Spotting System

InquisitorGlokta
1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited May 2018
The spotting system is the main reason why i started playing Hardcore (and it was the best decision i've ever made in all BF games). Spamming Q all the time, no chance to hide somewhere on the ground, to take advantage of your uniform... that was stupid.

I'm very happa about EA is going to handle that. I don't know how they will do that, but i have a very well idea:
What if i could press Q to mark an enemy, and a red marker appears on him, like all the time before. BUT instead of making the marker following the position of the enemy, the markers stays on exactly the same position where i marked the enemy, maybe for some seconds. This action could be limited to one marker a time, so people will not be able to put 10 markers a time.

If somebody is wondering where he has seen that before, i've got the answer in "Heroes & Generals". That was the absolutely best spotting system i've ever seen. I love ArmA, but a little bit more user friendly spotting system is not bad in my opinion.

Please EA, think about it, just play some ours H&G and see how it works.

Thanks in advance
Just an old veteran

Comments

• herodes87
    1290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    Yeah evil spotting!!!

Something that is in the Game since the start of the Franchise. Why even Play Battlefield then?

Red Orchestra or Insurgency don't have spotting.

Almost no one used it anyway anymore.
  • TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Spotting is hardly an issue. No one does it now.

Reveal trailer made it seem like spotting is toned down now. Lars also said in his interview with JackFrags that its all about you watching the environment and the world now, not the HUD, which sounds intriguing
  • InquisitorGlokta
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No spotting at all is not what i mean. A lonley wulf should be able to tell his team that there are enemies somewhere, without placing marker on a map (like ArmA) or using (voice) chat.

Thats why i love the spotting system of Heroes and Generals, it's easy to use but not too accurate that the marker is following the enemy position. And it is preventing the player from spamming Q. It's just the middle between casual and hardcore and just makes sense.