Alternate History WWII

Kozer213
160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
So since I this seems to be an alternate history game, what interesting and new things do you think we will see? Besides cyborg women with metal arms and V2 rockets being used to bomb random fields.

The reveal said it will start off taking place during the early years of the war in the Fall of France and progress onward. Well. That didn't have Tiger tanks which I saw a turret of or...V2 rockets. So...What else will be different?

Just got to say. I am currently let down by this. But I guess I will wait for an actual game play reveal.

Comments

• Tesityr
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If I may state what I think:
    I don't mind the 'wymn' and the handicapped soldiers or any of what other people are talking about, I am more worried about the small, cramped maps instead of the large, epic battle theaters that early BF games had - that is what I personally prefer. Oddly-mashed-up futurism isn't a bad thing to me either, there's only so many times you can cecreate AK47 Models in games...

The Trailer was "interesting". Not bad, not great, mostly explosions... I understand it was a Tech Demo of sorts, it did show nice shading/lighting, particles, new movements (shooting from laying on the back), etc - all of that wasn't bad.

I am more worried the maps will be too small 'to encourage higher frequency of encounters' - the opposite of what Battlefield was built on.
  • Kozer213
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I at least want a semblance of historical accuracy, I get it, its a video game that has never claimed to be a simulator. But my god. The amount of times I watched and rewatched the bf3 trailers. This here seems to me, to be a joke. I hate coming off like I hate women. Lord knows they did a crap ton during the war. But I mean...Why ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ on history? Hence my alternate history.