The amount of hate right now...

INachol
53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited May 2018
I haven't really posted anything on the forums since the Battlelog forums did get shut down.. Thanks to reveal I thought lets see how the new forums are because i'm pretty hyped for the new Battlefield game.

But oh man, there are so many grumpy people here and on YouTube complaining how inaccurate BFV is gonna be and that DICE/EA aren't honoring the WW2 vets and the people who have died at it. Also so many people are complaining about that there will be women characters in the game.

First and all, how can you guys say stuff like that, it's a GAME they don't have to be historically accurate and who actually cares if their are women on the Battlefield. It will not change how you will be playing the game at all. Just look at BF1, there are also women characters in the multiplayer did that change your perspective about the game? Nah, I don't think so.

Sure, the reveal trailer wasn't as good as the reveal trailer from BF1. But still, the trailer was more about showing off the new cool mechanics and let us know what kind of era it was gonna be. Also yeah sure DICE/EA should have told us way more because now we did get most of the information from JackFrags or Westie so that was kinda stupid from them..

But if I have to believe JackFrags, the game is gonna be more like Battlefield 4 which is a good thing in my book.

And last, I still really don't get why everyone is hating on it. You guys haven't even see actual gameplay yet and already complaining that it's gonna be terrible. EA play will be in 2 weeks at 9 till 11 June we will see way more then..

-Nacho

b8bKcYy.jpg
Post edited by INachol on

Comments

• INachol
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    More concept art because they look fantastic

Wny8DVu.jpg
    c6hczE9.jpg
    U6dlNxG.jpg
    tEL2a5i.jpg
    2LWwx2g.jpg

• Kozer213
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am hating on it because not only did that trailer look like something out of call of duty, but certain things just break the immersion. I want to play a WWII game and I want to be minimally immersed. Yes its a game, but it isn't hard to attempt to stick somewhat to history.
  • Natetendo83
    1029 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Here's the thing, this concept art looks pretty good. What we saw in the trailer looked awful compared to the concept art. They completely missed the WWII vibe.

b8bKcYy.jpg
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BIA_Copen wrote: »
    You should read the notes on all the core mechanic changes they're making with BF V. Not all the hate is about the female characters and we can only comment on the info released. Based on what was released it's not looking good and a Hardline like flop is a real possibility with the changes and liberties they've taken.

Can you elaborate? From any of the info I've heard, I'm nothing but excited for the new changes

-Squad revives, keeping squads together more effectively, working together as a team more; albeit no more 100% health revives, placing more importance on medics and health systems.

-No more 100% health regen by passing time hiding behind a wall sucking some nutritious gravel

-No more 100% ammo on respawn. Giving more purpose to support and resupply functions

-Revamped movement system with rolling thru windows, shooting and crawling while supine, lunging left and right. Able to shoot (inaccurately) with 1 handed firearms while vaulting small obstacles.

-Reduction in HUD spotting, and a big increase in "environment" spotting i.e. "did that bush just move?"

-No more random spread ala BF1, specific recoil patterns per weapon to learn and master

-Able to tow turrets, AA batteries, machine guns, resupply wagons, etc behind vehicles

-Environment can now be RE-constructed and reinforced, able to build field items such as foxholes, barbed wire, tank traps, etc. Destructed buildings can be re-inforced to a point

-New class "Archetype" systems mixing up your usual loadout options across the 4 classes

-Return to weapon customization, and not just cosmetic. Bayonets, foregrips, stock, bipods, vehicle mounts, silencers, flash hiders, etc can be equipped.

-Return to the much asked for Conquest system w/ticket bleed

I mean...
    ??????

• Dogwoggle11
    2678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    INachol wrote: »

b8bKcYy.jpg

With the moods around here people soon will be complaining: "that map looks too open!!" and "omg Sniperfield V!!!".
  • MissCommissar
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Speaking for myself I can say - I acutally liked a lot BF V reveal. All those... well, pretty serious changes, that EA and DICE going to make in new game and all others in the future - it was just wow!

I don't hate that game at all, I don't hate people, who make it. It's not about hate at all and there is absolutley no need to make it look like a hate.

What we have now all around is a criticism, caused by massive confusion and dissapointment. it's totaly fine.

And thorugh speaking that criticism people don't really want to make game look bad or something like that. All we want is to show, that there are some problems, that actually bother us with new game. And we want to see some solutions for those problems, so game would actually become better! For to solve any problem you, first of all, must assume, that there is one, so that's what we trying to do - show to the majortiy of players, that there is a problem, so, all together, we could ask devs to deal with them and so we would get a near to perfect WWII game in october.

Again, it's had nothing to deal with hate to the game. And there is no need to make it look like that.
  • Dogwoggle11
    2678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    But I and many others don't think there's a problem.

Why should the game be changed because other people think there is?
  • MissCommissar
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Cos there are actually a lot of people (really a lot), that are upset about BF V becuase of one same problem. You can see that in comentaries under reveal trailer, in dislike numbers, that are just incredible for the BF game. And funny thing is, that if there would be no such problem, part of the community, which doesn't see any problem wouldn't even care, but other part wouldn't have any real reason to be upset and dissapointed. So, without that problem things would be just better and noone would suffer like at all.

At very least because of that it is an actual problem.
  • Natetendo83
    1029 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

The YouTube trailer is slowly getting close to 50/50 dislike to like ratio. That's a red flag for most sensible companies.
  • Dogwoggle11

Cos there are actually a lot of people (really a lot), that are upset about BF V becuase of one same problem. You can see that in comentaries under reveal trailer, in dislike numbers, that are just incredible for the BF game. And funny thing is, that if there would be no such problem, part of the community, which doesn't see any problem wouldn't even care, but other part wouldn't have any real reason to be upset and dissapointed. So, without that problem things would be just better and noone would suffer like at all.

The YouTube trailer is slowly getting close to 50/50 dislike to like ratio. That's a red flag for most sensible companies.

The answer is the same for both of you.

Number of dislikes on a videogame's trailer ≠ Actual videogame's quality.
  • Natetendo83
    I looked up the few hundred thousand women from the British military. Almost all of them were assigned to clerical roles, medical roles, and the rest were search light operators. But yep let's throw them in the meatgrinder with everybody else.
  • BaggerBronson
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Imabaka70 wrote: »
    So many upset people over half will buy it still and are right now just crying for attention.

I’d like to see game play actual conquest gameplay.

And as far as people getting upset over a female character. It will just make me want to make all classes female knowing it will trigger someone because it gets them so upset over some pixels.

Edit: And I for some reason remember being lots of hatred for bf1 as well when it was announced.

ironically the reason women are implemented is because of 'progressives' getting offended by everything (your point is invalid)
  • MissCommissar

The answer is the same for both of you.

Number of dislikes on a videogame's trailer ≠ Actual videogame's quality.

Noone argues about actual game quality right now. We speak about one big issue, that actualy bothers a lot of people and make them... not really like what they see right now.

Number of dislikes proves the fact, that customisations issue in the game is really problematic and tryin to hide your head in the sand from it won't really cause anything good for us all in the end of the day.
  • 0ld_yell0w
    417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    IF they decided to make a modern wargame, the female character would have been ok - or at least it would be far more accurate to use it.
    I dont think most players here is against the female player at all, but honest Gov .... drop in a female char looking like Bender isnt really what I expected