What's wrong with being gritty? What's wrong with being authentically immersive?

IronSightNoScope
37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
Do I need to remind you the trailer released three months ago?
https://youtube.com/watch?v=soGeowHi4kA

Like, being down-to-earth and boots-on-the-ground is too boring?
What's wrong with this type of art style?
Call_of_Duty_World_at_War_cover.png
77813.jpg
90153.jpg
BHHW_PS3_BXSHT_2D_m.jpg
211070-brothers-in-arms-hell-s-highway-limited-edition-xbox-360-other.jpg

Is this style no longer suitable for World War 2? Lack of vividness? Scaring children?

You know, there a reason why COD WWII failed so miserably while COD World at War is still the best COD.
You see how the Inglourious Basterds knock-off "BIA Furious 4" got cancelled?

Now World War 2 is all about individual heroism. No more survival horror. No more desperation. Now all that matters is how unique you look and how shiny you are on the battlefield.
Maj. Winters will be rolling over in his grave.
CQpP77AVAAAkjk8.jpg:large

https://youtube.com/watch?v=tEjIIbOXqOk

Please, DICE. I sincerely urge you to reconsider your decisions. People have been waiting for a proper Battlefield 1944 for far too long.

Comments

• Noodlesocks
    3613 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not so easy to sell items of customisation if all you've got is 50 different varieties of brown and grey cloth.
  • IronSightNoScope
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited May 2018
    Not so easy to sell items of customisation if all you've got is 50 different varieties of brown and grey cloth.
    The character customization should be kept minimal! This is WWII not some super cool CIA black ops.
    Everyone should look similar because every soldier is equally important. The WWII theme should be promoting collaborationism, not individual heroism.
  • Noodlesocks
    3613 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Between this and Dice's trend of empowering the individual over collective accomplishment in Battlefield games, I do not expect this game will deliver on it's WW2 theme.

Personally I am looking forward to Post Scriptum to scratch that itch.
  • AzaerusV
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Between this and Dice's trend of empowering the individual over collective accomplishment in Battlefield games, I do not expect this game will deliver on it's WW2 theme.

Its been strongly hinted Post Scriptum is having its first weekend test this week for those of us that have bought it on steam. Been waiting for months personally.
  • IronSightNoScope

I'm not even mad at this point. Just the crushing disappointment.
    I haven't slept well for almost three ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ days just for this supposedly BF1944 reveal.

Now I'm so confused. I truly do not understand... how can this happen? I mean, shouldn't DICE learn from the mistakes of their rival aka COD WWII instead of REPEATING them???
    Dude, they are businessmen. This is not rocket science, it's just common sense not only for the perspective business but also for everyone! Why??

Also check Hell Let Loose out.
    https://hellletloose.com/
  • AlotOfThunder
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    they need tons of customization options for cosmetics so they can sell lots of lootboxes.

you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ begged for premium to be removed

how else are they gonna make money now? that's right, lots and lots of cosmetics via lootboxes.

- which shouldnt be a problem with anyone now amirite?
  • IronSightNoScope
    they need tons of customization options for cosmetics so they can sell lots of lootboxes.

you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ begged for premium to be removed

how else are they gonna make money now? that's right, lots and lots of cosmetics via lootboxes.

- which shouldnt be a problem with anyone now amirite?
    (I've personally never complained about the season pass, so yea)

But they could have just add appealing weapon skins. I'm sure people will appreciate much more if they can have beautiful engravings on their Kar98ks, which no one's gonna notice when shooting them, instead of watching green tank wearing Kratos and Jacob Seed running around the WWII theater.

Oh and did I mention the prosthesis wearing lady? I'm just gonna assume she's a French resistance member wearing Tommy uniform so I can justify everything I see in the trailer.
    Even men with prosthesis wouldn't be going back to fight on the front line and that lady just quick scoped with her prosthesis...

I actually despise nastogiafa.gs but this time I really have to say... things were much better back then.
    I sincerely miss the time when WWII shooter developers don't need to worry about being accused of sexism and "non-inclusiveness". Apparently, BFV is aiming for customers of all age so it can't be too gritty or it will scare the children and give children depression. Might as well get rated E for Everyone then.