BFV dedicated servers

Comments

• CrashCA
    820 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Antares, Sad but likely all true.
  • Axlerod1
    1302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 17
    Agreed. This game was screwed before it even launched.
    Now, had EA let DICE make the game that players wanted it might have been a different story.

At Least the Battlefield franchise broke a record! The fastest BF game to go to a 50% discount in history. Usually it takes a year to get that discount. EA/DICE did it in a month from launch.

What is funny, most of the players that paid full price stopped playing BF5 and the few that bought the game for $30 are playing it now. I am curious to see who is playing the game once it hits the 3 month mark.
    Post edited by Axlerod1 on
  • CrashCA
    820 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 17
    Would really like to see player counts (Battlefield tracker)

Currently (last weekend) BF4 and BF1 are tied in player count. About 11,500 each day.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    852 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CrashCA wrote: »

Currently (last weekend) BF4 and BF1 are tied in player count. About 11,500 each day.

How far does BF tracker go back? It would be interesting to compare those 11500 daily counts to the numbers at the BFV release.
  • parkingbrake
    1911 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not paying DICE or EA to play a game they should provide Servers for. Battlefield 3 and 4 was a Nightmare with rented servers and Badmins.

Hogwash. In all the years I played those games the only friends I saw banned from servers had asked for it and completely deserved to be banned. I killed scads of admins in their servers over the years, never got kicked or banned for it. I saw lots of complaints about "badmins", but when we learned more it turned out the players had given us only one side of the story, and a rather fictional side at that. I found only a handful of servers I wouldn't go back to because of the admins, but I had scores of servers in my favorites list with fair rules and good admins, fun places to play.

Anyone who can't handle playing within the rules had Official servers to play in, nobody was forced to play in Ranked servers with admins. Of course I've also seen posts here over the years from players who boasted about going into rented servers just to break every rule they could until they were kicked, their delusion being that buying the game means they can do anything they want anyplace they want and all server rules are illegitimate. One has to wonder if some of those guys ended up in an episode of COPS, no shirt, handcuffs, being loaded into the back of a police car. You *&^% cops can't tell me what to do you #$^%! One thing you know such players never did was put up the money to run a rules-free servers, they preferred someone else to pick up the bill.
  • parkingbrake
    1911 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Staazvaind wrote: »
    EA isn't going to allow rented servers. Rented servers with modified rules are a big problem for games that are built around micro-transactions because they lead to farming.

If little Johnny joins a rented server that's set up to farm Company Coin he probably isn't going to ask Mom and Dad for $10.00 to buy a Golden Gun Pack. He's going to farm the gun pack. Then he's going to tell his friends about it and some of them will farm for their Golden Gun Packs as well.

EA isn't going to allow users the opportunity to poach. Poaching. It's a bigger concern to them than piracy, which makes sense, when two thirds of their revenue stream are micro-transactions.

Not to mention we are all just playing Disposablefield V: Assignment Edition. Pre-orders for Disposablefield VI start in just a little over 12 months.

EA treats it's user base like dairy cattle in a chute, moving them pen to pen. Open one door, close the last. Milk milk milk. Repeat.

i fail to see how private servers = stats padding as you can go stats pad on official servers as well.

It was not possible to stat pad on Private (password) servers because scores earned on such servers were not applied to a player's profile. Only scores from Ranked or Official servers were recorded and applied to a player's stats.
  • CrashCA

How far does BF tracker go back? It would be interesting to compare those 11500 daily counts to the numbers at the BFV release.

Goes back 2 years from current date.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    723 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Just curious. Are those numbers for bf4 and bf1 for a specific console or pc?
    I've seriously considered redownloading bf1 or bf4 since I just can't get into this new title as much as I try. Shoot, it's a chore for me just trying!
  • EdwinSpangler
    1570 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly, you guys are just beating a dead horse. Let go it and accept that fact that until there is concrete proof directly from EA, rented servers aren't happening. Stupid little tweets and comments in social media isn't proof. It's a baited hook to keep you interested in and sticking around in the game.

*Plugs ears* "La la la la lala laa"

No really, its more disappointing everyday..

I guess were gonna have to except that DICE is not the DICE we grew to love.. Like I said in another post, they can keep the DICE name but the people who make up that name are no longer there.. It seems EA turned DICE into their own little internal thing..

Disclaimer: I have no idea what im talking about.

• GoVe_5
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

*Plugs ears* "La la la la lala laa"

No really, its more disappointing everyday..

I guess were gonna have to except that DICE is not the DICE we grew to love.. Like I said in another post, they can keep the DICE name but the people who m

ake up that name are no longer there.. It seems EA turned DICE into their own little internal thing..

Disclaimer: I have no idea what im talking about.

[/quote]
    Yes,you have a good sense about dice!.
    Since BF4 EX Ubisoft employers are chiefs at Dice now.They make bf1 and bf5,with all these far cry 3 animations.Even firestorm is mode in fc3 mp.I really liked fc1 and fc2 mp(custom servers,custom maps..etc).They abandon servers and make fc3 COD clone with silly animations.So probably will never be the custom servers any more in battlefield.
  • CrashCA
    edited January 19
    @misisipiRivrRat those are PC only. Only way I play.
    Fortunately, I have room and have BFBC2, BF3, BF4, and BF1 ready to go.
    Most are a blast
  • Amphybiouse
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited January 19

Honestly, you guys are just beating a dead horse.

EA is still kicking, sadly
    Post edited by Amphybiouse on
  • olT3lo
    188 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    Now, had EA let DICE make the game that players wanted it might have been a different story.

I agree with a lot of your posts, but I'm no longer in the camp that thinks DICE can make great games. For them, even if you explain away the greed as being the fault of EA, DICE has started putting their ideology ahead of great game play mechanics and story telling.
  • Amphybiouse
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    olT3lo wrote: »

I agree with a lot of your posts, but I'm no longer in the camp that thinks DICE can make great games. For them, even if you explain away the greed as being the fault of EA, DICE has started putting their ideology ahead of great game play mechanics and story telling.

I agree.
    Although I don't really care if it's DICE's incompetence or EA's greed that is responsible for the pathetic state of BF5
  • Axlerod1
    1302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 22
    Remember the good days when someone that was way to good could be dealt with?

[video removed]

I miss admins taking out the garbage. They did the job that EA is afraid to do. It made for such a better player experience.
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • EdwinSpangler
    1570 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Remember the good days when someone that was way to good could be dealt with?

I miss admins taking out the garbage. They did the job that EA is afraid to do. It made for such a better player experience.

Just a word of caution, posting things like this gives it publicity.. Hope that duck fella got banned for showing everyone how to do this..

• Axlerod1
    No link given to hack.
    No name given for hack.

Only thing this sites is that that is a cheat of there.

EA is over whelmed and understaffed to probably do anything however. If they did, it would probably be a 3 day ban anyways.
  • CrashCA
    edited January 22
    Side note, on PC, BF4 did better than BF1 last weekend (Battlefieldtracker)
    And still can not find BF V player counts anywhere.
  • Epthy
    258 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Side note, on PC, BF4 did better than BF1 last weekend (Battlefieldtracker)
    And still can not find BF V player counts anywhere.

if only they gave 4k to bf4 players and patched a few bugs.

nobody could careless about playing any other battlefield game then :smiley: