BFV dedicated servers

Comments

• EdwinSpangler
    1792 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    I just wish the level of admining in the forums was the same for the last 2 battlefields games.

Couldnt have said it better myself..

Wait...... This nonsense is coming from EA and not Aeria games or something?? "Bandwith"? Isnt EA one of the biggest gaming publishers in the world??
    If EA thinks the sales of BFV are bad now they will have an even bigger shock with the next title. Not having RSP now WILL push players to other titles, by the time the next title comes the players who originally left will more than likely not return.

Been playing Battlefield for over 10 years. I just cannot believe they go from Bad Company or Battlefield 3 to where we are now. How is it possible to go backwards when you did such great things from the start.

Judging from the state Battlefield has been in the last 2 years it would be better if another publisher bought DICE. And let DICE be DICE. Create masterpiece titles like before and not get rushed into quick launches and horrible decisions. Listening to the community i feel is something DICE want to do but EA don't let them.

I personally believe the same people who made bf3/4/previous titles are no longer with DICE.. The degraded quality of game shows that. EA got rid of the real talent and kept their dancing monkeys.. I mean, more favorable contributors. Sorry I meant that figuratively.

BUT, if im completely wrong yes, EA needs to let DICE be DICE..

• supamariomite
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 23

This is why I've uninstalled BFV and wont support Dice and EA with BFV because new patches aren't tested and brings in new bugs or enhances old bugs, The terrible anti-cheat and no RSP.
    Post edited by supamariomite on
  • NLBartmaN
    3696 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    All the mess started with the reveal trailer and Live reveal show, it was clear from day 1 that some very controversial and illogical (design) decisions were made that would without a doubt hurt sales and with that the quality of the game.

The combination of Battlefield, WW2, unknown battles, almost unlimited payed customizations (with this politics) and BR is an impossible one within 1 game and totally not matching.

Add to that technical illogic decision as only Amazon virtual servers for hosting and you get the poor performance we are seeing.

All these decisions made with hoping for maximizing profit, joining hypes and not looking at what Battlefield is and what the BF customers want.

A simple reskin of BF1 with some small game/gunplay changes/additions and known battles in BF1942 style/theme and with Premium would have made a great success like BF1.
  • CrazyShini
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Very bad news from Dice... Can imagine this game without any dedicated server. Hope they can offer it soon.

Make Battlefield great again! :tired_face::smiley:
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RIP RSPs. Everything you need to know about them was in that post - they are not going to offer them because it will cost more than it makes, or it will not make X% of profit they have determined it must make.

There will be no RSPs.
  • CrashCA
    1097 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Vycinas2 wrote: »
    Great way to kill off any competitive play for clans, also no custom servers with different map rotation, oh dear lord....
    I logged in the other day to BF4 before deleting it, and all the servers for CQ/Dom/TDM were player owned. The game is 5 years old but still going strong because of proper RSP.

And has a weekend PC player count equal to BF1
  • EdwinSpangler
    1792 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    A simple reskin of BF1 with some small game/gunplay changes/additions and known battles in BF1942 style/theme and with Premium would have made a great success like BF1.

I believe this as well.. Not to mention that would be my ideal bfv..

• Hercules728
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I guess they didn't think of letting third parties offer servers . They wouldn't have to pay or set up anything . At this point who would buy the game ? The game is even more broken with the new untested patch . I guess they are happy with the launch numbers and don't want to sell additional copies . This is a business decision ? Sounds like an awful plan with no sales on the horizon .
  • Soulbreeze
    370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Half of my Clanmates have already given up on this game and now most of the rest are about to bail. We've all been complaining about maps and players who are absolute BS and ruin the game for the entire server and now we know we will never have control over any of that. I told them that this little piece of information is making me want to go back and spend my weekends on Battlefield 4 instead of 5 and I'm pretty sure they agree. Hell, we already had a BF3 throwback weekend just last weekend so we could play with our other disgruntled clanmates.
    And I believe the excuse for the no 3rd party RSP's had something to do with them not wanting to give out access to their software or something? Feel free to correct me on that, but I vaguely recall something like it.
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Soulbreeze wrote: »
    Half of my Clanmates have already given up on this game and now most of the rest are about to bail. We've all been complaining about maps and players who are absolute BS and ruin the game for the entire server and now we know we will never have control over any of that. I told them that this little piece of information is making me want to go back and spend my weekends on Battlefield 4 instead of 5 and I'm pretty sure they agree. Hell, we already had a BF3 throwback weekend just last weekend so we could play with our other disgruntled clanmates.
    And I believe the excuse for the no 3rd party RSP's had something to do with them not wanting to give out access to their software or something? Feel free to correct me on that, but I vaguely recall something like it.

BF3 was a solid game. Karkand!
  • Axlerod1
    1382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This is why I did not buy BFV. EA no longer supports the PC community or any gaming community for that matter. I can no longer support them after the fiasco called BF1.

Like I have been saying for a long time. EA does not want RSP in BFV. The did not want it in BF1 but caved at the last minute to appease the PC player base.

Now I have heard that the player base in BFV is approximately 5500 players average. Considering BF4 still has that many players still and BF1 is now falling just short of that then I am going to say the EA failed the community.

Any RSP like BF1 will not help keep BFV alive. I is another Battlefield Hardline at this point.
    Would 3rd party rentable servers help with procon? I doubt it. Too little content even for half price considering this was a half hearted attempt at a video game.

Bring on battlefield 2020. I am skipping Star Wars Battlefront 3 in October like most others will. Maybe by the end of 2020 EA will have their heads out of the rear ends and actually make a video game we will all want to buy.
  • -Antares65z
    1670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ......... I am skipping Star Wars Battlefront 3 in October like most others will. Maybe by the end of 2020 EA will have their heads out of the rear ends and actually make a video game we will all want to buy.

We know for a fact that they are putting out SWBF3 later in 2019? I was hoping they would ditch it and focus on something like Bad Company 3, like they have said they plan on revisting at some point.

• Staazvaind
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    alienstout wrote: »
    BF3 was a solid game. Karkand!

Karkand ! <3

i m actually making my own version of it (artistic freedom !) :D

https://www.indiedb.com/games/democrazy
  • alienstout
    Now I have heard that the player base in BFV is approximately 5500 players average.

What?? It can't be that bad can it?

• Staazvaind
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 23
    alienstout wrote: »
    Now I have heard that the player base in BFV is approximately 5500 players average.

What?? It can't be that bad can it?

it can. [edit: but i think thats rather unlikely]
    whenever i play with clan-mates its not seldom we say "oh no, not this or that player again".
  • nutcrackr
    213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's hard to believe DICE continue to go backwards in some areas. They practically shoot themselves in the foot.
  • Faylum
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've lately been getting a craving for BF1, i don't like its gunplay compared with BFV because the lack of spotting is better but a game of operations DONE RIGHT is so enjoyable. BFV is basically the same thing every time i log on. The grinding gun talent trees with no CC money to spend is beyond frustrating but whats more the game just doesn't have any heart. especially the breakthrough mode, which i was so eager to play. The fact that there is no progression just makes it so lifeless.
    The scary thing here is that it would appear like BFV 'live service' has ended. There hasn't been anything announced that anyone cares about and whats more the fixes for bugs is released almost like it was content. We should be satisfied that week because there was 2 bug fixes and the introduction of 5 new ones.
    WHERE IS THE LIIIIVEEEE SERVICE?
  • DFM-BagofPoo
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I guess this is it for me.

EA is a classless organization, emphasizing cheaters, racists, and malevolent players, over adminned servers.

EA traded in a few badmins, for a sea of malicious players. My friends and I are NOT supporting Battlefield anymore. There are a few other games coming soon, which support communities and rental servers.

Goodbye and good riddance, EA!
  • jun03NZ
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Our Platoon raised money for a server. now its stuck in a PSN wallet that we cant get refunded. Wouldnt a Rental Server Programme MAKE MONEY?!?!?