Server Browser

DAARDEVIL
4 postsMember Member
The BF4 server Browser was the best feature of the game. We could instantly find any server that catered to our liking. Military could rent servers and have amazing community and fun with the old server Browser system. Finding hardcore servers (which many others and I prefer) was a breeze. Since BF1 seemingly got rid of the server browsing system, many of my friends and family have stopped playing. It disables an easy way to play and communicate together, making the game less enjoyable. The biggest thing I hope to see with BF5 is the return of the server browsing feature we saw in BF4. This will create another amazing game for me and many people I know.

I hope DICE will take into account the wants of the community.

Comments

• TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Server Browser is in BF1 and works better than Quickmatch.

Of course it'll be BFV.
  • DAARDEVIL
    4 postsMember Member
    TickTak77 wrote: »

Of course it'll be BFV.

I'm talking about making the server browsing like BF4. I know it's in BF1, but it's limited compared to BF4.
  • TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    DAARDEVIL wrote: »

Of course it'll be BFV.

I'm talking about making the server browsing like BF4. I know it's in BF1, but it's limited compared to BF4.

Gotchya.

So in BF1, you can filter based on :

Game mode
    Map
    Server Region
    Classes/Vehicles
    Weapons
    Advanced - including filtering out things like weather elements, or 3D spotting
    Free Player Slots

Was there more you could do in BF4's server browser?
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Battlelog is not coming back if that's what you're trying to imply.
  • DAARDEVIL
    4 postsMember Member
    DAARDEVIL wrote: »

Of course it'll be BFV.

Gotchya.

So in BF1, you can filter based on :

Game mode
    Map
    Server Region
    Classes/Vehicles
    Weapons
    Advanced - including filtering out things like weather elements, or 3D spotting
    Free Player Slots

Was there more you could do in BF4's server browser?

You could also search for specifically hardcore servers. Admins could allow specific players in, as well as kick or ban, and move players to teams, and set server passwords. The system before the major update before BF1 came out was much easier to use. This is why Military servers have not continued to BF1. They still stick to BF4, because it's much easier to manage a server. They can more easily maintain a server that is filled with players who use mics and communicate.