BFV dedicated servers

Comments

• RealAshWilliams
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    The developers did nothing to correct this problem, and in conquest conquest mode it's a carnage as map Somme : team defenders : full snipers. I think we can congratulate DICE on their first sniper game with BF1.
    For battlefield V with friends : no pre order. We wait if dedicated servers of community, but of course : no reply of developers or EA.
    But yea yea they listen to the community.....yea yea of course
  • ShevermiN
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    I'd definitely enjoy the game more if there were private servers similar to pre-BF1. I like joining familiar servers with familiar players that you can get to know and joke around with now and then. It's something I've always enjoyed about PC multiplayer gaming that BF1 was sorely lacking.

Dude since the launch of the RSP for BF1 that how I've enjoyed the last year and a half of gaming on BF1. I play on about 4 regular servers all run by clans that have TS or discord channels. Servers have been administrated, there is a custom HC server as well and there is a bunch of regulars that you can have a descent game with and a laugh. Now I run a custom HC mixedmode server and really it's quite functional.

There is on average 10 servers a night here in Australia and all are RSP.

I just want a continuation of the current setup with improvements and I'm noway interested in going back to procon days.

Without the RSP for BF1 here in Australia I would expect that maybe half a dozen conquest servers might be left and no other gamemodes. Compared to a frontlines server available plus a rush and recently a dom server plus the 2 HC servers one conquest and a mixedmode server. I have been able to play what I like and when I like since launch, that is not a failure.
    And if DICE put custom servers back in the default search option in the browser you would see nearly all the servers move to a custom config and an increase in server numbers overall as was proven over the christmas period when the browser was bugged.

• RealAshWilliams
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    On BF V, if no dedicated servers of community , the game will still be ruined by the snipers. And Operation again battle snipers.
  • Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    On BF V, if no dedicated servers of community , the game will still be ruined by the snipers. And Operation again battle snipers.

I'm so over the sniper class. There's so many players that think they're Chris Kyle, and it absolutely destroys objective based modes. I much prefer the "recon" style of play that BF4 made available. Of course you can't just pull the "stand as far away as possible and plunk enemy team players because I don't want to be in close quarters combat" style of play, but Dice surely could make it so weak that it forces players to learn how to CQ.

Sorry for the off topic, but snipers.. ugh. It's like trucks in BF1 in operations. Stat pad KD - ruin the match.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    Micas99 wrote: »

I'm so over the sniper class. There's so many players that think they're Chris Kyle, and it absolutely destroys objective based modes. I much prefer the "recon" style of play that BF4 made available. Of course you can't just pull the "stand as far away as possible and plunk enemy team players because I don't want to be in close quarters combat" style of play, but Dice surely could make it so weak that it forces players to learn how to CQ.

Sorry for the off topic, but snipers.. ugh. It's like trucks in BF1 in operations. Stat pad KD - ruin the match.

It'll only be worse in BFV with their lower damage rifles, slower scope times, slower pistol swap time, and no close ranged OHK (BF4 had a 0 - 12 meter OHK range). Scout players who are using bolt action rifles will be more encouraged to camp on a hill more than before. Especially hills near supply boxes.

And with assault rifles and medic rifles having as ridiculously long of a range as they did in the beta, average and below average scouts who aren't capable of consistently landing headshots will be camping even further away from anyone.
  • Metal_Jockets
    247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I'm so over the sniper class. There's so many players that think they're Chris Kyle, and it absolutely destroys objective based modes.

The skill needs to come back to that particular class..if DICE disagrees and decide to have a point where you aim one shot kill sniper weapon in BFV, hopefully with our dedicated servers we will have the option to limit the numbers.

• Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018

I'm so over the sniper class. There's so many players that think they're Chris Kyle, and it absolutely destroys objective based modes.

The skill needs to come back to that particular class..if DICE disagrees and decide to have a point where you aim one shot kill sniper weapon in BFV, hopefully with our dedicated servers we will have the option to limit the numbers.

The way it's looking already, it's the only class that will require a high amount of skill. All the other weapon types were extremely easy to use in the alpha. I mean, I've never really felt that automatic weapons require much skill in any BF game to be honest.
  • Jaskaman
    749 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018

It would be great to limit the numbers but if BF V has dedicated servers and RSP and this option, most likely it will make server showing as Custom and we all know what means Custom server in BF games = empty server or hard to fill server because servers marked as custom disappears from the server browser...
  • Nateoxide
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't understand why they can't post any info on this. It's not a top secret. The company have a chance of making more money if they would announce what they are doing. Being able to rent servers on release will help this game go a long way. Why on earth do you need to be so hush about that?
  • Muzzy2222
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    This is a really good point to raise for servers @Jaskaman , if we get them we must be able to change settings and not have them disappear from the server browser. I fear however this won't be the case.
  • RealAshWilliams
    Nateoxide wrote: »
    I don't understand why they can't post any info on this. It's not a top secret. The company have a chance of making more money if they would announce what they are doing. Being able to rent servers on release will help this game go a long way. Why on earth do you need to be so hush about that?

Not to hamper sales....
  • Axlerod1
    1393 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Again if EA and DICE are not talking about it, then that means they are not working on it. Back in March, Blake Jorgenson had said they dont want server rentals at all. that does not mean there wont be RSP but you can expect another half attempt at it if it does launch a month after the game gets released.

personally, after BF1, I am not pre-ordering the game and will not buy it at launch either. I will decide after 30 days if it is worth the money. Word on Wall Street is the game is down about 25% already from BF1 sales so I am not expecting a good launch numbers wise.
  • Metal_Jockets
    247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    . Word on Wall Street is the game is down about 25% already from BF1 sales so I am not expecting a good launch numbers wise.

That's why as a consumer it's so important not to pre-order (even though they don't receive the money till the launch date), if their sales are low before the game launches they will need to make sure it launches as compete as possible to boost sales post launch..

• ShevermiN
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If there isn't any DS servers with admin tool I will cancel my BF5 purchase and never buy Battlefield again. EA and DICE doesnt care what we want they just want there money.

There will be no dedicated servers... those days are gone and you can only expect to see half the gamemodes available to the RSP if it is continued with BFV.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6761 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ShevermiN wrote: »
    If there isn't any DS servers with admin tool I will cancel my BF5 purchase and never buy Battlefield again. EA and DICE doesnt care what we want they just want there money.

There will be no dedicated servers... those days are gone and you can only expect to see half the gamemodes available to the RSP if it is continued with BFV.

Are you under the impression that a "dedicated server" is when a game server is the only thing running on a physical box?

If so you need to check the source of that information asap.
  • Sixclicks
    edited August 2018

Are you under the impression that a "dedicated server" is when a game server is the only thing running on a physical box?

I think he just means servers where the owner/admins have pretty much complete control over all of the options, rules, and addons to the server.
  • ShevermiN

I assume that when people are asking for dedicated servers they are referencing pro-con controlled servers hosted buy a 3rd party server provider. As it was done for BF4. I am aware that the current server solution is hosted on a dedicated server. Which I have no problem with. And I know it's not DICE's fault that two years after launch people still can't us the server browser and find custom servers, which if they could would make populating custom servers much easier.
    I again watched as a player wanting to join my server joined off a friend who was in a full squad on a full team in 24p server. DICE have fixed the bug which holds the queue up when this happens so he spent 30 min in the queue at position 2 as other players passed him joining the empty team keeping the server full.
    DICE is aware that 50% of complaints are from people that haven't read the instruction manual..

• Sixclicks

I assume that when people are asking for dedicated servers they are referencing pro-con controlled servers hosted buy a 3rd party server provider. As it was done for BF4. I am aware that the current server solution is hosted on a dedicated server. Which I have no problem with. And I know it's not DICE's fault that two years after launch people still can't us the server browser and find custom servers, which if they could would make populating custom servers much easier.
    I again watched as a player wanting to join my server joined off a friend who was in a full squad on a full team in 24p server. DICE have fixed the bug which holds the queue up when this happens so he spent 30 min in the queue at position 2 as other players passed him joining the empty team keeping the server full.
    DICE is aware that 50% of complaints are from people that haven't read the instruction manual..

They really just need to add a check box in the server browser for Official and Custom. That way you wouldn't have to search by name to find custom servers. But DICE seemingly didn't want custom servers to be prosperous in BF1. There's hardly any populated custom servers on PC.