Trailer is a huge let down.

1234568»

Comments

• Dogwoggle11
    2678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why is everyone saying that it is an insult to WWII veterans?

That's like saying Scary Movie is an insult to serial killers.

I doubt any veteran will say "oh man, look at DICE disrespecting me with their videogame!".

I feel like WWII vets wouldn't be too thrilled about the basic idea of people playing a game based on their experience for fun and entertainment in the first place, regardless of how accurate it was.

Games aren't supposed to be tributes, so I don't buy that argument.

That's what I'm trying to say. Games are not tributes. People should just get over it.
  • trip1ex
    5227 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    trailer is like a fine wine, it gets better with age especially at .25 speed.
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    iSpyRecon wrote: »
    Whatever you say. Because when we think World War II, the first thing that comes to mind is a woman with a prosthetic hand killing a guy with a cricket bat. To hell with storming the beaches of Normandy or freezing to death in Bastogne. As I said, I am discussing the trailer and I will say again, the trailer is utter nonsense. It's a very sad day when Call of Duty 1 ups us (WW2 Trailers).

Yes, and the first thing we think about when we think about ww1 is a black German scout infantryman shooting a guy with a French rifle and finishing him off with a naval cutlass in the middle of the Battle of Passchendaele.

And the first thing when we think about when we think World War 3 is a Chinese solder sniping someone with prototype German special police GOL Magnum before pulling out their 44 Magnum with a 3x scope on it and destroying an SUAV being used as a human battering ram out of the sky.

Remember all those historically accurate and realistic BF moments? Nah, me neither.
  • MayorMarionBarry
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I doubt any veteran will say "oh man, look at DICE disrespecting me with their videogame!".

I feel like WWII vets wouldn't be too thrilled about the basic idea of people playing a game based on their experience for fun and entertainment in the first place, regardless of how accurate it was.

That's what I'm trying to say. Games are not tributes. People should just get over it.

I know. I was agreeing with you :)
  • Dogwoggle11
    2678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I know. I was agreeing with you :)

And I was agreeing with you! Haha.
  • iSpyRecon
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
  • Zer0ofTime
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • VeccZyy
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    While I agree, I don't see what this trailer was trying to show and its stats are the exact opposite of BF1's trailer (2.2M likes and 43K dislikes to BFV's 201K likes and 177K dislikes) I'm just excited and ready for a new iteration of the BF franchise. I'm not one to suck up and stuff but I really liked BF1's trailer and really disliked playing. I have something like 130 hours so far whereas in BF3/BF4 I have well over 3-4K hours combined (xbox 360 and PC). I'm eager to see what DICE does with this especially the SEEMINGLY higher skill based gameplay. I'm ready to get back to that after BF1's very casual feel but I understand why they'd do that. On the flip side, they lost MANY veterans with BF1 so now they'll want to get them playing again so hopefully they'll give us the competitive, skill based game that we have always wanted.
  • UteUncleBarryyyy
    543 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Zer0ofTime wrote: »
    Official trailer looks even worse now :D
  • ashar_saleem121
    1391 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What I dont understand is why the people who liked the trailer are so offended by other people disliking it?

I'm looking forward to the game. The changes to mechanics sound really cool. But the trailer was not what I was expecting or wanted. I wanted a BF1 style trailer. I can't speak for anyone else but that's literally my whole issue.
  • Valgandar
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I really did not like the trailer the first time I watched it. But watching a few YouTube videos where they dissected all the little moments in the trailer, showing off all the things that will be in the game. I really am excited for the game. So my words of wisdom are, don't take the trailer as a hype tool. Tear the details apart and look at what they are showing us.
  • LiuzhouMtBrotha
    129 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    Personally I think DICE was not thinking to set it as a 100% WWII scene this time from the start, instead they add some creation and new element in it.
    They are not just refreshing the Battlefield 1942 or Battlefield 1 scene(I will be bored if they do that), they are trying new things making it another different Battlefield that's all.
    But I think they have to stress their actual idea since most of the players have been lets say surprised instead of disappointed by the trailer already.
    ps I always support and can't wait to watch gameplay.

BUT I hate PUBG!
    Post edited by LiuzhouMtBrotha on
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    iSpyRecon wrote: »

Because it's not even close to an accurate representation of world war II. And please spare me the "it's a video game" mindset... Go back to the EA classics. At least they actually looked like World War II. I take comfort in the fact that I am not alone in my opinion.

... And for the record, it's documented that World War II vets were offended by certain video games. Maybe try doing your homework? They did speak highly of ubisoft's Hell's Highway Band of Brothers. You know, a World War II game and not the silly, Invincible Rambo's led by a woman depicted in this trailer.

Maybe they r changing directions it's apparent from bf2.
  • MayorMarionBarry
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    What I dont understand is why the people who liked the trailer are so offended by other people disliking it?

I'm looking forward to the game. The changes to mechanics sound really cool. But the trailer was not what I was expecting or wanted. I wanted a BF1 style trailer. I can't speak for anyone else but that's literally my whole issue.

Yeah I'm exactly there with you 100%
  • Ronin9572
    1308 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Probably because most of those ppl are offended by anyone who doesn't agree with them. This is the group EA/Dice were trying to attact. It's sad but there's a whole generation of these type of ppl.