Colorfield V WW2 in bright colors

Xepoz
1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
Like many others i have a high hope for a new WW2 Battlefield.
But when i see female pirates, flambojant ninjas, Blue face masks and in the unlock screen of BF4 to get some early rewads for BFV u can see a beautiful (Ugly ) Red white blue tank .

i know BF isnt all about that realistic crap and it doesnt have to be. but if im playing a WW2 game i dont want to have Clowns and brightly colord cars and tanks .. it need to be dark and grity.
Some people might like it . sink some money into cosmetics i get it your making a lot of stuff free.

But im just asking for there to be the option to turn off cosmetics for some one who doesnt care about it .
I dont want no gold tanks or guns or knifes .. if u want that go play CS:Go

Thanks i know you can makes this happen DICE!

<3

Comments

• moosehunter1969
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There was colour in the 1940’s you know, it’s not a modern invention.
  • AgentNewb
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Stop being stupid. He does not mean that in the '40s were not colors. He means the post-process and the rendering of this new game does not give you the sensation of WW2 battle. And he did mention that he refers to clown soldiers and pinky-fancy vehicles.

#NotMyBattlefield.
  • ESCOBAR1875
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

o_O
  • Kranden
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Yeah but it was pretty grainy color for a while you know

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/01/30/94/013094e6f1dfffaff0d5e6ff7d303dc7.jpg
  • TheDeeplyCynical
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    You can turn down the colour on your monitor/TV - Problem solved
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You can turn down the colour on your monitor/TV - Problem solved

Best solution yet.

Not sure why it is concidered "too colorful". I guess it should be in black and white since that is what most WW2 pictures are depicted?
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't understand the too colorful or cartoony arguments.

Do people think that before color cameras, the world existed in grainy darkness? Or that gunfire and tank treads sucked the green out off all the grass and the blue out of the sky?

From what I saw, the most vibrant color was green, and it looked like grass looks. You know.... Green.
  • MissCommissar
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »

Do people think that before color cameras, the world existed in grainy darkness? Or that gunfire and tank treads sucked the green out off all the grass and the blue out of the sky?

From what I saw, the most vibrant color was green, and it looked like grass looks. You know.... Green.

Well, colors have a pretty big role in creating visual experience in any visual media - TV, movie, games...

Take a CoD WaW as an example - it was pretty grey, grim and dark. No vibrant colors, no clear blue sky, nothing like that.

And guess what - it really worked well for the heavy, sad and grim atmosphere of that game, combined with sounds, music and general game design of it.

So, if you know at least something about making video content, you wouldn't really underestimate the power of colors in your picture in making your visual product.
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Well, colors have a pretty big role in creating visual experience in any visual media - TV, movie, games...

Take a CoD WaW as an example - it was pretty grey, grim and dark. No vibrant colors, no clear blue sky, nothing like that.

And guess what - it really worked well for the heavy, sad and grim atmosphere of that game, combined with sounds, music and general game design of it.

So, if you know at least something about making video content, you wouldn't really underestimate the power of colors in your picture in making your visual product.

But one also must realize that stereotypical design choices aren't a standard and don't need to be followed. Why should a battle across emerald green fields with clear blue skies be flushed of most of its color to convey that it was a sad event? Especially when it's less part of a story about the battle, and more just a multiplayer map in an arcade shooter were visibility is a huge aspect, and in which every multiplayer match starts at the beginning of said battle?

That's also without mentioning the weather processes that can make said colorful maps appear gloomy and dark for a limited and random time.
  • AlotOfThunder
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    20160606220819.jpg
    color recaptures how the world really looked like

KApZOa5.jpg
    ^ to me, it looks like they're still going for that dark and gloomy look as well.

CoD WAW had colorful scenery in the pacific levels.
  • ThePoolshark
    2502 postsMember, Game Changer, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Game Changer
    i would like my games in black and white, pls
  • WetFishDB
    2329 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    20160606220819.jpg
    color recaptures how the world really looked like

KApZOa5.jpg
    ^ to me, it looks like they're still going for that dark and gloomy look as well.

CoD WAW had colorful scenery in the pacific levels.

I've said it a couple of times on other threads, but the trailer could easily be just one scene from one environment. Think Rupture, with green grass and blue skies. There may well be other maps that are much more grim and gritty and grey. They've probably picked the brighter environment to pull on some of the Fortnight popularity, but I firmly expect it to have a balance of more gloomy maps, and less cartoony than people seem to be alluding to.
  • Loqtrall
    edited May 2018

YOU'RE HERE
  • ThePoolshark
    2502 postsMember, Game Changer, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Game Changer

YOU'RE HERE

you don't see me
  • Loqtrall

YOU'RE HERE

you don't see me

See who?
    buh dum tss?
  • ThePoolshark
    excellent
    exc.gif
  • CanonFodder23
    354 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Actually colour was only invented in 1977 to celebrate the Queen's silver jubilee. True fact