BFV dedicated servers

Comments

• causes_strokes
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It'll probably be like BF1 "dedicated servers" without Battlelog (On the PC) and only be Match Making - Automatching.. pfft...
  • causes_strokes
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    **** never used Chemical Weapons as he was a Victim of it in the Great War...

Better not be any gas masks and gas grenades and what not in BFV
  • ProAssassin2003
    2880 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not paying DICE or EA to play a game they should provide Servers for. Battlefield 3 and 4 was a Nightmare with rented servers and Badmins.
  • rainkloud
    546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    After seeing JF's interview with Dan Berlin it was the unanswered questions that raised a few concerns..
    especially when DB was asked "Will there be dedicated servers?".. The answer was.."I can't comment on anything like that right now"..

So..I'm not going to make a decision on BFV till they are able to answer these very basic questions.

Would you like to place a gentleman's bet on whether the server questions gets answered first or whether or not joysticks on PC will be supported?

• MsieurLeodagan
    318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not paying DICE or EA to play a game they should provide Servers for. Battlefield 3 and 4 was a Nightmare with rented servers and Badmins.

A nightmare for you.
    With communuiy servers, servers for all the players, we can choice our server to play, the customisation, with or without limit snipers...
    Bf1 have need limit snipers sometimes
  • Popa2caps
    576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    After seeing JF's interview with Dan Berlin it was the unanswered questions that raised a few concerns..
    especially when DB was asked "Will there be dedicated servers?".. The answer was.."I can't comment on anything like that right now"..

why not?

To be tight lipped on an obvious part of BF gaming kind of make you think they are actually looking at an alternative.

The game can have all of the cotton candy whizz bang new innervate mechanics , but without dedicated servers and the ability to control rented servers it will be a deal breaker for me...not to mention what plans they have for Anti-cheat..

So..I'm not going to make a decision on BFV till they are able to answer these very basic questions.

Is there a Battlefield title without dedicated servers?
  • Metal_Jockets
    243 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    Popa2caps wrote: »

why not?

To be tight lipped on an obvious part of BF gaming kind of make you think they are actually looking at an alternative.

The game can have all of the cotton candy whizz bang new innervate mechanics , but without dedicated servers and the ability to control rented servers it will be a deal breaker for me...not to mention what plans they have for Anti-cheat..

Is there a Battlefield title without dedicated servers?

My point exactly..there seems to be an obvious answer, but for some reason it wasn't..so then the mind wander!!
    Post edited by Metal_Jockets on
  • VBALL_MVP
    6174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

why not?

Probably because they are going to try to use cloud services. They would be a huge leap from dedicated servers.

Please explain what you think cloud services are and what you think the current iteration of dedicated server is for RSP....just curious.

Sounds like a leading question as if you don't think I know what cloud services are.

A dedicated server is, by definition, physical server that is purchased or rented entirely for one companies needs. So it is managed and controlled by EA and the specs of it are also controlled by them. Also when they go down they go offline (as we seen with server rebootsreboots). With cloud services, while they loose control on the servers and how they are configured, they gain the advatage of fully virtualized systems that are up and guaranteed by the provider. They are easier to manage and expand and cheaper to have in multiple locations. This would help the whole no servers in my region issues.

Titanfall 2 boasted about numerous advatages they had going to cloud services.

https://www.engadget.com/2016/06/15/titanfall-2-servers-google-amazon-azure/
  • Reverend-1313
    178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

why not?

Probably because they are going to try to use cloud services. They would be a huge leap from dedicated servers.

Please explain what you think cloud services are and what you think the current iteration of dedicated server is for RSP....just curious.

Sounds like a leading question as if you don't think I know what cloud services are.

A dedicated server is, by definition, physical server that is purchased or rented entirely for one companies needs. So it is managed and controlled by EA and the specs of it are also controlled by them. Also when they go down they go offline (as we seen with server rebootsreboots). With cloud services, while they loose control on the servers and how they are configured, they gain the advatage of fully virtualized systems that are up and guaranteed by the provider. They are easier to manage and expand and cheaper to have in multiple locations. This would help the whole no servers in my region issues.

It was a leading question ;). But you know what you're talking about which was a pleasant surprise. /Dickmode disengaged
  • VBALL_MVP
    6174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

why not?

It was a leading question ;). But you know what you're talking about which was a pleasant surprise. /Dickmode disengaged

No worries, I get it....many keyboard warriors in here claiming expertise.

While I am not in the gaming industry, the job I am in has greatly benefited from cloud computing vs dedicated servers. I really hope more industries (like gaming) takes advantage of this.
  • MsieurLeodagan
    318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CrashCA wrote: »
    Dedicated or Cloud (virtual) does not matter to me, just want functionality we had since at least BFBC2.

For those who like Official, no one wants to take these away from you. Go play on Official and leave us alone.

I agree, we want to have the choice as bf4, bf3, bbc2....etc
  • Axlerod1
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I saw that video and what he is not saying is this. DICE and EA have no plans at this time for RSP or 3rd party servers. Do not expect more than what we had in BF1. My sources told me EA and DICE does not want RSP at all. Take it for what it is worth. Everything I have been told has come true to date.

Remember, in BF1, there were not supposed to be servers. Do to fan out cry, EA gave in and a month before launch, they did make the announcement of servers to launch 1 month after the game launches. Since then there was very little changes to RSP. As it is, it is a complete joke. As of right now, DICe is now focused on RSP and they are not working on RSP at this time.

If EA and DICE are not talking about it, then it is not in there.
  • Reverend-1313
    178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited May 2018
    Yeah, its sad the game is turning into COD. Now don't get me wrong, i had some fun with COD in times past (it has its place). But nothing says awesome like Devs and Publishers telling you what maps you will play and what you wont play. That is coming for BF just like it came for COD.

Nothing more frustrating when there is a game mode of map you want to play but all you have is a play now button with zero options...That is the future you guys have to look forward to. I abstained from BF1 because of all this garbage and it sucks, and makes me honestly a little bit sad having grown up playing the BF games starting with 1942.
  • ShevermiN
    351 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

why not?

Last time I had a game on Titanfall 2 (within the last week) there was 1200 odd players world wide on PC ..... A mate and I played two rounds back to back and then spent over 10 min waiting for a third before we quit. I like Titanfall but it's server solution is the worst, followed by Starwars Battlefront 2. And if BFV goes this way it will be dead here in Australia on PC within a month of launch.

A continuation of the current RSP with improvements is the best we can hope for.
  • impulsive_tango
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well be prepared! There are not going to be dedicated servers (PC anyway). Dice/EA knows this will kill BF5 just like BF1. If we were getting dedicated servers, dice/EA would be promoting it.
  • Pahkiller
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    wpcat wrote: »
    There are about 40 of us in our community and I know another community with about 50. Very few people in each bought BF1 and those that did are back playing BF4 with the rest of us. If EA doesn't come out with dedicated servers most of us will not buy BFV either. Some are even talking about COD..Good God, what has EA done?

Add my clan 177 members and I know of other clans would join in, literally hundreds of gamers that will not buy BFV (5) if the servers are going to be like BF1 garbage.
  • impulsive_tango
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pahkiller wrote: »
    wpcat wrote: »
    There are about 40 of us in our community and I know another community with about 50. Very few people in each bought BF1 and those that did are back playing BF4 with the rest of us. If EA doesn't come out with dedicated servers most of us will not buy BFV either. Some are even talking about COD..Good God, what has EA done?

Add my clan 177 members and I know of other clans would join in, literally hundreds of gamers that will not buy BFV (5) if the servers are going to be like BF1 garbage.

Same situation.