BFV dedicated servers

Comments

• Amphybiouse
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Faylum wrote: »
    Your asking EA to provide something that isn't broken or a total rip off. Haven't you seen their awards? They've won worst gaming company of the year 5 times in a row.

for me it doesn't really matter anymore. they can't even pretend to care about the games they release or the players who play them.
    at this point buying anything they offer is not even something I would ever consider
  • MacaqueX
    673 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Jaskaman wrote: »
    Horseysaur wrote: »

I take the future without snotnose boosters , thnak you very much.

My experience has been that those who complain the most about badmins usually turn out to be toxic players and often cheaters. You sure seem to have an issue with badmins. Why is that? I've spent years playing on rented servers and my experience encountering badmins has been minimal. Not saying there aren't any out there. But if you aren't causing trouble on the server, its rare to have issues with an admin.

If admins are your mates, clanmates , sure. It a breeze, they will always get your back, kick that pesky pilot, ban that good sniper, yeah, awesome.

Most people who just joined and have no friends among those who run the servers are usually at receiving end of admin abuse.

Just because i dont get along with boosting bullies, and prefer fair environment for everyone doesnt make me cheater or toxic.
    Its irrevelant anyway , Dice works to improve that mess, and hopefully we wont have that issue no more, no matter how loud some will scream and stomp their little feet.

I have over 3k hours played in bf4. Mostly lone wolfing.
    I've seen a badmin maybe twice.
    Even though I'm a total **** admins are never an issue. If they are for you, than I'm pretty sure it's more than justified and you should stop whining and blaming everyone else and maybe think about what you're doing wrong to make everyone hate you.

Also there's no one stopping you from renting a server of your own and imposing your own set "fair" rules

Agreed.

For those who scream, “badmin”, and for those who don’t like to be kicked or banned, just stay out of community servers.
    How hard is this?
    Why insist on going into community servers, where you know an admin will be there to enforce rules.
    Just stay out.

Indeed, I do not understand this at all. I only play in community servers as possible, but people who only complain can stay in official...
    ---
    Waiting for BFV RSP roadmap...

I only play on private servers, and to this day, every game there is new player who start to argue with auto admin in bf2/3/BC2,
    why is admin killing them when they use bolts on sniper limit server.
    And than they argue with auto admin until auto admin kick them for faul language XD
    New players that started with BF1 dont even know what procon tools are and how to read rules.
    They immediately think badmin is hating on them.
    Maybe some explanations of rules are needed as an option in BFV.
    Maybe they can include server rules as a text on loading screen so players can read while they waiting to join.
  • Metal_Jockets
    233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    In my region the populated servers are the rented servers.. 99% of the dice official servers are empty.. why is that I wonder?

If the bad admin scenario is correct then shouldn't the server situation be the other way around?
  • MacaqueX
    673 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    In my region the populated servers are the rented servers.. 99% of the dice official servers are empty.. why is that I wonder?

If the bad admin scenario is correct then shouldn't the server situation be the other way around?

Yep i experienced 3 badmins in 5k+ hours on 5 different accounts in bf3, 2 of those in first year and than one 3-4 years later.
    And 99% of my games are cheaters and aholes free when i play on private servers.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CrashCA wrote: »

I only play on private servers, and to this day, every game there is new player who start to argue with auto admin in bf2/3/BC2,
    And than they argue with auto admin until auto admin kick them for faul language XD
    New players that started with BF1 dont even know what procon tools are and how to read rules.
    Maybe they can include server rules as a text on loading screen so players can read while they waiting to join.

Agree, but we have been asking for this and more since before the BF1 launch. EA does not care about the PC communities. One could argue that they do not care about PC at all.

I dont see how you come to that assumption just because they dont have a rental program.
  • -Antares65z
    1405 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    Waiting for BFV RSP roadmap... For how long we have to wait?

I'm not a betting man but if I was, I would not bet on this game being popular long enough for EA to roll out an RSP. Within a few weeks of release, we should have a pretty good idea on if BF5 is going to have any longevity to it. If it does, then maybe an RSP by Spring time.
  • llll-Rogue-llll
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

Agree, but we have been asking for this and more since before the BF1 launch. EA does not care about the PC communities. One could argue that they do not care about PC at all.

I dont see how you come to that assumption just because they dont have a rental program.

Battlefield was designed for the PC with third party based server provider system, this made way for communities and clans to flourish around a game they could control and play in a non linier way, to create a vastly diverse game in which everyone could find a server that catered for the way they wanted to play, as time has passed the sales for games have moved towards consoles where the average console player just wants to hit quick match, play a round then leave, so for that type of person, servers or diversity is not a priority .
    This is why community leaders feel EA has turned their back on its roots, PC Gamers!
  • von_Campenstein
    5990 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Your asking EA to provide something that isn't broken or a total rip off. Haven't you seen their awards? They've won worst gaming company of the year 5 times in a row.

Is there an actual physical throphy and if so have they picked it up?
  • Muzzy2222
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The lack of any mention of RSP for a long time is very worrying, if they wait to long to launch an RSP the game could very well already be dead given the negative feedback so far on the live service roadmap. It's a big blow to communities when we can't all play together easily or hold events and have to put up with the toxic environment of the official servers.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Battlefield was designed for the PC with third party based server provider system, this made way for communities and clans to flourish around a game they could control and play in a non linier way, to create a vastly diverse game in which everyone could find a server that catered for the way they wanted to play, as time has passed the sales for games have moved towards consoles where the average console player just wants to hit quick match, play a round then leave, so for that type of person, servers or diversity is not a priority .
    This is why community leaders feel EA has turned their back on its roots, PC Gamers!

That's a broad assumption there
  • llll-Rogue-llll
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

what part is an assumption? the fact that Battlefield series was made for Microsoft windows? or the fact that console sales are greater than PC sales?
    enlighten me........
  • Horseysaur
    11 postsMember Member
    Horseysaur wrote: »

I take the future without snotnose boosters , thnak you very much.

My experience has been that those who complain the most about badmins usually turn out to be toxic players and often cheaters. You sure seem to have an issue with badmins. Why is that? I've spent years playing on rented servers and my experience encountering badmins has been minimal. Not saying there aren't any out there. But if you aren't causing trouble on the server, its rare to have issues with an admin.

If admins are your mates, clanmates , sure. It a breeze, they will always get your back, kick that pesky pilot, ban that good sniper, yeah, awesome.

Most people who just joined and have no friends among those who run the servers are usually at receiving end of admin abuse.

Just because i dont get along with boosting bullies, and prefer fair environment for everyone doesnt make me cheater or toxic.
    Its irrevelant anyway , Dice works to improve that mess, and hopefully we wont have that issue no more, no matter how loud some will scream and stomp their little feet.

I have over 3k hours played in bf4. Mostly lone wolfing.
    I've seen a badmin maybe twice.
    Even though I'm a total **** admins are never an issue. If they are for you, than I'm pretty sure it's more than justified and you should stop whining and blaming everyone else and maybe think about what you're doing wrong to make everyone hate you.

Also there's no one stopping you from renting a server of your own and imposing your own set "fair" rules

Agreed.

For those who scream, “badmin”, and for those who don’t like to be kicked or banned, just stay out of community servers.
    How hard is this?
    Why insist on going into community servers, where you know an admin will be there to enforce rules.
    Just stay out.

Indeed, I do not understand this at all. I only play in community servers as possible, but people who only complain can stay in official...
    ---
    Waiting for BFV RSP roadmap...

I had a similar experience when I was just a player, before I started my first server in BF3.
    I joined a server in Germany, but was kicked with message, “players from United States not allowed”.
    This happened again when I rejoined. I finally stopped and said, I hate these anti-American @&;$%€¥}# admins!!!

Later, I realized that this was the ProCon Latency Manager plug-in, when I set-up my first ProCon server.

Based on this experience, I can see why some players complain of badmins, not knowing that they were dealing with plugins.

• VBALL_MVP

what part is an assumption? the fact that Battlefield series was made for Microsoft windows? or the fact that console sales are greater than PC sales?
    enlighten me........

Well saying the game is now revolved around console players instead of PC is a broad assumption.

Last time I checked PC got CTE, early alpha testing, and higher tickrate servers. Sounds to me they have received plenty of attention.

There are more people playing on console tha PC as a whole so it's not surprising console players generated more sales, but that doesnt make it console centric.
  • llll-Rogue-llll

enlighten me........

Well saying the game is now revolved around console players instead of PC is a broad assumption.

Last time I checked PC got CTE, early alpha testing, and higher tickrate servers. Sounds to me they have received plenty of attention.

There are more people playing on console tha PC as a whole so it's not surprising console players generated more sales, but that doesnt make it console centric.

Ahh i see where your coming from, but i was talking about games in general, maybe i didn't make it clear enough for you.
  • Radious1987
    491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Are the server locations already known? I mean which countries in Europe etc?

Same as BF1? More/less?
  • Sixclicks
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018

enlighten me........

PC gets CTE and alpha access because it's easier to do on PC than on console. Anything released on console needs to go through a certification process with Sony and Microsoft. They can't just drop changes whenever they want. As for higher tickrates, I assume that's just an issue with consoles not being able to do a higher tickrate.
  • VBALL_MVP
    Sixclicks wrote: »

enlighten me........

PC gets CTE and alpha access because it's easier to do on PC than on console. Anything released on console needs to go through a certification process with Sony and Microsoft. They can't just drop changes whenever they want. As for higher tickrates, I assume that's just an issue with consoles not being able to do a higher tickrate.

They didn't have to do CTE at all though....but they did and then later put it into consoles. As for the tickrate, if they had a preference with console they could of kept all servers at 30 but gave PC higher (along with other mods like the snowball fight during winter).

If they were not considered important they wouldn't get that, nor have early alpha and beta access.....not to mention that early play releases have been PC
  • ragnarok013
    1636 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited October 2018

No there's not actual trophy and it was only twice almost 10 years ago; not 5 times and during a time where banks were foreclosing homes like crazy and insurance companies were ripping people off but EA was somehow "the worst" with their DLC and online passes practices at the time. It's funny how that very old trope is trotted out like clockwork on the forum every time that somebody has some grievance with an EA game. Peter Moore implemented huge player centric changes after these "awards" and really turned the company around until he left the industry to become in involved in the Premier League.
  • m1k3ol
    771 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Moderator

No there's not actual trophy and it was only twice almost 10 years ago; not 5 times and during a time where banks were foreclosing homes like crazy and insurance companies were ripping people off but EA was somehow "the worst" with their DLC and online passes practices at the time. It's funny how that very old trope is trotted out like clockwork on the forum every time that somebody has some grievance with an EA game. Peter Moore implemented huge player centric changes after these "awards" and really turned the company around until he left the industry to become in involved in the Premier League.

so...can we say that...

Peter Moore...it's in the game!?