BFV dedicated servers

Comments

• VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    yup. at this point it's crystal clear that BF5 is designed to be a shallow and forgettable experience that's even more lacking in basic quality of life features than the previous atrocity they "released".

what's even more pathetic than those 2 "games" is how this forum is full of TotallyNotTheirShillAccounts that keep trying to claim that it's a good thing that BF5 will only have servers that are GUARANTEED to NEVER be administered.
    they keep rehashing the same made-up nonsensical talking points about "baaaadmins and rules" being real issues

it's really pathetic what BF has become.

You know that can be turned around too. The other side always talking about the need of RSPs to "stop hackers and mean people".....
  • Axlerod1
    1362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    http://fortune.com/2018/11/15/battlefield-v-reviews-ea-stock-share-prices/

Even the critics are saying the same thing as players. The game has a good foundation for something more but.....
  • Amphybiouse
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    yup. at this point it's crystal clear that BF5 is designed to be a shallow and forgettable experience that's even more lacking in basic quality of life features than the previous atrocity they "released".

what's even more pathetic than those 2 "games" is how this forum is full of TotallyNotTheirShillAccounts that keep trying to claim that it's a good thing that BF5 will only have servers that are GUARANTEED to NEVER be administered.
    they keep rehashing the same made-up nonsensical talking points about "baaaadmins and rules" being real issues

You know that can be turned around too. The other side always talking about the need of RSPs to "stop hackers and mean people".....

no, it can't. EA's server's only supposed upside is that NO ONE can be singled out and kicked/banned. that in itself is obviously not a good thing for any FPS.
    only a fool would claim that it's worth giving up the ability to personalize the game experience in a ton of essential ways.
    P.S. "mean people" is also a fake concern that only EA pretends to have. as evident by the disgusting chat censorship in BFV.

• VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

no, it can't. EA's server's only supposed upside is that NO ONE can be singled out and kicked/banned. that in itself is obviously not a good thing for any FPS.
    only a fool would claim that it's worth giving up the ability to personalize the game experience in a ton of essential ways.
    P.S. "mean people" is also a fake concern that only EA pretends to have. as evident by the disgusting chat censorship in BFV.

"Mean People" is what many in here were stating why they need RSP.

So basically what you are saying is you don't like the way Dice designed the game and want to play it in a way you want to, and that is why you want RSP? I mean essentially you are saying you want to be able to redevelop the game instead of playing it on how it was intended.
  • BillBailey0
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm going to reserve judgement, whilst the BF1 server rental wasn't what I wanted it to be, it was still cheaper than GD or Fragnet and most of the time there was no issues, but when there was issues I t took a while to resolve. So im hoping they have learnt from the feed back of BF1 and they will improve it greatly for BF V. Whilst on the subject of BF V, it's the best game since Bad Company 2.
  • Clarity_yng
    5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Need this
  • VBALL_MVP

"Mean People" is what many in here were stating why they need RSP.

So basically what you are saying is you don't like the way Dice designed the game and want to play it in a way you want to, and that is why you want RSP? I mean essentially you are saying you want to be able to redevelop the game instead of playing it on how it was intended.

please stop trying to spin my words.
    I am saying that Dice deliberately fails to provide basic quality of life features that are considered a staple and a necessity for an online FPS.
    So what if that's not "how it was intended"? EA's intentions are malicious and their incompetence is disgusting.

What you're trying to say is that the game is perfect and can't possibly be improved because "that's not how EA wanted it to be".
    Talking to you is pointless, shill.

Lol quality of life? That's a new one.
  • Triumphantape
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Has there been any word on private servers?
  • Axlerod1
    1362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Please read previous pages for your answer
  • BalesOnUrChin
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Custom server are needed bad, unless Dice can actually keep cheaters out and balance a server, dont see that happening anytime soon.
  • alleycatSTX
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

RSP means Rental Server Provider
  • DuckTellz
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Bump, Bump, BUMP! Everything that has been stated on this thread is right on point! I have already witness many accounts with cheaters being present in servers aimboting getting instance headshots or walling and there is nothing anyone can do except sit back and take it while EA seems do nothing. If there are no dedicated servers coming then you are going lose a long time BATTLEFIELD player / supporter in the franchise. I am sure there are many others BATTLEFIELD VETS that feel this way so please listen to your long supported community of gamers.
  • Slashette
    290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I agree with Alleycat! This crap should have been done from day one, seriously sick of BF series.. i refuse to buy this game cause the BASE that made BF is being thrown to the way side.. they need to FIRE the one doing server rentals and get someone in here that knows what they are doing..They dont seem to care abt us anymore
  • DFM-BagofPoo
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited November 2018
    If EA is focused so much on “life-cycling” this game, has EA considered the sales of older installments?

I’ve looked at sales of BFBC 2, BF3, and BF4; these games continued to sell for years, most likely due to communities that run servers, long after the next title was released.

And as for preventing players from playing older titles, well, EA should consider that most players do get tired of the older ones. I haven’t played BF3 since BF4 came out.

EA should rethink it’s strategy on RSP and continue to offer it.
  • TwinGunsLLP
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    BUMP, give us the private servers DICE!
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    529 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BUMP, give us the private servers DICE!

I really want to play on servers with 48 players or less^^