Congratulations on your worst trailer yet

ManInTheWall
2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
All I, and I hope I speak for everyone else here, ever wanted was an "authentic" WW2 Battlefield. With a realistic atmosphere, as "realistic" as Battlefield can get obviously. Battlefield 1 did something right when it comes to authentic gameplay, look at Operations for example. Turning off HUD in that gamemode make you feel like you're actually in a battle.

Then comes Battlefield V, the trailer was a huge let down, felt very arcade:y and wasn't battlefield at all. The trailer didn't show battles as a WW2 battle should be. I'm in no way sexist but including females in multiplayer was a really bad decision because it will literally ruin any immersion you can feel, for example if Battlefield V has operations, hearing females charging and screaming everywhere around you won't make you feel like you're in a WW2 battle. Especially if they're all wearing clown facepaint and having robot arms.

Please DICE, I know you have a lot of pressure from SJWs and such but don't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ this Battlefield up. Just LISTEN to your fanbase for once. The dislikes on the trailer speaks for itself.

There's still time to fix this,

Comments

• Noodlesocks
    3613 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The changes I've read and heard about definitely make the game sound a lot more interesting than the trailer would lead anyone to believe. Truly I do not think the reveal trailer was very good at all and has not or will not do the game justice.
  • MayorMarionBarry
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    All of my criticism thus far has been aimed solely at the trailer and the aesthetics.

I'm sure the game will still be fun, but that trailer really disappointed me.

Maybe BF1 set the bar too high.
  • AzaerusV
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can you please explain me a full detail how a WW2 battle should be? Go ahead.

As a starter, one could use the trailer for how a WW2 battle would not be. : )
  • AlotOfThunder
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    so getting shot in the face, then run over by a tank, then lit on fire - and then REVIVED is totally fine with you and not immersion breaking.

but the presence of a female completely destroys your precious 'mursion, making the game literally unplayable.

that is so superficial LMAO
  • Ronin9572
    1269 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    All of my criticism thus far has been aimed solely at the trailer and the aesthetics.

I'm sure the game will still be fun, but that trailer really disappointed me.

Maybe BF1 set the bar too high.

I feel the same way. Guess we'll have to wait for June 9th to see what the game really looks like. The game mechanics look really cool, and they've done away with Premium. I just hope they don't try and make it look like all the other games out there. If they wanted a modern futuristic game than why didn't they just make that instead?
  • ChaosTrip
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    so getting shot in the face, then run over by a tank, then lit on fire - and then REVIVED is totally fine with you and not immersion breaking.

but the presence of a female completely destroys your precious 'mursion, making the game literally unplayable.

That's irrelevant everyone has there own way to get immersed in a game.
  • Faylum
    440 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Absolutely, because it is still supposed to be a game in a set time period. But adding women into an era they never served in because you wana virtue signal how great you are to people who don't even play the game is a little disgusting.

Eat more soy, wear more tight jeans and stand up for the oppression of women. But you still won't get laid.
  • BAL3RION151
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    All I, and I hope I speak for everyone else here, ever wanted was an "authentic" WW2 Battlefield.

You don't speak for everyone here, but there are a million different opinions on what 'authentic' means.

Then comes Battlefield V, the trailer was a huge let down, felt very arcade:y and wasn't battlefield at all.
    Battlefield has always been Arcadey. You want simulation type authenticity, go play a simulation or the other titles out there that have a goal to do just this.
    The trailer didn't show battles as a WW2 battle should be.
    You're totally right about that. You were there right? You want to tell us how it should have actually gone down? On a serious note, I get your point, but... these comments from gamers always crack me up. Seems like everyone on the internet is an 'expert' these days and knows how to do things the 'right' way.
    I'm in no way sexist but including females in multiplayer was a really bad decision because it will literally ruin any immersion you can feel, for example if Battlefield V has operations, hearing females charging and screaming everywhere around you won't make you feel like you're in a WW2 battle.

I'm no statistical expert and am pulling this statistic out of my ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, but I imagine 80% of players will be of the male demographic, maybe more. Of those 80% probably 80% are going to want to play male avatars. I really don't think the battlefield is going to be over populated with women, but your vaginal phobia is noted.
    Please DICE, I know you have a lot of pressure from SJWs and such but don't **** this Battlefield up. Just LISTEN to your fanbase for once. The dislikes on the trailer speaks for itself.

There's still time to fix this,

This has nothing to do with an SJW agenda. This is about reaching a wider demographic. There are a lot more female gamers in the current generation than 10 years ago. They are making changes to attract said gamers. That being said, is it historically likely to see women on the battlefield? No. Is it historically impossible? No.

Honestly, if we're taking out the immersion breakers, lets get rid of respawns, squad spawns, silencers in an era when they did not exist to the level they are portrayed in these games, and all the other historical flaws that have been present in EVERY BATTLEFIELD GAME.

TL:DR - This is not a simulator. This is a Triple A Arcadey shooter that aims to be visually authentic, not so much historically accurate. I think you all will be much happier people if you get off your high horse and just enjoy the game for what it is, and frankly, always has been.
  • Masher8559
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I won't judge the game until we actually see game-play, but i will agree that trailer did not do it justice, i did not get a ww2 vibe from it at all.
  • AlotOfThunder
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    Faylum wrote: »

Absolutely, because it is still supposed to be a game in a set time period. But adding women into an era they never served in because you wana virtue signal how great you are to people who don't even play the game is a little disgusting.

Eat more soy, wear more tight jeans and stand up for the oppression of women. But you still won't get laid.

I'm on neither side on this lol

noooo not muh 'mursion

Get over it.