Fears allayed

oof14346
954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
The trailer was a big meh for me, but after watching Jackfrags, Westie and Flakfire's videos about all the gameplay changes and mechanics that weren't shown in the trailer, I'm excited to see more gameplay. I just don't know why DICE decided to go that direction with their trailer.

Comments

• ladderley
    129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I feel like Jackfrags did a much better job of informing me than trailer did agreed.
  • oof14346
    954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ladderley wrote: »
    I feel like Jackfrags did a much better job of informing me than trailer did agreed.

The fact that we have to get the info from outside sources was terrible. Not just the trailer, but the whole reveal event didn't do a good job of explaining everything.
  • Bobinarea52
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the issue was trying to condense the 3 hour press brief into a 2 min trailer , created by a new trailer team. not the old bf1,bf4,bf3,bfbc2,bfbc,bf2 guy
  • oof14346
    I think the issue was trying to condense the 3 hour press brief into a 2 min trailer , created by a new trailer team. not the old bf1,bf4,bf3,bfbc2,bfbc,bf2 guy

Not just the trailer but the whole reveal event. When talking about customization, they should have gone into detail and talk about how the Filthy 13 used to wear face paint, how Jack Churchill went into battle with a sword, etc.

Not explaining all that led to people seeing the trailer and going, "What are Kratos and a 1 armed British woman doing in Battlefield?!?"
  • Alphazetamu
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    When I first saw the girl I thought it was a mixture of Aloy from Horizon Zero Dawn crossed with a Cyberdemon lord from Doom.

Aloy_Horizon_Zero_Dawn.png

+

Cyberdemon_Doom2.jpg
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1908 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    oof14346 wrote: »

Not just the trailer but the whole reveal event. When talking about customization, they should have gone into detail and talk about how the Filthy 13 used to wear face paint, how Jack Churchill went into battle with a sword, etc.

Not explaining all that led to people seeing the trailer and going, "What are Kratos and a 1 armed British woman doing in Battlefield?!?"

i just lol´ed at u´r signatur dude... On Topic: Any press is good press... Usually we have this bad press-reception for COD... But anyways...

The trailer was a over the top and clearly not representative for the actual gameplay... Same thing goes for the BF1 trailer... there are numerous comparrisions between the release-trailer and the actual gameplay... I´m confident BFV will take up loads of my sparetime this coming fall & winter....
  • oof14346
    dA_9_eL_81 wrote: »
    oof14346 wrote: »

i just lol´ed at u´r signatur dude... On Topic: Any press is good press... Usually we have this bad press-reception for COD... But anyways...

The trailer was a over the top and clearly not representative for the actual gameplay... Same thing goes for the BF1 trailer... there are numerous comparrisions between the release-trailer and the actual gameplay... I´m confident BFV will take up loads of my sparetime this coming fall & winter....

Can't wait for the Beta.

Oh, and your sig made me think "small kiss, small hug, small kiss, small hug". ;)