3rd Party Servers ?

CrashCA
494 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Please allow rented admin-able servers, you can use the wishlist from BF1 as a guide.

Comments

• ElStryfe
    161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    We're back again, wanting our rent able servers that we probably won't get like we had in Battlefield 4. #FeelsForniteMan
  • PopsicleStealer
    955 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    No please, I want Official servers instead of private.
  • Jake_Melanoma
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Without 3rd party servers the game is a lot less interesting to me.
  • CrashCA
    494 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Dear Pop, you can have them.
    The Communities want 3rd party.
  • impulsive_tango
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    3rd party servers are what made BF the game it used to be (until BF1 anyways). But I'm afraid the RSP is what we will see in BF5. If we were getting 3rd party server support that would have boosted preorder sales for pc players.
  • Radious1987
    157 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Would be good is custom server would not be hidden from regular search as it is in BF1 cause it makes them entirely useless.
  • Muzzy2222
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think 3rd party servers or at worst rental servers with full admin control are a must. The gaming communities will die otherwise as they have started doing with BF1. If there are no rental servers i can see people not buying the game. For many communities server control is key.
  • Jake_Melanoma
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    3rd party servers= I'll be getting the game.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    3076 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Mate, kids want make rules again so they can play 500000000 tickets 24/7 locker all over again.
  • Muzzy2222
    edited May 24

Mate, kids want make rules again so they can play 500000000 tickets 24/7 locker all over again.

Mate adults that don't want to have to tolerate racists, insults and cheats.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    3076 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Muzzy2222 wrote: »

But bf1 server options fully allow you to kick/ban anyone you want. Nothing else is needed.
  • PopsicleStealer
    955 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited May 24

And I don't want to spend 2 hours searching for a decent server in a pile of shiet like a chicken.

If adults are so easily affected by racists, insults etc, they better grow up already.
  • Muzzy2222

And I don't want to spend 2 hours searching for a decent server in a pile of shiet like a chicken.

If adults are so easily affected by racists, insults etc, they better grow up already.

That's the spirit just ignore injustices. lol
  • Reverend-1313
    156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

But bf1 server options fully allow you to kick/ban anyone you want. Nothing else is needed.

This is a really misleading comment. Making it seem like that's all a server admin does. The server admin Controls in bf1 are a dumpster fire.
  • DAARDEVIL
    4 postsMember Member
    Yes please
  • CedarOfLebanon
    476 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Or no rental servers at all but instead add offline bots, skirmish mode
  • Reverend-1313
    Or no rental servers at all but instead add offline bots, skirmish mode

Not sure i understand how you are making a correlation between User controlled Servers and offline bots and skirmish mode. Fully removing an FPS staple (user controlled servers) that has been around since the dawn of the FPS genre, and add a completely unrelated feature?

And i should add that there is a very strong argument that most of the FPS games being played today wouldn't even exist without the support and sometimes direct creation and contribution to the games via the communities that run these servers. Battlefield is a prime example, it wouldn't even exist today if it weren't for the community support from the early PC only games. Same goes for Counterstrike and Call of Duty.
  • ElStryfe
    161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Some people making posts in this thread clearly have never run a community or a server before.
  • Reverend-1313
    And Zero info from EA...shocked....