EA Confirms Battlefield V Will NOT Have Loot Boxes

Vespervin
1197 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I'm liking the sound of this. Hopefully it stays that way and they don't change their mind and add them later during the life cycle of V.

Comments

• RobDMaggot
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't believe it.
    With the new character customization system, I'll be expecting to find a cotton scarf that doesn't quite compliment the boots I received from the last lootbox.
  • Vespervin
    1197 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    RobDMaggot wrote: »
    I don't believe it.
    With the new character customization system, I'll be expecting to find a cotton scarf that doesn't quite compliment the boots I received from the last lootbox.

Apparently for the cosmetic items you can buy them directly with real money or grind in-game currency to purchase them with.
  • AlotOfThunder
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    so how will they make money? dont they need funds to make future content for the game down the road?

no premium either so?
  • Vespervin
    so how will they make money? dont they need funds to make future content for the game down the road?

no premium either so?

From players using real money to purchase the cosmetic items they really want. Believe it or not this is a good way for cash revenue in a video-game, Battlefield V won't be the first to do it.
  • TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    No loot boxes, but battlepacks?

I'm suspicious. Especially given that there's no Premium this year? There has to be some method of EA attempting to recoup some of the money they are losing from Premium.
  • azelenkin0306
    534 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    War, war never changes and people, people never learn. If company doesn’t get money from one source, they will find other

I am afraid that after several months since BFV launch, you will start to feel nostalgic about good old Premium days
  • Vespervin
    I wouldn't be surprised if they add lootboxes three months in. It's EA we're talking about, after all. But it is nice to hear them say this now. Hopefully it stays this way.
  • WesleY-O-HuanG
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    You still have box... just not called loot box...
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1277 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

no premium either so?

They should have kept premium, or atleaat premium for the micro transactions that will come out later