BFV dedicated servers

Comments

• Axlerod1
    1329 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I leave it to the media like Bloomberg, Forbes, CNBC and others to do the fact checking.
    Again, I believe these facts to be true.

If you care to elaborate on what EA has lied about especially with Rental Server Program, I would be interested in hearing it.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1011 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    I leave it to the media like Bloomberg, Forbes, CNBC and others to do the fact checking.

If you care to elaborate on what EA has lied about especially with Rental Server Program, I would be interested in hearing it.

One slight detail, which doesn't negate the main argument you make, is that in the phone interview, one of the guys stated, "More than 27 million fans have played our Battlefield games this fiscal year to date," and that was in the discussion of BFV. It is a bit misleading.
  • alienstout
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

One slight detail, which doesn't negate the main argument you make, is that in the phone interview, one of the guys stated, "More than 27 million fans have played our Battlefield games this fiscal year to date," and that was in the discussion of BFV. It is a bit misleading.

Misleading yes, but still factual.
  • CrashCA
    830 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Counts for BF4 and BF1 are so close, suddenly BattlefieldTracker lost access to player counts.
  • Staazvaind
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dice should leave EA asap and start being what they were b4
  • Metal_Jockets
    238 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Staazvaind wrote: »

Mmmm.. wouldn't it be nice!!
  • EdwinSpangler
    1664 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

EA already grew their roots deep into dice.. I think its safe to assume DICE is made up of EA "favorites", I guess you could say..
  • alienstout
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Yeah and Chevy should leave GM. That's on the same level as what you are saying. They are the same thing, DICE/EA are the same - they can't break up. EA can dissolve DICE, that's about it.
  • Axlerod1
    1329 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Actually that is incorrect. DICE was bought by EA and DICE could be sold off. Many companies have done that.

To bad DICE doesn't have the balls to stand up to EA and put out a game with features the community wants like 3rd party rental servers that can be admin controlled.
    RESPAWN stood up to EA and put out APEX LEGENDS and look at how that game is doing. I don''t even like Battle Royale but they already have 25 million players and over 100,000 concurrent players all because RESPAWN put out a game the community wanted and did it for free. Loot crates sold separately.

EA needs to stick to just publishing and let developers do what the do, produce games.
    R.I.P. RSP
  • stufz
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
  • llll-Rogue-llll
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited February 16
    @olT3lo I agree with you, Its sad but the Battlefield era as we have known it over the last 10 years + has come to an end,
    it has now evolved into a quick match linear game inspired by the console generation.
    New players coming into the game will not know what it was like before so will like it for what it is,
    This is exactly the same as what Infinity Ward did to COD in the days when you could have 32 slot servers
    I respect all the fans that have advocated for servers since before the release of BF1 (too many to list)
    This thread has become obsolete!
  • Amphybiouse
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    @olT3lo I agree with you, Its sad but the Battlefield era as we have known it over the last 10 years + has come to an end,
    it has now evolved into a quick match liner game inspired by the console generation.
    New players coming into the game will not know what it was like before so will like it for what it is,
    This is exactly the same as what Infinity Ward did to COD in the days when you could have 32 slot servers
    I respect all the fans that have advocated for servers since before the release of BF1 (too many to list)

I just hope this thread discourages as many players as possible from ever buying any EA product.
  • GUNNY1966
    655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    it has now evolved into a quick match liner game inspired by the console generation.

I just hope this thread discourages as many players as possible from ever buying any EA product.

True but it's due to the view of the developers & their sheer greed! When the FREE MARKET was in control of the servers at least one had a selection of servers which gave the different styles of gameplay & players their own choice but now that is gone! They think everyone plays the same & that's just NOT the case. Examples are knife or pistols only servers that were set up thru settings ect. ect.. Another example is like Operation Locker on a BF4 server one could work with all the kits & that's why they stayed populated for the most part & the ability to rank up a weapon much faster like LMG's for example. With no RSP & the lack of servers whom had active admins they now have it so YOU report players & that just takes from your gameplay time. Instead now your stuck watching cinematic spaws & trash like that instead of actual play time. It's sickening what they have done to the series in respect to some of the spawn in game related play not to mention the RSP. Players play in different styles & even that now has changed to where you'll see players camp to get the kills in BFV, not all but some. As for buying another EA game, I myself am going back to the old games as they at least offer something more than the BF1 or BFV! The graphics are nice but that's about it

"GOOD LUCK & BEST WISHES"
    GUNNY1966
    PC Users, If Your From The U.S. or Canada
    JOIN ME / US in TeamSpeak3
    LABEL: KILLEM & CHILLEM
    ADDRESS: 104.156.254.207:9144
    TeamSpeak3 Installation GUIDE:
    OR
    If Your NOT playing the game in TeamSpeak3 "YOUR MISSING OUT"
    NO PRO PLAYERS PLEASE!
  • Axlerod1
    edited February 16
    All of you are right.
    I would say this to everyone, do not buy the next Battlefield until the give specific details on rental servers, hosts, and admin controls.

Just don't buy it.

If ea doesn't want to give us what we want, then we as a community need to stop giving them what they want which is your money.

Still waiting for details on bfv rental servers
    Still waiting on updates to bf1 rental servers.
    Post edited by Axlerod1 on
  • Wikstone
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    WW3 and hell let loose are going to have rental servers.
  • Axlerod1
    edited March 1

Well Ali "SOON!" Hassoon is talking again. Everything he said in BF1 and SWBF2 epically failled but here you go. Let the rumors begin. If it was coming from anyone else, I would say I believe but since it is coming from him I have to laugh. When was the last time he said the truth?
  • HonorguyXNL
    559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Well Ali "SOON!" Hassoon is talking again. Everything he said in BF1 and SWBF2 epically failled but here you go. Let the rumors begin. If it was coming from anyone else, I would say I believe but since it is coming from him I have to laugh. When was the last time he said the truth?

You're late to the party mate :pensive:

Already aboned all hope again once I saw Ali "Soon" Hassoon being the one person who is in charge on this.

But the gamechangers aren't helping, the EA stock not crashing is not helping, the fact that Live Service is the mainstream business model is not helping and the sheer fact that EA compares literally all their titles to FIFA is not helping.

I am expecting the same right now as what has happened with Medal of Honor a franchise that in fact was quite healthy but not to the likings of EA.

If BF "6" does not meet the expectations then the franchise will be cancelled on order of EA. As simple as that, they will think (read assume) that people have lost interest despite that likely to be untrue.

There is also this simple issue that many companies now have that is as follows

Investmens = decreased profits for a while with high risk and unknown reward. Companies are no longer willing to take huge gambles. The Apex Legends article about the development proves that. EA did not want to invest into Apex as they simply did not see how that game would be a succes. Respawn Entertainment was certain of what they were doing and here we are, it worked. They pulled it off. How did EA respond? Within a week there was an EA backed tournament on Twitch. EA is now literally throwing money at it. Even Anthem is already being ignored by EA as it failed already.

BFV and Anthem, two major titles that need post-launch fixing to bring the game to the state it should have been at launch.

Apex, where EA was told to F off and just invest and let Respawn Entertainment do their thing: no post launch fixing needed, just some bug/issue/balancing fixing that can be deemed minor.

The difference? BFV and Anthem have EA pressure on release dates and fiscal years they have to launch in.

Apex had no pressure at all.

The result speaks for itself.

Then we have the fact how EA treats development studios. It starts with introducing more and more EA developers into the studios they own or bought. After a few years the core developers of those studios are no longer happy and leave, after that EA closes the studio and moves the developers who sticked and those who were introduced into the studio in question back into EA itself. Next step, repeat process.

Which brings me to the amount of DICE devs from the Stockholm office that are leaving. Here is something more simple going on. In Stockholm a lot of development studios have made their way. For a long time DICE was the only developer with potential and size. Now there is more choice, even Ubisoft has an office there now. Result? Devs from DICE leave to simply go a new way, have a new fresh experience. For some ofcourse, the whole EA strategy may be a thing but that won't be said out loudly of course.