BFV dedicated servers

Comments

• Staazvaind
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 22
    It was not possible to stat pad on Private (password) servers because scores earned on such servers were not applied to a player's profile. Only scores from Ranked or Official servers were recorded and applied to a player's stats.

i know.

again: i fail to see how statspadding is not possible on official servers tho that statspadding would make an argument against RSP ;)

p.s. i lol'ed on your police example XD nice one ! exactly the kind of rulebreakers that got kicked several times
    on our server totally automatically until auto-bann. i loved my scripts for that. not biased by chat they just worked
    without making a difference.
  • DFM-BagofPoo
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    CrashCA wrote: »
    Side note, on PC, BF4 did better than BF1 last weekend (Battlefieldtracker)
    And still can not find BF V player counts anywhere.

I wouldn’t be surprised if BF4 sales are comparatively better than BF1’s, year on year.

BF4..........the last great Battlefield title.

• -Antares65z
    1550 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CrashCA wrote: »
    Side note, on PC, BF4 did better than BF1 last weekend (Battlefieldtracker)
    And still can not find BF V player counts anywhere.

I wouldn’t be surprised if BF4 sales are comparatively better than BF1’s, year on year.

BF4..........the last great Battlefield title.

BF3>BF4 for last greatest BF title. Ahhhh, the days of the Aftermath and Close Quarters maps. So many good maps in that game.
  • Faylum
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    olT3lo wrote: »
    Such an eloquent response. Please elaborate on what part isn't correct.

Didn't feel as though your comment needed an eloquent response as I'm firm in my belief and feel as though yours was the proper response to a different question.

The reason this series is where it is, at this point in time, is directly the result of corporate influence of a giant publisher.

We live in a disposable world now. Nothing is built to last. This is true whether you are buying a washing machine, or a video game. Why is it like that? Because some genius figured out that building with cheaper materials and assembling those materials using unskilled or mechanical labor was faster and cheaper with the additional perk being, when your new washing machine breaks after 8 years instead of 25, they get to sell you the same shoddy garbage all over again.

Why would a publisher want a games lifespan to last? The majority of the games sales are up front, not 2 years down the road. Why would they want a community built up around fun community servers when they can force you to play with mostly strangers on servers they sell you (or don't sell you in the case of BFV apparently)? They don't care about longevity, they care about selling the next half baked product when you are tired of playing their last asset flipped, piece of crap not too many months after buying it.

Is this the product of the advancement of technology or faster internet? No, it's the product of greed. It's the product of trying to appease not the consumer but the stock holder.

You can disagree, that is fine and you have every right, but don't waste your time trying to convince me otherwise and I won't waste yours with another ineloquent response.

This is poetry. And you managed to own the corporate shill at the same time.
    At first i was against community run servers simply because i was getting banned off servers in BF3 and BF4 for being nothing other than good. Knifing an admin or taunting a clan after murdering them. Banned for life. Eventually got to a stage where there wasn't really any servers i could get on. And i am not a toxic player, i just like taunting people i kill so i get a better battle the next time or more determined people returning. (As i was a pro tanker in both games)
    However the lack of these servers in BF1 and now BFV has had huge ramifications on the community. Each game you play is filled with some of the most foul people i have ever seen and im not talking about language. I don't care what a person says. I am talking about behaviour in game. Like placing mines under or around your tank, so when other shells that may hit beside you end up killing you. Or in BF1 i use to see people climbing onto your tank or flak gun in order to get you to kill yourself. Had one case where 3 people who knew me from World of Warcraft went support and just followed me around throwing smokes so i couldn't see anything. Endlessly doing this. On a community based server this would be a bannable offence and these people would never get back again but in BF1 i would meet these people regularly because i did operations and you usually always see the same people. And the event would continue.
    The community needs its own space in which to create its own things. Such as Arras only, no snipers/planes. Or Arras 4,000 ticket games. And community servers means you have a chance to make friends, friends to play future games with in a squad. As it is i haven't had a squad to play with since BF3 and i cannot make friends with people who play one game and then vanish back into obscurity.
    And it's bizarre that the company wants things to stay like this because they have created their own nasty, aggressive, crybaby community. Who feel constantly entitled, demanding changes and causing a show if they don't. Of course there are those of us who can see things when they are game breaking but we are drowned out by the whiners who just complain about anything that they can't master. So the future games and patches end up fixing things that didnt need fixing or making games no one asked for. You're listening to the wrong people and you have created this negative environment for yourself because you keep the community from gelling together.
    Good players, when given the platform to do so, tend to help bad players improve. But you haven't given us that platform and so the community is just so hell bent on breaking everything and being foul about it.
    So as the above quote says it, EA has no intention of giving us ANYTHING even remotely Triple A, worth the price they charged or community based, unless they can blitz the microtransactions out of us. And if you do not see that, then i suggest you go a look at their track record of destroying game companies doing exactly this.
    I LOVE this franchise. As much as i am at war with its current rendition i love this franchise and i want it to be here in 20 years time. But if things keep going the way they are there wont even be 5 years left. And if this game doesn't get things right before dumping a new game in another year or so, i really won't be continuing my support. So please EA/DICE, get your s*^t together, get off your high horse and just give us community run servers so we can make the most of the games. I would also add, that if you wanted to make a lot more money off each game then let players make their own maps and sell them for a small fee. That way players can contribute to the games longevity, new designers can be paid for their work and EA can make a small percentage having done literally nothing in order to do it.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    11691 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    No link given to hack.
    No name given for hack.

That may be, However it is still removed as you're essentially advertising / promoting it.

I understand your intention may be to spread awareness, But to be honest, I know for a fact that DICE are aware of it and are working toward a solution to it.
  • Axlerod1
    1346 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    No problems Tags. It is your job to make this decision. You do what you have to do. No offense is taken here. It was for everyone's awareness. This is being used in other games as well.

I just wish the level of admining in the forums was the same for the last 2 battlefields games. It just seems like EA cares more about what the community says about their game rather than making a good game for the community.

That was a compliment to the moderators BTW.
  • DFM-BagofPoo
    What I find ironic, is that while cheaters and hackers are running around - unchecked - in BF V servers, our discussions here cannot mention these hacks due to possible advertisement of said hacks. Well, the blatant use of said hacks, in game, is a more overt form of advertising, yet EA sees it fit not to interfere with these cheaters.

It just goes to show how low EA has gone.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    11691 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @DFM-BagofPoo
    That's discussion of moderation and thus is not permitted, Per forum rules.
  • parkingbrake
    2726 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Staazvaind wrote: »
    It was not possible to stat pad on Private (password) servers because scores earned on such servers were not applied to a player's profile. Only scores from Ranked or Official servers were recorded and applied to a player's stats.

i know.

again: i fail to see how statspadding is not possible on official servers tho that statspadding would make an argument against RSP ;)

p.s. i lol'ed on your police example XD nice one ! exactly the kind of rulebreakers that got kicked several times
    on our server totally automatically until auto-bann. i loved my scripts for that. not biased by chat they just worked
    without making a difference.

EA's attitude to stat padding is odd, there were no kill/flag run only servers which operated openly and some players at the top of the leaderboards spent lots of time there. Yet when as an experiment I reported one of those players his stats were wiped quickly. It was as if they only cared if someone pointed it out to them.

Stat-padding on Official servers should have been more difficult because the admins couldn't move players, so setting up a score-boosting scheme must have been more awkward than on a Ranked server.

EA in theory should care about stat-padding because it calls into question the validity of competition in their game, it's a form of cheating though not as serious as using a hack. But why should the rest of us care? So some guy gets together with his friends and they stat-pad, so what? I have suffered no loss, it's not like I missed being on the Olympic BF4 team because somebody inflated his stats and got the spot that should have been mine. Hack use is different, it can lower my scores and spoil the fun at the same time. But somebody boosting in a server I never heard of, pffft, no big deal, so if that is an argument in favor of not having rented serves it is a really weak argument.
  • DonSharkito
    796 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
  • DFM-BagofPoo

There’s an off-the-shelf solution out there: PROCON.

All of these clowns with EA are too lazy and too cheap to re-develop RSP? Fine! Release the API so that existing 3rd-party tools can do the job for FREE. Yes, FREE. And we’ll have hack and racist free servers!!
  • Axlerod1
    1346 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah I have been playing other games to. World War 3 is starting to test the server browser now. Next will be rentals servers if everything goes well.
  • Wikstone
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Yeah I have been playing other games to. World War 3 is starting to test the server browser now. Next will be rentals servers if everything goes well.

Server browser is in PTE allready.
  • Staazvaind
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

yeh, i think i gotta move on as well.

R.I.P. Battlefield !

• Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Great way to kill off any competitive play for clans, also no custom servers with different map rotation, oh dear lord....
    I logged in the other day to BF4 before deleting it, and all the servers for CQ/Dom/TDM were player owned. The game is 5 years old but still going strong because of proper RSP.
  • TACKLEBERRY_ZA
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 23
    If EA thinks the sales of BFV are bad now they will have an even bigger shock with the next title. Not having RSP now WILL push players to other titles, by the time the next title comes the players who originally left will more than likely not return.

Been playing Battlefield for over 10 years. I just cannot believe they go from Bad Company or Battlefield 3 to where we are now. How is it possible to go backwards when you did such great things from the start.

Judging from the state Battlefield has been in the last 2 years it would be better if another publisher bought DICE. And let DICE be DICE. Create masterpiece titles like before and not get rushed into quick launches and horrible decisions. Listening to the community i feel is something DICE want to do but EA don't let them.
  • Neox255
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Not very promising news at all. Apart from the "its on the road map" video - the community has been waiting since the launch for some news and we now get that sorry excuse of an update on reddit. Sad. Sorry but ea/dice your so out of touch with what people want and your kicking all your loyal battlefield players and communities truly in the nuts.

• Metal_Jockets
    243 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    In regards specifically to RSP, I'll keep it simple @dan_mitre , without it Battlefield is dead to me..by buying a team based game without the opportunity of creating a community around it make no financial sense on my behalf ... therefore , I'm very disappointed..I have nothing more to say..out..