BFV dedicated servers

Comments

• l-NwL-l-Fhris
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2018
    No dedicated servers no game.
    Only maps i like are Arras and Twisted steal.
    I'd buy the game if there were servers with only between those 2. And 1000 tick servers.
    As someone who has put 1500+ hours in BF3 and 4 it breaks my heart what EA and/or Dice are doing to this game.
    I mean it's definatly not all bad, but some choices are clearly made for company reasons and not for the players.
    To me it feels like every new Battlefield is giving less freedom.

What happens in a few years if dedicated servers won't be a thing?
    People are still able to enjoy BF3-4 nowadays. I can't believe EA will hold up it's servers for that long.
    It's too easy to close them down and force people to the newest version.
  • -Antares65z
    1550 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Lets be honest. I don't mean to be negative or a Debbie Downer here. BF has changed and its not going back to the ways that we grew to love. Technology has changed and software applications including games have evolved into a service model. You don't buy a hard copy of Microsoft Office anymore. You either subscribe to the service or use other online applications like Google has to offer. I've sold enterprise software for a long time and back when I started, we use to implement software onto the client's servers. It could take up to year. Now days we sell them annual subscriptions to the same types of applications and nothing is implemented onsite. Its just a flick of the switch and they're using our applications on their desktops customized with their workflows. Hard to believe things have changed that much. Games are no different and EA and other developers are moving/have moved to an online subscription service. In a few years the 5G network will be available and online service providers will be able to feed you massive amounts of data to support 4K and other bandwidth hungry streaming applications. Rented servers are over (BF5 might see some half-hearted attempt at an RSP) and the games are being designed to entertain you for a year. After that they want you to be bored and ready to subscribe to their next game. Rented servers that establish and maintain communities are what keeps these games going for many years. EA doesn't want that. They're not going to stay in business selling you a game every 2-3 years. They need to sell you something every year. The quality of the games will diminish because of it.
  • l-NwL-l-Fhris
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2018
    Lets be honest.

Yeah, this is what the company's want.
    In the end is it the consumer that votes with it's wallet.
    People are already doing that because of the changes.
    You won't be able to conivince me EA is feeling happy at the moment.*
    Almost none of the people i know play it.
    On twitch it should be (especially so short after launch) be much much more popular.

Edit:
    * As a matter of fact i'm just reading an article on Wall Street Morning that EA's stock went down 26% in the last quarter.
    and this while one of there big games launched in this period?

I get what you mean, company's would like for everything to be subscription based nowadays.
    But this is not gonna last. Most people are not gonna subcribe for a Steam/Ubi/EA/etc etc
    And there the illegal downloading begins again.
    Just like Netflix/Disney seperation i suddenly hear people around me talking about torrenting again that haven't touched that for years.

Anyways, Dedicated servers please! :P
    Post edited by l-NwL-l-Fhris on
  • Axlerod1
    1346 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah Back in July 2018 the stock was at $150. Today it just set a 1 year record low at under $82.

Then EA delays the campaign update that should have been released with the game LOL
    Sorry but you don't half release a game. By the time gamers get everything they should of had at release, the game is dead. BFV full release was 11/20/18 and it is already seeing abysmal numbers.

If this is EA's vision of future gaming, I just don't want any part of it. Sure a subscription to have all games sounds great until you look at the 100 games you get. I would not give $100 for all of those games let alone pay $15 every month for them.

The AAA producers are killing the gaming market. It used to be you had high ends games for PC and not quite so high played on consoles. Now they want everyone to have the same experience by lowering all the standards across the board for everyone.. Now what is really biting them in the rear are the free games played on mobile devices.

They need to worry more about keeping the current gamers happy for the future especially if they are on PC. Even Microsoft is talking about dropping the consoles in the future.
  • -Antares65z
    1550 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    People keep lining up to buy COD year after year and they'll do the same for BF. Until other better quality FPS war games emerge onto the market, most will keep buying these games. What other military FPS games are you going to play? For the most part, they're the only types of games I play. Though I did just buy a PS4. Hopefully World War 3 will evolve into a great game and force EA and Activision to step up and start making better games.
  • Amphybiouse
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    it's great to see that finally some of the youtubers are starting to sprook the importance of a RSP to the BF community... the unfortunate thing is that they should of started at least 6 months ago, even though there was some mention of it.. for some reason it was dropped like a hot potato and shelved.

To be fair to our youtube overloards, they've been asking about RSP in all of their developer interviews since they started in regards to BFV.

They've been shut down every single time with answers like "we will not be discussing that at this point in time" and "we'll let you know as soon as the roadmap is finalized."

At least JackFrags and Westie have been doing this very actively.

That's not even close to enough, sadly.
    What they should have done is ask this first and if they get "we will not be discussing that at this point in time" they should have just stopped the interview right there.

Can anyone honestly say they care even the tiniest bit if a battlefield game has a single player campaign? Yet dice won't shut up about it in their "road maps".
    They deliberately waste time and resources on SP while leaving MP crippled with lack of content and essential features.
    Hilarious
  • Amphybiouse
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    What other military FPS games are you going to play?

You can't be serious. Unlike breathing, playing an FPS is not something one must do. But even if it was, EA thankfully does not have a monopoly on those. There are thousands of FPS games out there.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    it's great to see that finally some of the youtubers are starting to sprook the importance of a RSP to the BF community... the unfortunate thing is that they should of started at least 6 months ago, even though there was some mention of it.. for some reason it was dropped like a hot potato and shelved.

To be fair to our youtube overloards, they've been asking about RSP in all of their developer interviews since they started in regards to BFV.

They've been shut down every single time with answers like "we will not be discussing that at this point in time" and "we'll let you know as soon as the roadmap is finalized."

At least JackFrags and Westie have been doing this very actively.

That's not even close to enough, sadly.
    What they should have done is ask this first and if they get "we will not be discussing that at this point in time" they should have just stopped the interview right there.

Can anyone honestly say they care even the tiniest bit if a battlefield game has a single player campaign? Yet dice won't shut up about it in their "road maps".
    They deliberately waste time and resources on SP while leaving MP crippled with lack of content and essential features.
    Hilarious

I care. I think having a SP is essential in my opinion.
  • Axlerod1
    1346 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited December 2018
    Agreed. You do not buy battlefield for the Campaign or lack there off. It is about multiplayer online experience with your friends and the community.

EA does not care about the latter at all. You only need 3 friends as far as they are concerned. You do not need customized servers. Racism , anti semantic opinions are perfectly acceptable with EA not mention sexually preferences. So most toxic chat is aloud. Cheating is OK to. If you do it to much though they might not let you play for 3 days but other then that cheat away to your hearts content.

I just don't understand with all these features EA and DICE has developed on the new games they make that interest is falling off and their shareholders are losing money.

Oh yeah, and the lets release half a game and promise to release the rest of it later setup. Yeah that is work great. I think they should discount the price of the game by 50%! Oh wait that has already happened a week after the game failed. Oops I mean officially launched.

I still remember the quotes from BF1. "SOON!" and "A better player experience". They were replaced in BFV with 'Free DLC!", EA just won't tell you how much or how often.

There have been numerous reports that Battlefield V isn't doing so well in terms of sales. While it's unclear as to how well the game has sold, EA is offering a discount on it for existing Battlefield fans already. Today, the company announced a promotion where Battlefield V is now fifty percent off for returning players who purchased Battlefield 1, Battlefield 4, or Battlefield Hardline until December 20. All you have to do to redeem this offer is go to the in-game store where there are massive banners indicating the sale.
    Post edited by Axlerod1 on
  • GoVe_5
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    They really should implement custom servers,sales will be better
  • Axlerod1
    Read this article Battlefield V's First Expansion Is A Gamble That Doesn't Pay Off
    https://kotaku.com/battlefield-vs-first-expansion-is-a-gamble-that-doesnt-1830892713

It delivers occasional bouts of action but has no staying power. The new story feels well intentioned but ill-considered, and the new map ignores what most players are looking for. Overture is a welcome experiment, but it unfortunately, it fails more than it succeeds.

With interest already wanning for BF5, do not expect anything more than what EA and DICE has Promised. With this DLC, DICE has laready fullfilled half their promises made to get people to buy this game.

Free does not always mean quality. IF you want quality you have to pay for it.
    Just because something is $60 or $80 does not mean it is quality. You have to read what you are paying for. EA gave a list and a week after launch now everyone knows that BF5 is a $30 game that was over priced to begin with.

Do not expect the FREE DLC's that people paid for in the previous Battlefield titles. You will really be sadly disappointed if you do. Ask the SWBF2 fans LOL.
  • StarscreamUK
    6987 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Axelrod1, that has nothing to do with dedicated servers, keep it on topic.
  • Axlerod1
    My apologies Starscream. The way it reads is not everything I should have said.

With my above post, what this means is that EA is not generating the revenue it had hope to gain. Due to this reason, I will not dedicate manpower to make such things as RSP due to lack of funds. Everything EA has DICE has to be to further the game. They are not charging for DLC but giving it away for free. There is no set amount of free and there is no revenue gain.

They aren't making money so do not expect much for this game. That is what I was trying to say.
  • Metal_Jockets
    243 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Yes.. it's a clear message to EA/DICE that a game should have what the majority of the public want not what they feel should be in it..otherwise they wouldn't be it the mess their in at the moment .

I certainly hope they would reconsider and fast track the RSPs ..at worst it will increase sales and at the same time createsome kind of extra revenue towards them.

• Beat_Mangler80
    499 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Chances are they're going to monopolise server rentals under their own Rental Server Program like they did with BF1. They know this isn't a popular thing with the community so they won't go into anything regarding servers.

They make many millions of dollars for this game why do they always make us suffer when it comes to servers???? Tight *** ********.

• Beat_Mangler80
    edited December 2018
    I was on this forum trying to get an answer to this question and I would have never pre-ordered if someone could have told me there would be no custom servers at launch. Fool me once...
  • Beat_Mangler80
    I literally get more and more annoyed by this every single day that passes.

Check out the response I received after I pushed the issue so much it had to be responded to:

danmotoxx wrote: »
    [*] Can we expect a Hardcore mode in the future?
    [*] DM: No word on Hardcore mode at the moment. Sorry.

I noticed a ton of this generic response attitude that answers questions without answering them. You guys are where the word comes from, how could there be no word at all?
    I WISH I never bought this game and the frustration that came with it, if only I could have bought it 6 months into its life cycle it would have been a world of difference. EVERYBODY needs to start doing this.
  • -Antares65z
    edited December 2018
    Most of the BF1 rented servers (at least in the U.S.) are now dead because of the growing use of Quick Match. The R2BF5 servers are sucking up most of the traffic. What does that tell you about players preference for servers? Most don't care about rented servers and would rather just click on a button and get dumped into a room with other players. R2BF5 servers are going to be the death of most rented servers out there. But then, maybe that's EA's plan. Kill off the rented servers and then start turning off the official ones. Within a year, this game will be for the most part, dead. Mission accomplished for EA.
  • Axlerod1
    LIke I said before, once EA let's DICE add in 3rd party rental servers and not EA's RSP, I will give it 1 month to see how well players like it, Then and only then will I and many of my clan mates buy the game. In BF4 we have over 200 active members that played monthly. That dropped to about 20 for BF1. That number dropped a lot lower for BFv. 5 of our guys upgraded video cards and got it for free and another 5 are try the origin access and they say they are wasting there month on that service.

Lack of Servers and variety killed the PC community off.

https://thegoldwater.com/news/43507-EA-s-Social-Justice-Battlefield-V-Gets-Woke-Goes-Broke
  • CrashCA
    903 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I was on this forum trying to get an answer to this question and I would have never pre-ordered if someone could have told me there would be no custom servers at launch. Fool me once...

Actually fooled twice, BF1- no RSP at launch.
    Still waiting for any info on it here