B3d
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    Don't be fooled guys they released this trailer on purpose, make it unrelated to actual gameplay and get people talk about how bad it is, negative publicity is still publicity.

    But negative.

    Maybe for diehard BF fans, the masses who invaded gaming love colorful eye-candy trailers.

    I was just hoping you would answer "but publicity", really.

    Dog i'm writing your name down, pray i don't find you in BF V :) .
  • Dogwoggle11
    2678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    Don't be fooled guys they released this trailer on purpose, make it unrelated to actual gameplay and get people talk about how bad it is, negative publicity is still publicity.

    But negative.

    Maybe for diehard BF fans, the masses who invaded gaming love colorful eye-candy trailers.

    I was just hoping you would answer "but publicity", really.

    Dog i'm writing your name down, pray i don't find you in BF V :) .

    Well... I don't need to pray. Dogwoggle11 isn't my ingame name... haha.
  • Ronin9572
    1309 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Don't be fooled guys they released this trailer on purpose, make it unrelated to actual gameplay and get people talk about how bad it is, negative publicity is still publicity.

    Oh they've had enough of that the last few years...JS
  • iSpyRecon
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This "kid" who is 46 years old and has been playing EA games since Medal of Honor European Assault and supporting with my wallet, Battlefield since Bad Company, would like to exercise his opinion .... No war should be depicted in such a childish, non accurate, non historic manner. Yes, I fully understand that the game mechanics may be an improvement on the franchise. Yes I fully understand that it was simply a trailer, however, first impressions are important but most importantly, in my humble opinion, the trailer and everything winthin was an insult to the veterans of World War II.

    $0.02

  • Dogwoggle11
    2678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    Why is everyone saying that it is an insult to WWII veterans?

    That's like saying Scary Movie is an insult to serial killers.

    I doubt any veteran will say "oh man, look at DICE disrespecting me with their videogame!".
  • iSpyRecon
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2018
    Why is everyone saying that it is an insult to WWII veterans?

    That's like saying Scary Movie is an insult to serial killers.

    I doubt any veteran will say "oh man, look at DICE disrespecting me with their videogame!".

    Because it's not even close to an accurate representation of world war II. And please spare me the "it's a video game" mindset... Go back to the EA classics. At least they actually looked like World War II. I take comfort in the fact that I am not alone in my opinion.

    ... And for the record, it's documented that World War II vets were offended by certain video games. Maybe try doing your homework? They did speak highly of ubisoft's Hell's Highway Band of Brothers. You know, a World War II game and not the silly, Invincible Rambo's led by a woman depicted in this trailer.
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    iSpyRecon wrote: »
    Why is everyone saying that it is an insult to WWII veterans?

    That's like saying Scary Movie is an insult to serial killers.

    I doubt any veteran will say "oh man, look at DICE disrespecting me with their videogame!".

    Because it's not even close to an accurate representation of world war II. And please spare me the "it's a video game" mindset... Go back to the EA classics. At least they actually looked like World War II. I take comfort in the fact that I am not alone in my opinion.

    And it's a video game. Not a history book or a documentary. The multiplayer specifically has very little to do with what even happened in the real war beyond setting and aesthetics.

    Ill remember how ww2 looked in BF1942 when I'm flying around in my SWOWW2 Jetpack.
  • iSpyRecon
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2018
    Yes I've already stated to spare me the it's a video game nonsense... According to this trailer, they have absolutely no right to even call it a World War II game... once again I'm confident I'm not alone in my opinion. In fact, according to the majority of what I've read in this thread and elsewhere... I am not.
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    iSpyRecon wrote: »
    . According to this trailer, they have absolutely no right to even call it a World War II game..

    Except for the fact that its set in ww2, and features the weapons and vehicles used in ww2, and the nations that fought in ww2.

    The "it's a video game" spiel is not nonsense, it's literally reality.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11592 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    iSpyRecon wrote: »
    . According to this trailer, they have absolutely no right to even call it a World War II game..

    Except for the fact that its set in ww2, and features the weapons and vehicles used in ww2, and the nations that fought in ww2.

    The "it's a video game" spiel is not nonsense, it's literally reality.
    Pew pew
  • iSpyRecon
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2018
    Whatever you say. Because when we think World War II, the first thing that comes to mind is a woman with a prosthetic hand killing a guy with a cricket bat. To hell with storming the beaches of Normandy or freezing to death in Bastogne. As I said, I am discussing the trailer and I will say again, the trailer is utter nonsense. It's a very sad day when Call of Duty 1 ups us (WW2 Trailers).
  • Dogwoggle11
    2678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    iSpyRecon wrote: »
    Why is everyone saying that it is an insult to WWII veterans?

    That's like saying Scary Movie is an insult to serial killers.

    I doubt any veteran will say "oh man, look at DICE disrespecting me with their videogame!".

    Because it's not even close to an accurate representation of world war II. And please spare me the "it's a video game" mindset... Go back to the EA classics. At least they actually looked like World War II. I take comfort in the fact that I am not alone in my opinion.

    ... And for the record, it's documented that World War II vets were offended by certain video games. Maybe try doing your homework? They did speak highly of ubisoft's Hell's Highway Band of Brothers. You know, a World War II game and not the silly, Invincible Rambo's led by a woman depicted in this trailer.

    Show me those oh so documented "facts" of yours. Do the homework for me, pal.

    Are you saying that veterans, as a whole, are unable to differentiate between a videogame and the real thing, and thus are offended?
    Or is it just that you are ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ about it?

    Those people have been through quite a lot. They are not some special snowflakes like the majority of people these days.

    By the way, I am offended by fantasy medieval movies and series, because, you know, they aren't depicting the Middle Ages properly!

    Lord of the Rings? F*ck that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Game of Thrones? The trash bin is right there.
  • MayorMarionBarry
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Why is everyone saying that it is an insult to WWII veterans?

    That's like saying Scary Movie is an insult to serial killers.

    I doubt any veteran will say "oh man, look at DICE disrespecting me with their videogame!".

    I feel like WWII vets wouldn't be too thrilled about the basic idea of people playing a game based on their experience for fun and entertainment in the first place, regardless of how accurate it was.

    Games aren't supposed to be tributes, so I don't buy that argument.
Sign In or Register to comment.