The amount of hate right now...

Comments

• Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    But I and many others don't think there's a problem.

Why should the game be changed because other people think there is?

The YouTube trailer is slowly getting close to 50/50 dislike to like ratio. That's a red flag for most sensible companies.

Yeah, I remember how Infinite Warfare being literally in the top 5 most disliked videos on YouTube stopped the game from selling millions of copies and aided in the downfall of the CoD franchise. Oh, wait....
  • Dogwoggle11
    2678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Cos there are actually a lot of people (really a lot), that are upset about BF V becuase of one same problem. You can see that in comentaries under reveal trailer, in dislike numbers, that are just incredible for the BF game. And funny thing is, that if there would be no such problem, part of the community, which doesn't see any problem wouldn't even care, but other part wouldn't have any real reason to be upset and dissapointed. So, without that problem things would be just better and noone would suffer like at all.

At very least because of that it is an actual problem.

The YouTube trailer is slowly getting close to 50/50 dislike to like ratio. That's a red flag for most sensible companies.

The answer is the same for both of you.

Number of dislikes on a videogame's trailer ≠ Actual videogame's quality.

Noone argues about actual game quality right now. We speak about one big issue, that actualy bothers a lot of people and make them... not really like what they see right now.

Number of dislikes proves the fact, that customisations issue in the game is really problematic and tryin to hide your head in the sand from it won't really cause anything good for us all in the end of the day.

You literally said on the other thread that the game is turning into CoD. If that's not questioning the game's quality, what is?
  • Natetendo83
    1029 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »

Yeah, I remember how Infinite Warfare being literally in the top 5 most disliked videos on YouTube stopped the game from selling millions of copies and aided in the downfall of the CoD franchise. Oh, wait....

Infinite warfare sold less than World at War, so I'd say people distaste for the game had an impact. A single bomb of a game isn't going to ruin a multi-million dollar franchise.
  • Headpipelul
    9 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Iam freaking hyped for BF V i have the feeling this Game will be Awesome!
  • Dogwoggle11
    2678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Infinite warfare sold less than World at War, so I'd say people distaste for the game had an impact. A single bomb of a game isn't going to ruin a multi-million dollar franchise.

"Throw a dislike on a game's trailer".
    "Wait 5 months".
    "Buy the game".

That's what happened, and it will happen with BFV too.
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

lol it didn't do anything to kill the games playerbase off and definitely wasn't the worst selling game in the franchise.

Just another example of gross over exaggeration toward a video game reveal.
  • MissCommissar
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited May 2018
    Why should the game be changed because other people think there is?[/quote]

Cos there are actually a lot of people (really a lot), that are upset about BF V becuase of one same problem. You can see that in comentaries under reveal trailer, in dislike numbers, that are just incredible for the BF game. And funny thing is, that if there would be no such problem, part of the community, which doesn't see any problem wouldn't even care, but other part wouldn't have any real reason to be upset and dissapointed. So, without that problem things would be just better and noone would suffer like at all.

At very least because of that it is an actual problem. [/quote]

The answer is the same for both of you.

Number of dislikes on a videogame's trailer ≠ Actual videogame's quality.[/quote]

Noone argues about actual game quality right now. We speak about one big issue, that actualy bothers a lot of people and make them... not really like what they see right now.

Number of dislikes proves the fact, that customisations issue in the game is really problematic and tryin to hide your head in the sand from it won't really cause anything good for us all in the end of the day.[/quote]

You literally said on the other thread that the game is turning into CoD. If that's not questioning the game's quality, what is?
    [/quote]

Sure, but we can't discuss general quality of the game, cos it's not relased yet. But we can discuss some smaller problems and isuses, that (by someone thoughts) will cause a lot of negative effects to the general quality of the game when it will be relased. Quality itself ins't the question, things, that may ruin that quality are, however. So, let's keep it in that frame.
  • Natetendo83
    1029 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

lol it didn't do anything to kill the games playerbase off and definitely wasn't the worst selling game in the franchise.

All I said was that it didn't meet sales expectations.

Analysts said sales were down nearly 50% from the previous entry: https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/12/10/analysts-say-call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-retail-sales-are-down-nearly-50-from-black-ops-3/#4308e8b046da
  • Dogwoggle11
    edited May 2018
    @MissCommissar

Look, the thing is simple: you don't even know what kind of customization options we will have yet, and you are already freaking out.

Be patient, ffs.
  • MissCommissar
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    @MissCommissar

Look, the thing is simple: you don't even know what kind of customization options we will have yet, and you are already freaking out.

Be patient, ffs.

A lot of those options were shown in reveal trailer. Why can't I have a discussion about it, jeez... Isn't that what such trailers are made for?
  • Natetendo83
    @MissCommissar

Be patient, ffs.

So far I've seen a British chick with a fake arm and a bald British dude with no shirt and a beard. British women didn't fight and men weren't allowed beards like that in infantry. They would have strapped you down to the bench and shaved it right off before they put a uniform on you.
  • Loqtrall

You do realize the same thing happened when the female character from the bf1 trailer was shown off? People wouldn't shut up about it on this forum. There was similar outrage when the Russian forces had female Scouts in the ITNOTT dlc.

That's not to mention the whack reaction hundreds of people had to the default announcer being a female voice.

If you think change will come from this petty outrage in the form of gender options being removed or turned off, I'd said that's a hell of a pipedream.

All I said was that it didn't meet sales expectations.

Analysts said sales were down nearly 50% from the previous entry

And this has to do with the quality of the game and not the fact people hated that it was set in the future, how? After all, that was the overwhelming public complaint about the game, which even complaining didn't get changed. And the game was still a success and sold millions of copies.

YouTube likes are just a blind, anonymous, swift opinion via a bunch of random people on a 3rd party website, in the form of a single button click. It's also the reaction to a blatantly cinematic and over dramatized reveal trailer, and not the actual game.
  • DonSharkito
    799 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @MissCommissar

Be patient, ffs.

Yes we know. Gender, artificial limbs, helmets, jackets, face paint and many others. The full list is already widely available.

What was shown in the trailer is totally something that will be part of the customisation aspect of the game, otherwise it wouldn't have been such an important part of the trailer.
  • Loqtrall
    edited May 2018
    @MissCommissar

Be patient, ffs.

So far I've seen a British chick with a fake arm and a bald British dude with no shirt and a beard. British women didn't fight and men weren't allowed beards like that in infantry. They would have strapped you down to the bench and shaved it right off before they put a uniform on you.

That implies that soldiers simply didn't have beards at all during the war, which a simple search proves false. Your comment, again, bridges on the bounds of realism, as if BF games push for that.
    @MissCommissar

Be patient, ffs.

What was shown in the trailer is totally something that will be part of the customisation aspect of the game, otherwise it wouldn't have been such an important part of the trailer.

I'd say it wasn't such an important part of the trailer as much as people are just blatantly pointing it out to complain about it. The prosthetic arm was shown off a total of three times in the trailer, and one of those times was for like a span of 3 seconds.

People point out their least favorite parts and suddenly it becomes the focus of the entire thing, instead of taking in the trailer as a whole. It only gets worse when people act as if BF is a franchise that celebrates realism and historical accuracy.
  • MHbluey
    739 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    we need to see multiplayer footage before jumping to conclusions, not really been invested in Battlefield since BF4 (tried hard to like BF1 but just couldn't) so hopefully the Jackfrags detailed review will prove correct
  • vLordChronicv
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    game is an insult to anyone who had family go fight in this war.

Anyone defending it is a disgrace.
  • Loqtrall
    MHbluey wrote: »
    we need to see multiplayer footage before jumping to conclusions, not really been invested in Battlefield since BF4 (tried hard to like BF1 but just couldn't) so hopefully the Jackfrags detailed review will prove correct

Most people here jumped to conclusions before the trailer passed the 30 second mark on the livestream yesterday.
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3089 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The trailer was bad, I shouldn't have to go to YouTube to watch a break down vedio to see all the blink and you miss it features that where shown. Last night I was a bit confused by it, not angry but my hype was diminished a bit. After sleeping on it and having a day to think about it my hype is growing agian.

I'm not loving the blue face paint, but you know what I'm going to do about it, it's really going blow your mind when you read this. Rather than starting some stupid # movement, I'm just not going to use them, Radical idea!

With all the new features (to many to mention) I'm already think of all the new tactical and tricks I can uses in the game to get the advantage over the enemy.

Dropping premium, well I don't like that, I'm going to hold them click bait YouTube's who cried about premium to account. I guarantee you it won't be long before the "where's all the content gone" videos start appearing.

As for the Forum, well welcome @INachol to the newish official forum, me and the rest of the regular forumfilders can be a grumpy bunch at times, but you will also find that this grump bunch of sods can be some of friendliest and most helpfully people you can find on the internet some of them you already seen in your thread. Hope you can drop round more often and bring your positive outlook.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11592 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

You should never play a game based on an actual war.
  • vLordChronicv
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2018
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

You should never play a game based on an actual war.

stick to battlefield vag, its the only war youll ever live past 5 seconds in.