Dice please increase the player count of Rush to at least 40 players in BFV

Kranden
70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
Make rush great again! I actually enjoyed rush in battlefield one a lot, I had a blast playing this game mode with my platoon and friends, but please 12vs12 was just too few players, please increase the player count especially with custom servers!

Comments

• Sierrablades
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    make it at least 32 players, otherwise it feels like TDM meets operations. 40 would be great :smile:
  • xCRIMSONxGUARDx
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    i miss bad company 2 iteration of rush.
  • SpartanHoplite6
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Agreed. The rush gamemode needs a higher player count by default.
  • xCRIMSONxGUARDx
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    is there even going to be rush though? i missed any details or it being bought up one way or another.
  • SpartanHoplite6
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    is there even going to be rush though? i missed any details or it being bought up one way or another.

Good point. I would assume yes, but we'll of course have to wait and see. Maybe someone can verify...
  • Kranden
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I assume there will be rush as its a huge selling point to the game for a large community of players who play a lot of rush like myself. Don't think I would purchase the game if no rush mode was included.
  • Kranden
    Dice don't do 24 man rush again...
  • AMEN2THAT
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    They didnt even name RUSH as returning gamemode in BFV... which is worrying
  • evhgear
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    question: was Rush great in BF1 ? I can't even remember playing rush. Maybe I played a few times, but most of the time it's a clusterfuck around a gold crate(a radio in BF1 if I remember). I never was a fan of Rush game mode, but it feels for me that the Operation game mode as an improved version of Rush.
  • AMEN2THAT
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    RUSH is good in BF1 but it has some problems like artillery spam, 24p limit and no MIXED servers... but its still a lot better than BF4's RUSH, maps much better (at least most of them)
  • Kranden
    AMEN2THAT wrote: »
    RUSH is good in BF1 but it has some problems like artillery spam, 24p limit and no MIXED servers... but its still a lot better than BF4's RUSH, maps much better (at least most of them)

I'm pretty sure that artillery spam was designed to limit the capability of a camping vehicle **** to ruin the game. Usually what happens is you get a certain kind of player (if you have played rush you have seen this guy, there is a particular individual I think of when we talk about Battlefield one, he spent most of the game swearing at everyone in the game mocking people as he farmed kills screaming b*itch boy over and over heh) He then sat in the back with a tank, in the attackers out of bounds spawn points using distance to farm kills at the expensive of his team taking the objective.(this particular vehicle **** made the game mode less enjoyable especially since his team could never win while he was only interested in farming kills, it forces you to use artillery to remove the issue)

This absolutely breaks rush. Being able to call artillery strikes on camping tanks makes the game mode far more enjoyable, Tanks were very broken in battlefield 4 and broke the game mode on maps with heavy vehicle counts.

BUT, artillery needs to be reduced in effectiveness vs infantry players in general, it either needs to target vehicles as a priority or do less damage to infantry.

I think the maps were also far superior in this game compared to battlefield 4, I may have enjoyed the skillful gun-play In bf4 more, but the maps sucked by comparison, especially for rush.

straight up removing the capability to have mixed mode game-play with smaller game modes also broke the game, I actually enjoyed front-lines and we couldn't even set our rush server to mixed mode throwing front lines maps because of the 32 man frontlines player count, if I did this it would kick out players to make the game 24 man again when it turned back into rush.

Here's the thing dice, I was in a huge community of players in battlefield 4 in what I would imgaine is one of the largest rush platoons in all of battlefield history with players from all over the world, we had over 50 players in that game most of which were highly skilled.

In battlefield one I run a rush platoon called SALT, a big rush platoon with over 20 players and there there are probably less than 5 friends in this new platoon that played BF4 with me.

Fixing gunplay to bring back high level skill will probably encourage my group of friends to play the new battlefield, we all stay in touch with one another for the most part and I bet they are excited to pwn noobs again, but I doubt they will come back for a 24 man rush game mode, we want to see 32-40 man rush be a thing again.
  • Popa2caps
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Kranden wrote: »
    Make rush great again! I actually enjoyed rush in battlefield one a lot, I had a blast playing this game mode with my platoon and friends, but please 12vs12 was just too few players, please increase the player count especially with custom servers!

I want more 128 Conquest, 64 Rush. (Not being funny and or joking)
  • ShevermiN
    282 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Kranden wrote: »
    AMEN2THAT wrote: »

straight up removing the capability to have mixed mode game-play with smaller game modes also broke the game, I actually enjoyed front-lines and we couldn't even set our rush server to mixed mode throwing front lines maps because of the 32 man frontlines player count, if I did this it would kick out players to make the game 24 man again when it turned back into rush.

This is not correct ?? mixedmode rotations sets the server player count to the lowest player count of the maps in the rotation. So once you put rush into the rotation it becomes a 24p server. You can add conquest but it becomes 24p, you can have frontlines because I've done it and it just goes to 24p. In default you do have issues with number of players to start I think. If you mix frontlines with conquest it becomes a 32p server and if you mixed air assault with conquest it would become a 40p server.

But I agree that there is no reason not to have 32p rush even without having to adjust the tickets, pigeons would work 32p, so would supply drop. It's only domination and TDM that would need more tickets.

All we can hope is that in the last patch they unlock the server number so we can set to whatever.

And more importantly are we going see more functions added to the RSP for BFV or are they going to can it ????

• Stormblade31
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    There was once this 64 player rush server on BF4 I played, it was so fun.
    I do hope rent-a-server have this option again at the very least.
  • Kranden
    There was once this 64 player rush server on BF4 I played, it was so fun.
    I do hope rent-a-server have this option again at the very least.

Never been a huge fan of 64 man rush its kind of a clusterfek 42 is a good maximum and its crazy enough with that many player
  • causes_strokes
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    NO!! HOW BOUT 50vs50!!
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1307 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I dont think we will se Rush in BFV... Saw a Twitter-feed somewhere that stated Dice confirmed all gamemodes to be supporting 64-player except DOM & TDM....
    The 64-player gamemodes being:
    - Conquest
    - Operations Grand
    - Frontlines?

Which means 5 gamemodes... Game ships without DLC, but this eventually also means that we´re not getting 115 gamemodes to choose from... which is understandable...
  • vitaL1tyy
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    24 person rush was straight trash and bf1 was garbage. As someone with over 2k hours between bf3 and bf4, 95% of which are playing rush I hope that the game mode is included in BFV
  • khalsa113
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Agreed...hoping the gameplay is less "arcade-y". Rush was pretty good in BC2 and BF3. BF4's rush mode got better as the game was patched.
  • Armisten
    postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I would absolutely support bringing back rush and it definitely needs more players. 24 Player rush just wasn't well balanced given the maps. Moving to 30 or preferably 40 person rush would allow a greater difference between other game modes, without having a crazy chaotic game.