BFV dedicated servers

Comments

  • CrashCA
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    World War 3 (leans to hardcore) is pretty good as is Squad (leans to mil sim).

    But would RSP remains necessary to this franchise, speak up DICE
  • Axlerod1
    1357 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hey WW3 got a huge update today plus new maps. I will be playing it tonight.
  • ShevermiN
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    Hey WW3 got a huge update today plus new maps. I will be playing it tonight.

    What you and the 400 other players worldwide :)


    Oh and can you rent one of there servers yet ??
  • Axlerod1
    1357 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    ShevermiN wrote: »
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    Hey WW3 got a huge update today plus new maps. I will be playing it tonight.

    What you and the 400 other players worldwide :)


    Oh and can you rent one of there servers yet ??

    Its early access. Of course you can't rent a server yet. That will not be available for a year.
    Early access is what most would call an alpha. It is in a test phase. I do not expect huge numbers until closer to release. I will test it for a day then go back to Rainbow 6 siege until the next patch for World war 3. I do test games 24/7 like some. Just enough to stay up to date.
  • Beat_Mangler80
    505 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Keep this chat going as there is already a lot of noise being made about this subject , and this can only help our cause , so keep it positive and stay on subject , fingers crossed we get our own servers as it will make the game so enjoyable for some many people, and please give us the tools to create the games as we and our communities want them to be

    I made a lot of noise, put in a massive effort and I'm completely ignored and so is the entire vet hardcore crew.
    .
    I am seriously completely over these greedy people. Other new FPS are looking amazing atm.

    I completely share that sentiment.
    I'm done giving EA second chances and will not pay for any of their products in the future. Even if they're 99% off.
    Would appreciate it if you'd named a few of those amazing looking FPSs...

    If you're a hardcore enthusiast, be sure to try Insurgency Sandstorm. I played it on launch day for the first time, and immediately uninstalled the BFV abortion. Been playing Sandstorm a couple hours a day now, and couldn't be having more fun.

    Hope this makes it to the ps4 in 2019!

    Yes it's coming! It probably comes without beta frustrations too, and no immediate price drops after you buy it, and no missing modes and parts of the game, seems like common sense.
  • ShevermiN
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    oh you can host siege servers ?? didn't know that.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    ShevermiN wrote: »
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    Hey WW3 got a huge update today plus new maps. I will be playing it tonight.

    What you and the 400 other players worldwide :)


    Oh and can you rent one of there servers yet ??

    Its early access. Of course you can't rent a server yet. That will not be available for a year.
    Early access is what most would call an alpha. It is in a test phase. I do not expect huge numbers until closer to release. I will test it for a day then go back to Rainbow 6 siege until the next patch for World war 3. I do test games 24/7 like some. Just enough to stay up to date.

    I wouldn't call early access a Alpha.

    Either way its being sold right now ($22 on steam) so that would mean it's not in early access..

    Which means if you still think it's in early access guess it's really buggy and no RSP. Why aren't you up in arms like you are with BFV?
  • Axlerod1
    1357 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    ShevermiN wrote: »
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    Hey WW3 got a huge update today plus new maps. I will be playing it tonight.

    What you and the 400 other players worldwide :)


    Oh and can you rent one of there servers yet ??

    Its early access. Of course you can't rent a server yet. That will not be available for a year.
    Early access is what most would call an alpha. It is in a test phase. I do not expect huge numbers until closer to release. I will test it for a day then go back to Rainbow 6 siege until the next patch for World war 3. I do test games 24/7 like some. Just enough to stay up to date.

    I wouldn't call early access a Alpha.

    Either way its being sold right now ($22 on steam) so that would mean it's not in early access..

    Which means if you still think it's in early access guess it's really buggy and no RSP. Why aren't you up in arms like you are with BFV?

    I guess your definition would be wrong then. Early Access despite your logic is still early access to a game that is being developed for a future full release.
    Full game is still scheduled for FULL RELEASE Fall/Winter on 2019 or a year from now.

    Rental servers will not and should not be released until the game is completed and ready for full release just like every game that has been made.
    All Batlefield titles never had rentalable servers until the full game is released.

    Let me exxplain it like this, first you make a working full version of game. Second you make server tools.
    WW3 is still in the first phase. That is why they call it early access.

    I feel like I need a webster dictionary as a gift for you this Christmas.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    ShevermiN wrote: »
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    Hey WW3 got a huge update today plus new maps. I will be playing it tonight.

    What you and the 400 other players worldwide :)


    Oh and can you rent one of there servers yet ??

    Its early access. Of course you can't rent a server yet. That will not be available for a year.
    Early access is what most would call an alpha. It is in a test phase. I do not expect huge numbers until closer to release. I will test it for a day then go back to Rainbow 6 siege until the next patch for World war 3. I do test games 24/7 like some. Just enough to stay up to date.

    I wouldn't call early access a Alpha.

    Either way its being sold right now ($22 on steam) so that would mean it's not in early access..

    Which means if you still think it's in early access guess it's really buggy and no RSP. Why aren't you up in arms like you are with BFV?

    I guess your definition would be wrong then. Early Access despite your logic is still early access to a game that is being developed for a future full release.
    Full game is still scheduled for FULL RELEASE Fall/Winter on 2019 or a year from now.

    Rental servers will not and should not be released until the game is completed and ready for full release just like every game that has been made.
    All Batlefield titles never had rentalable servers until the full game is released.

    Let me exxplain it like this, first you make a working full version of game. Second you make server tools.
    WW3 is still in the first phase. That is why they call it early access.

    I feel like I need a webster dictionary as a gift for you this Christmas.

    So what you're saying is you pay twenty some dollars to do their testing.....odd that's exactly what you and others complained about BFV.
  • Axlerod1
    1357 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited December 2018
    Ea made claims it was a finished product.

    Farm 51 was up front saying it was not.

    Strange how many times I have talked about this. Maybe you should go back and read the whole thread to get a better understanding.

    For the record, farm 51 is not associated with electronic arts in any way.

    BFV was not worth testing out for $60. It now can be had for $30 which is still way over priced for its content and issues since its a complete version.

    The $20 I spent is for development cost. That is why small companies like Farm 51 do early access. We are helping them develop a game we think might be enjoyable.
    I know you are having trouble understanding big words and concept ideas but this is how it works when you are not a triple A company. You might try looking this up on steam. It says it on the steam page.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    Ea made claims it was a finished product.

    Farm 51 was up front saying it was not.

    Strange how many times I have talked about this. Maybe you should go back and read the whole thread to get a better understanding.

    For the record, farm 51 is not associated with electronic arts in any way.

    BFV was not worth testing out for $60. It now can be had for $30 which is still way over priced for its content and issues since its a complete version.

    The $20 I spent is for development cost. That is why small companies like Farm 51 do early access. We are helping them develop a game we think might be enjoyable.
    I know you are having trouble understanding big words and concept ideas but this is how it works when you are not a triple A company. You might try looking this up on steam. It says it on the steam page.

    I have no problems understanding your simplistic talk. What you dont seem to understand is how you contradict yourself because you have a big chip on your shoulder about EA.

    Fact you are swinging with the demeaning banter shows I must have struck a nerve.
  • Axlerod1
    1357 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    What is Early Access?
    Get immediate access to games that are being developed with the community's involvement. These are games that evolve as you play them, as you give feedback, and as the developers update and add content.

    We like to think of games and game development as services that grow and evolve with the involvement of customers and the community. There have been a number of prominent titles that have embraced this model of development recently and found a lot of value in the process. We like to support and encourage developers who want to ship early, involve customers, and build lasting relationships that help everyone make better games.

    This is the way games should be made.

    No nerves. People that do not learn are ignorant. People that have been given the opportunity to learn and choose not to are stupid. I know which category you are in now.

    Bottom line is this, on a full release game such as battlefield V, I expect dedicated servers.
    On games in development, I do not expect dedicated servers.
    It has been explained why, to overcome your ignorance or the game making process.

    You are not comparing apples to apples.
    You are now comparing apples to tires. It just doesn't make any sense.

    So no nerve struck. Your last statement pretty much summed it up for me about you.
    Have a nice day.
  • olT3lo
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    The last I heard was they were considering adding rentals to WW3. I wouldn't get my hopes up too high there either as initially they weren't going to have rental servers, but people like myself complained and now they are at least considering it. I won't buy the game until they have rentals, period.
  • Beat_Mangler80
    505 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    Ea made claims it was a finished product.

    Farm 51 was up front saying it was not.

    Strange how many times I have talked about this. Maybe you should go back and read the whole thread to get a better understanding.

    For the record, farm 51 is not associated with electronic arts in any way.

    BFV was not worth testing out for $60. It now can be had for $30 which is still way over priced for its content and issues since its a complete version.

    The $20 I spent is for development cost. That is why small companies like Farm 51 do early access. We are helping them develop a game we think might be enjoyable.
    I know you are having trouble understanding big words and concept ideas but this is how it works when you are not a triple A company. You might try looking this up on steam. It says it on the steam page.

    I have no problems understanding your simplistic talk. What you dont seem to understand is how you contradict yourself because you have a big chip on your shoulder about EA.

    Fact you are swinging with the demeaning banter shows I must have struck a nerve.

    he isn't.
    you're reaching, shill

    Ignoring VBALLz is a wise thing to do, he talks a lot but never says anything.

    Insurgency Sandstorm people, give it a try!

    If it drops very soon and before we have RSP custom / rentable servers I will likely dump this insulting franchise for good.
    .
    That game looks amazing, and NO ISSUES, NO BETA TESTING PHASE RELEASE, NO PROMISED CONTENT, NO MASSIVE PRICE DROPS RIGHT AFTER YOU BUY IT, NO BUGS EVERYWHERE, NO BUGS THAT LAST YEARS, RESPECT FOR VETS, NO WEALTHY MEN IN SUITS CALLING THE SHOTS - ladies and gentlemen I think we have a contender here, we could see a mass migration.
    .
    Treat your dedicated customers like crap and eventually you will fall off your perch.
  • donthurtm3
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What is the Problem? i wan't my own server. This Multiplayer menu is terrible. I can't find server with my favourite maps: Aerodrome, Arras, Devastation, Twisted Steel or Narvik-AIRBORNE(Nightmap!!)
  • Axlerod1
    1357 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited December 2018
    Well it looks like EA is getting desperate to make money off of gamers in BFV.

    battlefield-5-progress-system.jpg


    Battlefield V is apparently getting microtransactions sometime next month, according to what has been revealed recently.
    Reddit user spanky088 recently posted an image on the game’s subreddit showcasing the Battlefield V Battlefield Currency. According to the image, it will be launched next month.

    As EA previously confirmed that there will not be any loot boxes, the new Battlefield Currency will only be used to purchase cosmetic items, so it shouldn’t impact progression at all. As an official announcement on the matter has yet to be made, however, we cannot be certain at this time.

    Maybe if they actually put things into the game that the players wanted, like true 3rd party dedicated servers, they might sale some of their games and make money.
  • DFM-BagofPoo
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Ins. Sandstorm looks very good.

    I’ll look into setting up a server.
  • Beat_Mangler80
    505 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    +1 for Insurgency Sandstorm
Sign In or Register to comment.