BFV dedicated servers

Comments

• llPhantom_Limbll
    5728 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Jaskaman wrote: »
    CrashCA wrote: »
    So, EA fails to provide servers after a fixed period of time and all that is left are community paid for servers. Without these"crappy community" servers, you would have no where to play. You want to dictate to those providing them how they are set up, I suggest pay for your own.

So it's ok for server owner to enforce the rules on others because he owns the server? Right?
    But why is it completely not ok for EA to enforce the rules on server owners regarding what they can and can't do because EA owns the system?
    Seems like a gigantic hyporcisy to me.

So...
    -EA removes official servers...
    -Only custom servers remain
    -you don't like the rules or people on the servers left

So your decision is that nobody should be able to play. This is literally "i'm taking my ball and going home" What a selfish little ****.

I bet the amount of tears you'll produce in October will be enough to fill the ocean when EA announce nothing new regarding RSP.

I do not understand people like you. Pls do not come to dictate here that we can't have RSP/admin controllable servers with clean chat & friendly environment, same people gathering together and obvious hackers will be removes because YOU do not like them.

Do you know you have an option to play in Official servers, you do NOT have to join Community servers, you do understand this right?

I dont know why having OPTION for the people who wants to play only in Community servers (like me) instead of official servers is bothering you so much that you have to stay on this thread commenting against community servers?

So I ask again: You do understand that NO one is FORCING you to play in Community/ clan servers right? You can play with other people thinking same as you in Official servers even we including me wants to play ONLY in Community servers.

BF has always been a community&clan game. They nearly killed BF communities and clans with BF1, so hopefully this situation will go better. Thank you.

My statement still stays. You WILL do whatever EA allows you to or simply not buy bfv. And trust me your money will not make any difference to them because there is no doubt the amount of sales will be very big.
    But keep fighting the good fight you know. In the end it will be me pointing at your tears of denial.
  • Jaskaman
    668 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So, EA fails to provide servers after a fixed period of time and all that is left are community paid for servers. Without these"crappy community" servers, you would have no where to play. You want to dictate to those providing them how they are set up, I suggest pay for your own.

So it's ok for server owner to enforce the rules on others because he owns the server? Right?
    But why is it completely not ok for EA to enforce the rules on server owners regarding what they can and can't do because EA owns the system?

So...

So your decision is that nobody should be able to play. This is literally "i'm taking my ball and going home" What a selfish little ****.

I bet the amount of tears you'll produce in October will be enough to fill the ocean when EA announce nothing new regarding RSP.

I do not understand people like you. Pls do not come to dictate here that we can't have RSP/admin controllable servers with clean chat & friendly environment, same people gathering together and obvious hackers will be removes because YOU do not like them.

Do you know you have an option to play in Official servers, you do NOT have to join Community servers, you do understand this right?

I dont know why having OPTION for the people who wants to play only in Community servers (like me) instead of official servers is bothering you so much that you have to stay on this thread commenting against community servers?

So I ask again: You do understand that NO one is FORCING you to play in Community/ clan servers right? You can play with other people thinking same as you in Official servers even we including me wants to play ONLY in Community servers.

BF has always been a community&clan game. They nearly killed BF communities and clans with BF1, so hopefully this situation will go better. Thank you.

My statement still stays. You WILL do whatever EA allows you to or simply not buy bfv. And trust me your money will not make any difference to them because there is no doubt the amount of sales will be very big.
    But keep fighting the good fight you know. In the end it will be me pointing at your tears of denial.

Yes I will keep on fighting for the good fight. As a veteran BF gamer, I have some ideas what is good for the communities/clans and the game itself. Thank you for your comment.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5728 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018

So...

Yes I will keep on fighting for the good fight. As a veteran BF gamer, I have some ideas what is good for the communities/clans and the game itself. Thank you for your comment.

You seem like a good guy. A bit frustrated but that's ok.
    I think I played on UP servers a bit back in the day but some dumb rules turned me off once again.
    You people don't understand that gameplay > forced rules and that's how it should always be. But that's also ok because EA is now in charge of everything.
  • Jaskaman
    668 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

So...

I think I played on UP servers a bit back in the day but some dumb rules turned me off once again.
    You people don't understand that gameplay > forced rules and that's how it should always be. But that's also ok because EA is now in charge of everything.

I do not think you have played in our server then if you think we have some dumb rules. We have few rules only and they are simple and easy to follow ie. english chat only, no racism, no hatetalk etc. And we kick high pingers (over 155). Again, as I said, choice is yours where you play, you do not have to join to community servers and when game has community servers, it's not taken from you and it should not bother you at all. So why you keep on fighting against us? I do not get this agenda against more choices to people who only want to play with admins who take care of obvious hackers and clear really toxic people out + high pingers? Why it makes you happy that people who are ready to PAY for the server to provide better experience to other people (except you maybe) are not getting enough tools to maintain server? You can still play in official servers even we have community servers right? Or am I mistaken that you want to join to community servers but you do not agree if they have some rules (like no toxic language or racism)?
  • Jaskaman
    @llPhantom_Limbll wrote
    You people don't understand that gameplay > forced rules and that's how it should always be
    I don't rent severs but imo BF becomes poorer if there is a lack of clan / rental servers. Rental servers are where you keep coming back to meet friends and the same players.
    Where you know people's names and they know yours.
    Official servers are garbage and everything is more or less anonymous and for solo players. You rarely meet the same players again.
    So if clans stop buying rental servers due to rules it will be boring for all of us who have enjoyed it for the past 10 years.
    Just saying

Good point. It will be like that and also without community servers with admin control game will die faster.
  • llPhantom_Limbll

So...

I do not think you have played in our server then if you think we have some dumb rules. We have few rules only and they are simple and easy to follow ie. english chat only, no racism, no hatetalk etc. And we kick high pingers (over 155). Again, as I said, choice is yours where you play, you do not have to join to community servers and when game has community servers, it's not taken from you and it should not bother you at all. So why you keep on fighting against us? I do not get this agenda against more choices to people who only want to play with admins who take care of obvious hackers and clear really toxic people out + high pingers? Why it makes you happy that people who are ready to PAY for the server to provide better experience to other people (except you maybe) are not getting enough tools to maintain server? You can still play in official servers even we have community servers right? Or am I mistaken that you want to join to community servers but you do not agree if they have some rules (like no toxic language or racism)?

Of course you are mistaken. It'd advise reading all my comments before becoming very upset and producing walls of text.
    Custom servers should have some functionality like be able to have any map rotation you want, have an option to kick/ban annoying people and customize the amount of tickets/max amount of players on server. But that's about it.
    When I say "annoying and dumb rules" it always means server has X amount of weapons prohibited, Y amount of gadgets and vehicles banned, VIP kick enabled, class/vehicle limitations and so on. Those things should NEVER be a thing in the first place. And I'm pretty sure some UP servers in bf4 had at least one of the "rules" mentioned above. And I'm also sure the current RSP provides everything I stated above so what's the ruckus?
  • Amphybiouse
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    But that's also ok because EA is now in charge of everything.

how much are they paying you to post this nonsense?
  • Jaskaman

So...

Of course you are mistaken. It'd advise reading all my comments before becoming very upset and producing walls of text.
    Custom servers should have some functionality like be able to have any map rotation you want, have an option to kick/ban annoying people and customize the amount of tickets/max amount of players on server. But that's about it.
    When I say "annoying and dumb rules" it always means server has X amount of weapons prohibited, Y amount of gadgets and vehicles banned, VIP kick enabled, class/vehicle limitations and so on. Those things should NEVER be a thing in the first place. And I'm pretty sure some UP servers in bf4 had at least one of the "rules" mentioned above. And I'm also sure the current RSP provides everything I stated above so what's the ruckus?

I did check some of them but Im at office now, and I do not have time to check every comment during my office hours. Sorry for that. Some people are working now...
    VIP kick is on it's automatic and it's natural that people who pay for the server have some priviledges. Otherwise why even rent the servers?
    But you do not answer to my question: Why you have to worry about Community servers with some ruleset if you can always play on official instead? This thread is about having Rentable servers (and hopefully with proper admin tools (better than in BF1))....
    Players in our server has been constantly asked from us that can we limit snipers because they are bothering a lot. And our answer is no we can't. It's the most requested feature among our players. With BF3 and BF4 we had sniper limiters max. 5 snipers per team with CQ 48 after it was requested by our players and our own members and I really want that feature back without server showing Custom in server browser.
  • Jaskaman
    edited July 2018
    But that's also ok because EA is now in charge of everything.

how much are they paying you to post this nonsense?

I was going to ask this too but I removed that sentence :) ^^
  • SirBobdk
    4204 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    @llPhantom_Limbll wrote
    When I say "annoying and dumb rules" it always means server has X amount of weapons prohibited, Y amount of gadgets and vehicles banned, VIP kick enabled, class/vehicle limitations and so on. Those things should NEVER be a thing in the first place
    why is that a bad thing. It gives a diversity in the game so you do not always have to play as DICE like. Some of the funniest in the past was to find a server that was not like the others. In addition, Dice usually brings so many stupid things into the game as it would be nice to do without. I could understand if community servers were 90%, but they probably do not represent more than 5%.
  • llPhantom_Limbll

So...

I did check some of them but Im at office now, and I do not have time to check every comment during my office hours. Sorry for that. Some people are working now...
    VIP kick is on it's automatic and it's natural that people who pay for the server have some priviledges. Otherwise why even rent the servers?
    But you do not answer to my question: Why you have to worry about Community servers with some ruleset if you can always play on official instead? This thread is about having Rentable servers (and hopefully with proper admin tools (better than in BF1))....
    Players in our server has been constantly asked from us that can we limit snipers because they are bothering a lot. And our answer is no we can't. It's the most requested feature among our players. With BF3 and BF4 we had sniper limiters max. 5 snipers per team with CQ 48 after it was requested by our players and our own members and I really want that feature back without server showing Custom in server browser.

So it's ok to enforce dumb stuff because you've paid for server but it's absolutely not when you're the provider? That's some nice fallacy right here.
    VIP kick is ridiculous and will always stay that way because being kicked just because IS dumb and has no excuse.
    Limiting other players' way of playing by brining any sort of limitations is also dumb because it's against game design but who cares lmao. Am I right?
    Now I remember why I don't want to play on your particular servers. Nice that you reminded me. Now you only have to start banning very weapon which makes kids upset to make a proper "community server" out of it.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    @llPhantom_Limbll wrote
    When I say "annoying and dumb rules" it always means server has X amount of weapons prohibited, Y amount of gadgets and vehicles banned, VIP kick enabled, class/vehicle limitations and so on. Those things should NEVER be a thing in the first place
    why is that a bad thing. It gives a diversity in the game so you do not always have to play as DICE like. Some of the funniest in the past was to find a server that was not like the others. In addition, Dice usually brings so many stupid things into the game as it would be nice to do without. I could understand if community servers were 90%, but they probably do not represent more than 5%.

Because when someone joins any server he is expecting to get default bf experience but instead some upset boys banned X type of weapons and Y type of vehicles as those make them feel uncomfortable in some places.
  • SirBobdk
    4204 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @llPhantom_Limbll wrote
    Because when someone joins any server he is expecting to get default bf experience but instead some upset boys banned X type of weapons and Y type of vehicles as those make them feel uncomfortable in some places.
    But that's the whole meaning of community severs. Otherwise, there's no point in having them.
    The most succesfull server in BF4 was locker with no explosive and in BF2 it was was Strike at Karkand infantry only.
    And sniper limit would be a briliant idea in BF1. And I can name a lot of maps where the monkey chopper and MAA shouldn't have been in BF4
    It's not about "upset boys". I don't know where you get that from. Most are adults who are in charge of a community.
    It's about creating a server that people like to play on which are not like any other official servers with all the BS.
  • LumoColor
    521 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It's very simple, if you don't like RSP servers, don't play on them, play the official vanilla servers.

A lot of people do like them and given that BFV is all about diversity, players should have the right to be diverse and play on servers with other players who want to play with rules they like, active admins, weapon controls, VIP and ping caps. If they are bad servers with bad rules they will be empty and don't get renewed, but like in BF4 they are the most popular servers that form communities, these are the communities that need RSP server program with features to support it.

Please don't discriminate against people for wanting something different from you when your preference has already been catered for.
  • 0ld_yell0w
    407 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @llPhantom_Limbll wrote

Well I guess you can't read the NFO when you press to view the server - it most likely tells you what goes and whatnot. If you dont know whats cooking, don't eat there.
    One thing youre right about is, if DICE decides to leave the community with little to no options server-wise thats their legal right/choice. Ours is, to not buy their product. Now, working in a big Corp myself I know what happens to those people not able to sell the product or even produce garbage, they end up getting fired and a whole new strategy will be worked out to haul in those customers with the money, yup I mean us as players/communities. We can perfectly live without a battlefield game (there is several others on the market and on its way), DICE can't live without us paying for their games - that is very simple. They have to stay on top for us, we don't need to do much else than buy their product and be happy.
    Now, I know for sure I will buy BF5, but that said a lot of my clanmembers is waiting and with no custom servers we will end up going another way or just stay BF3 and BF4, we never went BF1 for the same reason as this post.

As others here posted, go play on official servers and stop the trolling, I would guess with that attitude you are already used to being either kicked or banned from servers pretty quickly.
    You remind me of that guy using the N-word all the time while stating "this is a no rules server" ..... he got banned for profanity by the filter on that server ... go figure.
  • Jaskaman

So...

So it's ok to enforce dumb stuff because you've paid for server but it's absolutely not when you're the provider? That's some nice fallacy right here.
    VIP kick is ridiculous and will always stay that way because being kicked just because IS dumb and has no excuse.
    Limiting other players' way of playing by brining any sort of limitations is also dumb because it's against game design but who cares lmao. Am I right?
    Now I remember why I don't want to play on your particular servers. Nice that you reminded me. Now you only have to start banning very weapon which makes kids upset to make a proper "community server" out of it.

I think it's pointless to continue talking with you. You did not answer my question so stop trolling here. Dont play in community servers if you do not like them but do not limit choices from the people who wants them. And about kids, Im 49 years and everyone in my clan is at least 20 years. I do not know your age but you sound quite young.
    Ok that's said, pls continue in other threads than here. Cheers.
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @llPhantom_Limbll wrote

If u want default experience join the official servers what's the problem now.
  • MsieurLeodagan
    369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Community servers as on bf4, bf3, bbc2 are useful to avoid this problem :

1532945085-battlefield-1-screenshot-2018-07-30-12-01-30-17.png

Game infested and ruined by snipers. So with community servers with Procon & plugins : limit snipers