This game looks worryingly awful..

«1
Copper2021
19 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I think DICE could make a great fortnite competitor, why does it have to be under the Battlefield name? Couldn't they just make a new kind of colorful cartoon fighting game under a different brand?

This game might sell like hotcakes who am I to judge. Definitely lost my money though.

Comments

  • vLordChronicv
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    they will kill their own fanbase.

    Its going to be epic.
  • Loqtrall
    11159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Lol I love the people that see the ability to build up sand bags and foxholes and directly compare it to a 3rd person BR game where you can build an entire stone tower with multiple floors around yourself in 3.2 seconds.

    The logic is real.
  • Solid_GQ
    1126 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nah.. Multiplayer reveal will still blow things up.

    And what youtubers said about all those features?Damn,i cant wait for a less casual battlefield like the good old days.
  • Copper2021
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Lol I love the people that see the ability to build up sand bags and foxholes and directly compare it to a 3rd person BR game where you can build an entire stone tower with multiple floors around yourself in 3.2 seconds.

    The logic is real.

    This post is ironic. You say the logic is real but you jump to conclusions that I did not make. It's not the building that I think makes the game comparable to fortnite but the aesthetic.

    I think you might be "special"

    The logic is real.
  • TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Copper2021 wrote: »
    I think DICE could make a great fortnite competitor, why does it have to be under the Battlefield name? Couldn't they just make a new kind of colorful cartoon fighting game under a different brand?

    This game might sell like hotcakes who am I to judge. Definitely lost my money though.

    Stretched pretty thin, providing maintanence to Battlefield 1, fully supporting Battlefront 2, and developing Battlefield 5.


    I also think, given the scope of Battlefield 5's development - from War Stories, to Combined Arms, to Multiplayer - I feel like DICE may have taken a backseat on the Battle Royale gimmick until they felt like they could introduce something that actually added creativity and uniqueness to the genre, rather than yet another cookie-cutter game.
  • Loqtrall
    11159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Copper2021 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Lol I love the people that see the ability to build up sand bags and foxholes and directly compare it to a 3rd person BR game where you can build an entire stone tower with multiple floors around yourself in 3.2 seconds.

    The logic is real.

    This post is ironic. You say the logic is real but you jump to conclusions that I did not make. It's not the building that I think makes the game comparable to fortnite but the aesthetic.

    I think you might be "special"

    The logic is real.

    I'd love to sit back and hear your direct comparison between any single screenshot you can pull from the BF5 trailer and a screenshot from a game of Fortnite.

    I'm willing to bet your first line would include "green grass".
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It may not be what were used to, but I wouldn't say it looks awful. After watching jack Frag's trailer break down video, I can honestly say that I'm excited for this new style Battlefield game.
  • ItsDoomsday
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Copper2021 wrote: »
    I think DICE could make a great fortnite competitor, why does it have to be under the Battlefield name? Couldn't they just make a new kind of colorful cartoon fighting game under a different brand?

    This game might sell like hotcakes who am I to judge. Definitely lost my money though.

    We've only seen a 90 second thematic trailer and you've already made up your mind on not buying the game........ right...............
  • Copper2021
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 24
    Copper2021 wrote: »
    I think DICE could make a great fortnite competitor, why does it have to be under the Battlefield name? Couldn't they just make a new kind of colorful cartoon fighting game under a different brand?

    This game might sell like hotcakes who am I to judge. Definitely lost my money though.

    We've only seen a 90 second thematic trailer and you've already made up your mind on not buying the game........ right...............

    Yessir. Not for me, not one bit. Does that tickle your buttons or something?

    That said, if the next trailer is like BF 1942 and all of this was a big lsd induced hoax I have every right to change my opinion.

    Nothing should be set in stone.
  • ItsDoomsday
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Threads that offer nothing but opinions or life choices should be closed automatically imo. This one being a prime example
  • Copper2021
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Copper2021 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Lol I love the people that see the ability to build up sand bags and foxholes and directly compare it to a 3rd person BR game where you can build an entire stone tower with multiple floors around yourself in 3.2 seconds.

    The logic is real.

    This post is ironic. You say the logic is real but you jump to conclusions that I did not make. It's not the building that I think makes the game comparable to fortnite but the aesthetic.

    I think you might be "special"

    The logic is real.

    I'd love to sit back and hear your direct comparison between any single screenshot you can pull from the BF5 trailer and a screenshot from a game of Fortnite.

    I'm willing to bet your first line would include "green grass".

    Why does it bug you so much that I dislike this game? Opinions exist you know.

    The way you vehemently oppose any criticism to the game is worrying. Would you prefer we all drank the koolaid and thought like you do?

    I'm happy that you're part of this games target audience, that's fantastic, stop rubbing it in.
  • Copper2021
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Threads that offer nothing but opinions or life choices should be closed automatically imo. This one being a prime example

    Quite confused. If we're not allowed to offer opinion what's left? Not much to talk about I'd say.

    I think people so easily offended by opinions different than their own should be redirected to the amazon webpage for 1984 or the autobiography of Kim Jong Il.
  • MHbluey
    739 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    the graphics were stunning, it was the co-op mode only I believe - let's see multi player before requiring meds for over reaction to a teaser
    Jack frags seemed to think this game has raised the skill ceiling, which is hopeful
  • ladderley
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The trailer was horrible, but I think the multiplayer gameplay will be spectacular especially with all the new gameplay features.
  • Loqtrall
    11159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Copper2021 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Copper2021 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Lol I love the people that see the ability to build up sand bags and foxholes and directly compare it to a 3rd person BR game where you can build an entire stone tower with multiple floors around yourself in 3.2 seconds.

    The logic is real.

    This post is ironic. You say the logic is real but you jump to conclusions that I did not make. It's not the building that I think makes the game comparable to fortnite but the aesthetic.

    I think you might be "special"

    The logic is real.

    I'd love to sit back and hear your direct comparison between any single screenshot you can pull from the BF5 trailer and a screenshot from a game of Fortnite.

    I'm willing to bet your first line would include "green grass".

    Why does it bug you so much that I dislike this game? Opinions exist you know.

    The way you vehemently oppose any criticism to the game is worrying. Would you prefer we all drank the koolaid and thought like you do?

    I'm happy that you're part of this games target audience, that's fantastic, stop rubbing it in.

    It doesn't bug me that you dislike the game. I could care less.

    I'm just pointing out how blind and nonsensical your comparison to fortnite is.

    Did I even imply you don't deserve to state your opinion? I think the issue here is treating people simply disagreeing with you as if they're attempting to suppress your opinions.

    I don't oppose every criticism of the game - only those that are grossly and blatantly biased and lacking any fathomable level of logic.
  • JediMastaWyn
    218 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Copper2021 wrote: »
    I think DICE could make a great fortnite competitor, why does it have to be under the Battlefield name? Couldn't they just make a new kind of colorful cartoon fighting game under a different brand?

    This game might sell like hotcakes who am I to judge. Definitely lost my money though.

    Comparing this game to Fortnite is just a really lazy critique.
  • Copper2021
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Copper2021 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Copper2021 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Lol I love the people that see the ability to build up sand bags and foxholes and directly compare it to a 3rd person BR game where you can build an entire stone tower with multiple floors around yourself in 3.2 seconds.

    The logic is real.

    This post is ironic. You say the logic is real but you jump to conclusions that I did not make. It's not the building that I think makes the game comparable to fortnite but the aesthetic.

    I think you might be "special"

    The logic is real.

    I'd love to sit back and hear your direct comparison between any single screenshot you can pull from the BF5 trailer and a screenshot from a game of Fortnite.

    I'm willing to bet your first line would include "green grass".

    Why does it bug you so much that I dislike this game? Opinions exist you know.

    The way you vehemently oppose any criticism to the game is worrying. Would you prefer we all drank the koolaid and thought like you do?

    I'm happy that you're part of this games target audience, that's fantastic, stop rubbing it in.

    It doesn't bug me that you dislike the game. I could care less.

    I'm just pointing out how blind and nonsensical your comparison to fortnite is.

    Did I even imply you don't deserve to state your opinion? I think the issue here is treating people simply disagreeing with you as if they're attempting to suppress your opinions.

    I don't oppose every criticism of the game - only those that are grossly and blatantly biased and lacking any fathomable level of logic.

    Look we can argue all day. You have your opinion and I mine.

    Yes, I generalize the use of the term fortnite, I do not meant to infer that the game is similar to Fortnite in every way shape and form. It's a colorful game with character customization and a unique art aesthetic which is why I compared it to a game that is a hot topic at the moment and vaguely similar.

    I prefer historical authenticity, it's clear the developers of this game, though never 100% historically authentic, have taken a different tack and that's their prerogative. I used to be the customer base they targeted and am now just some old fogie complaining about dub step.

    None of this matters. I'll get over it, and you will probably enjoy the game.

    But I would like to at least express my displeasure that a brand that was once targeted to people like myself has shifted course.

    Again, I'll get over it no biggie.




  • Copper2021
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Copper2021 wrote: »
    I think DICE could make a great fortnite competitor, why does it have to be under the Battlefield name? Couldn't they just make a new kind of colorful cartoon fighting game under a different brand?

    This game might sell like hotcakes who am I to judge. Definitely lost my money though.

    Comparing this game to Fortnite is just a really lazy critique.

    Not sure I understand.

    The fortnitization of games seems to be a creeping possibility and is rightly or wrongly attributable to the direction this game has taken. Don't see it being lazy at all.
  • Copper2021
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Copper2021 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Copper2021 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Lol I love the people that see the ability to build up sand bags and foxholes and directly compare it to a 3rd person BR game where you can build an entire stone tower with multiple floors around yourself in 3.2 seconds.

    The logic is real.

    This post is ironic. You say the logic is real but you jump to conclusions that I did not make. It's not the building that I think makes the game comparable to fortnite but the aesthetic.

    I think you might be "special"

    The logic is real.

    I'd love to sit back and hear your direct comparison between any single screenshot you can pull from the BF5 trailer and a screenshot from a game of Fortnite.

    I'm willing to bet your first line would include "green grass".

    Why does it bug you so much that I dislike this game? Opinions exist you know.

    The way you vehemently oppose any criticism to the game is worrying. Would you prefer we all drank the koolaid and thought like you do?

    I'm happy that you're part of this games target audience, that's fantastic, stop rubbing it in.

    It doesn't bug me that you dislike the game. I could care less.

    I'm just pointing out how blind and nonsensical your comparison to fortnite is.

    Did I even imply you don't deserve to state your opinion? I think the issue here is treating people simply disagreeing with you as if they're attempting to suppress your opinions.

    I don't oppose every criticism of the game - only those that are grossly and blatantly biased and lacking any fathomable level of logic.

    Look, I compared a game with a bright color scheme, emphasis on customization and what appeared to be frenetic fast paced action to another game with a bright color scheme, emphasis on customization and frenetic fast paced action.

    I might turn out to be wrong but the comparison at this point, while not 100% perfect, stands.

    You get your game and that's fine. I was once the target audience of these games and have every right to express my displeasure. I'll move on and get over it. No biggie.
  • Loqtrall
    11159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Copper2021 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Copper2021 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Copper2021 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Lol I love the people that see the ability to build up sand bags and foxholes and directly compare it to a 3rd person BR game where you can build an entire stone tower with multiple floors around yourself in 3.2 seconds.

    The logic is real.

    This post is ironic. You say the logic is real but you jump to conclusions that I did not make. It's not the building that I think makes the game comparable to fortnite but the aesthetic.

    I think you might be "special"

    The logic is real.

    I'd love to sit back and hear your direct comparison between any single screenshot you can pull from the BF5 trailer and a screenshot from a game of Fortnite.

    I'm willing to bet your first line would include "green grass".

    Why does it bug you so much that I dislike this game? Opinions exist you know.

    The way you vehemently oppose any criticism to the game is worrying. Would you prefer we all drank the koolaid and thought like you do?

    I'm happy that you're part of this games target audience, that's fantastic, stop rubbing it in.

    It doesn't bug me that you dislike the game. I could care less.

    I'm just pointing out how blind and nonsensical your comparison to fortnite is.

    Did I even imply you don't deserve to state your opinion? I think the issue here is treating people simply disagreeing with you as if they're attempting to suppress your opinions.

    I don't oppose every criticism of the game - only those that are grossly and blatantly biased and lacking any fathomable level of logic.

    Look, I compared a game with a bright color scheme, emphasis on customization and what appeared to be frenetic fast paced action to another game with a bright color scheme, emphasis on customization and frenetic fast paced action.

    I might turn out to be wrong but the comparison at this point, while not 100% perfect, stands.

    You get your game and that's fine. I was once the target audience of these games and have every right to express my displeasure. I'll move on and get over it. No biggie.

    Lol it doesn't stand whatsoever.

    The color palate of the two games aren't even comparable, whereas one is bright all around in almost every aspect, and you're just overreacting to the lush green used for the grass in the reveal trailer, as that was the only blatantly vibrant color in the entire trailer.

    I also wouldn't even say fortnites pace is frenetic or fast paced.

    I don't see the connection between either game, whether in terms of gameplay or anesthetics. They're not even remotely comparable imo.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!