BFV dedicated servers

Metal_Jockets
243 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited May 2018
After seeing JF's interview with Dan Berlin it was the unanswered questions that raised a few concerns..
especially when DB was asked "Will there be dedicated servers?".. The answer was.."I can't comment on anything like that right now"..

why not?

To be tight lipped on an obvious part of BF gaming kind of make you think they are actually looking at an alternative.

The game can have all of the cotton candy whizz bang new innervate mechanics , but without dedicated servers and the ability to control rented servers it will be a deal breaker for me...not to mention what plans they have for Anti-cheat..

So..I'm not going to make a decision on BFV till they are able to answer these very basic questions.

Post edited by Metal_Jockets on

Comments

• Noodlesocks
    2358 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Chances are they're going to monopolise server rentals under their own Rental Server Program like they did with BF1. They know this isn't a popular thing with the community so they won't go into anything regarding servers.
  • Metal_Jockets
    243 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Same crap happened with BF1. EA told DICE not to say anything because they planned to not have community servers. But there was enough bad PR to force them into a halfa$$ RSP program which missed launch and took over a year to get even the most basic features wrong.

Chances are they're going to monopolise server rentals under their own Rental Server Program like they did with BF1. They know this isn't a popular thing with the community so they won't go into anything regarding servers.

All the more reason for not to pre-order till you know exactly what your paying for...it's easy to get caught up in the hype and let the smoke and mirrors influence your decision .
    It'll be futile to start complaining about what we wanted in the game after we buy it, even thought if the masses complain it will take months for anything to be done... then we can only blame ourselves.

After seeing JF's interview with Dan Berlin it was the unanswered questions that raised a few concerns..
    especially when DB was asked "Will there be dedicated servers?".. The answer was.."I can't comment on anything like that right now"..

why not?

To be tight lipped on an obvious part of BF gaming kind of make you think they are actually looking at an alternative.

The game can have all of the cotton candy whizz bang new innervate mechanics , but without dedicated servers and the ability to control rented servers it will be a deal breaker for me...not to mention what plans they have for Anti-cheat..

So..I'm not going to make a decision on BFV till they are able to answer these very basic questions.
    The supplemental revenue model for this game is clearly going to be micro-transactions. Starts primarily or solely as cosmetics. Over time, slip in gameplay items.

According to Angry Joe's interview with Lars Gustavsson, Lars says that all progress within the game will be achieved only by experience..you can't buy weapons gadgets etc to get an edge over others.. but there may be payed cosmetic opportunity s of which it will not affect your gameplay...

• MsieurLeodagan
    338 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yea I wait to know if community servers before to pre-order. If no community servers, I shall not buy the game. I shall continue to play only Squad and I wait Post Scriptum
    The community servers are excellent but in bf1 EA servers are rotten, the settings are too low.
  • CrashCA
    922 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NO, not COD !

Add our community of 40 to list waiting to see
  • MsieurLeodagan
    338 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    On pc sniper is overplayed... Wa have need tolimit snipers
  • Noodlesocks
    2358 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I quite like BF4 and Battlelog, everyone was against this in the beginning but soon got used to it and loved it, then they got rid of it and used the server browser for BF1 which is less intuitive than Battlelog and less featured.

I hated Battlelog. Using a web browser to launch a game felt korean F2P cheap and it was a nightmare to play with more than one computer on the same IP. BF1 server browser wasn't great either. In fact it was atrociously poor compared to every other game since the 90s with filters that work some of the time and only capable of displaying 100 servers at a time but I'd much prefer an ok server browser over Battlelog.
  • Noodlesocks
    On pc sniper is overplayed... Wa have need tolimit snipers

It will never happen but I do wish they would remove snipers from the class selection and find a better way to implement them.
  • Vespervin
    1205 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I quite like BF4 and Battlelog, everyone was against this in the beginning but soon got used to it and loved it, then they got rid of it and used the server browser for BF1 which is less intuitive than Battlelog and less featured.

I agree. I've been a fan since it was first released. Super convenient to browse and join servers and looking at our soldier pages with the avatar and stats was pretty cool. I wish they never got rid of it.
  • Reverend-1313
    178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    The functionality of Battlelog should never have been separated from the core game itself. That is/was an asinine design decision at it's most basic level.

Battlelog itself was cool being able to track stats and whatnot. It should just never have been a separate browser. Console users loved it because it was a bonus for them. But for PC users it was a major step backwards in functionality.

I'd love to think we might one day get a decent solution, but not as long as EA is pulling the strings. Same reason I suspect BFV is going the SWBF2 automatch direction. I bet we get totally hosed and get nothing for servers at all.
  • Jaskaman
    635 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield has been always a community / clan game (PC) - at least it used to be and rented servers are the thing that is keeping BF4 alive.
    We need rented servers and they should go further than BF1 did with admin tools etc.
    Server browser is needed for the game.
    Next BF is going to it's roots, I hope that means we could have a good rented servers.
    I'm holding my order until I get info to this... BF V looked good but rented servers is way to go.
  • LumoColor
    520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I can't wait to see the "Concept Images" featuring:-
    • High Quality In-Region Servers for All Players.
    • Dynamically Allocated Server Resources for Ultra Smooth Gaming.
    • RSP Program so you can choose from our many industry respected server providing partners.
    • Live Admin for proactive abuse/cheat response.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

why not?

Probably because they are going to try to use cloud services. They would be a huge leap from dedicated servers.
  • Reverend-1313
    178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

why not?

Probably because they are going to try to use cloud services. They would be a huge leap from dedicated servers.

Please explain what you think cloud services are and what you think the current iteration of dedicated server is for RSP....just curious.