my take on it , say what you will.

TheFarCough
4 postsMember Member
edited May 2018
The issue is not that there is a woman in the game , it is that despite every historical account , a british , frontline fighting woman , who can somehow no-scope enemies after jumping out of collapsing buildings...with one prosthetic hook hand..is standing there quipping one liners and beating down germans with a razor wire cricket bat.

I dont care that she is a woman , I care that any sense of accuracy to any part of the entirety of world war 2 has just been set aside to pander to the little screamers calling for their own unique looking lone wolf soldiers in what was a war of millions upon millions of unremembered and unnamed soldiers.

The franchise so far has semi kept a semblance of accuracy towards the era their game represents, and some semblance of realism in regard to human beings and what they can do. but now there is a Mad Max looking one armed british commando woman who can fire high power rifles with one hand and a flimsy metal claw....accurately, after falling from a second storey window...

I have loved battlefield since i was a kid and played BF1942 for hours and HOURS on end...but this has crushed my hopes.
And yes this is just a reveal trailer that has nothing to do with MP or anything , but it still shows enough core parts of the game to show me whats to come.

I'm honestly just sad and gutted.

Comments

• LegioX
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The problem is society. Kids today want shiny new cosmetics and couldn't care less about the setting and what soldiers really wore during that war. I know this is BF. I know it's not realistic.

But damn!! What is this Braveheart meets fornite crap about?
  • cash_is_savage
    16 postsMember Member
    LegioX wrote: »
    The problem is society. Kids today want shiny new cosmetics and couldn't care less about the setting and what soldiers really wore during that war. I know this is BF. I know it's not realistic.

Agree, but this game shouldn't be marketed towards kids or anyone under the age of 20 for that matter. The overwhelming majority of us who grew up playing BF are millenials 25 and up. And the reason why this game is getting so much hate is because its our demographic who pays attention to the series and we are seeing the direction to which you are alluding to where the series is going. DICE literally doesn't know what their demographic wants.
  • TheFarCough
    4 postsMember Member
    LegioX wrote: »

Agree, but this game shouldn't be marketed towards kids or anyone under the age of 20 for that matter. The overwhelming majority of us who grew up playing BF are millenials 25 and up. And the reason why this game is getting so much hate is because its our demographic who pays attention to the series and we are seeing the direction to which you are alluding to where the series is going. DICE literally doesn't know what their demographic wants.

Its the sad truth that even the best and most faithful-to-the-fans franchises are all going to start derailing in favor of this supply and demand for children crap...suppose we need to get used to it.