Things that I really like the sound of:
- Everyone in the squad can revive, HOWEVER there is an animation in doing so. This both improves team play and limits the insta-revive medic trains. Also with the health regen and ammo changes it may mean there is more squad diversity which can only be a good thing.
- Can see the people you are spawning with. If you get spawn killed its on you now. Also much easier to see what you are spawning into too. Loved this in SWBF2.
- Visual Customisation is a big one. The ability to feel like an individual rather than just an anonymous soldier really appeals to me. Better players wearing unique outfits might suddenly become targets (or cause their enemies to decide against engaging). Just hope that it still remains easy to know which side everyone is on.
- Class Customisation is pretty cool too. The diversity across the battlefield should be greatly increased resulting in more dynamic and bespoke interactions.
- Importance of having a good squad leader and working as a squad is emphasised and rewarded. Being able to call in reinforcements sounds awesome.
I know some people dislike some of the impacts to realism and/or immersion. I partly understand that. To me, there is always a trade off between gameplay and immersion. There would be no revives after headshots etc, but we accept there is for gameplay sakes etc Most of us play with HUD on too for example. The balance may have shifted a little more towards gameplay and less towards a bit of realism, but personally I really don't mind that at all.