Airlifts are the new lootboxes?

HawkeyeAM47
1370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
So, i was reading the Battlefield V description for preorder on the xbox store, and i was wondering how does these "airlifts" work?
Also, attachments, and weapons and other customization are only unlocked through these airlifts!?
Just wondering how this all works.
Thanks for your time guys

Comments

• Alphazetamu
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I also noticed that. Maybe it's a way of getting cosmetics.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I also noticed that. Maybe it's a way of getting cosmetics.
    I know for a fact if its like loot boxes, similar to star wars battlefront 2 the community will lose there marbles, i think if there doing microtranactions, at least have a season pass to unlock all cosmetics, its fair, but i understand you have to make money though
  • Alphazetamu
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I think you got the quote box not quite right.

What I'm wondering though is what this live service model means. Will we have to pay a subscription to take part in the ``tides of war'' thing?
  • oof14346
    954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Didn't sound like it. They did say all the content is free for all players.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1908 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    "Free" :wink:

Not even death is free in todays society.... But lets wait and see if Dice is more succesful with this businessmodel...

I´m wondering if this Premiumfree model leaves an opening to release BF annually??
  • oof14346
    954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    dA_9_eL_81 wrote: »
    "

I´m wondering if this Premiumfree model leaves an opening to release BF annually??

Ewwww...I hope not.
  • Alphazetamu
    I hope not as well. I also hope they don't do a ttk 2.0 on us midway through the lifecycle which screws over all the map balance.