BFV dedicated servers

Comments

• CrashCA
    952 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 12

DICE had a meeting to discuss when they convene for another meeting to determine how they will communicate to the community that we've heard you on things which we cannot discuss at this time. More to come. Exciting!

SOON™

On a "positive" note, BF4 servers remain populated.
  • Axlerod1
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I hope they do incorporate a real rental service like what was available prior to BF1 and BFV.

I hope they continue to evolve it when and if they do.

The problem, like many have stated, it's too little too late to save this ship. It has hit the iceberg and has sunk already. Rescue is to late.
    The only thing they can do now, is build a good program to base off of for the next battlefield game.

I use to have a very large group of clan members to play with in BF4. An average night we would have over 30 people on comms playing together with a lot of other friends. We averaged 200 clan members a month playing on comms in BF4. Yes we kept track of our player base. this does not include the other 100,000 plus pubbers that use to play in our server.

Now we have about 25 people get on comms with us to play 1 of about 5 games. They have really hurt my community. A lot of my friends just stopped playing after BF4. It was not fun and has not been fun since that time.

With BF1, they had a meeting about improving RSP in that game and it was determined that it was to late to do anything and they did not do anything. I do not have my hopes for RSP in BFV. If they do bring it, it will be a half hearted attempt to appease the masses like what they did in BF1. Something so EA can, "Hey, we did something for you!" and that is all it will be. I hope I am wrong about that.
  • Wikstone
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    There is very many cloths and facepaintings in game, rental servers are not so important.
  • ShevermiN
    376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Awwww boo hoo Axle EA and DICE didn't wreck your community... please spare us your sad story. You keep demanding 3rd party servers so you can come back to Battlefield ???

I ask of the 1 to 5 games your clan still plays how many of them have 3rd party servers.... I mean I could be wrong here and you are all playing ArmA, Squad, Red Storm Rising, Counterstrike. I mean there are still alot of games out there running old school.

But if they are playing PUBG, Siege, Overwatch, Ring of Eylisum then you seem to have no issue with games with no 3rd party server support.

By the end of BF1's release the server setup was adequate for clan play. No it wasn't as extensive as procon but it was heading towards OK. If DICE continue down this path we will end up with functional custom servers and we possibly get them for free. And if we end up there then it will be a much better outcome then porcon ever was.

And Crash yes there are still BF4 servers I even played a few rounds last week. But how many of those BF4 servers are conquest and default maps only ??
    from the way the the BFV servers have been setup it appears that DICE have been learning from those of us that ran RSP throughout the life of BF1. If and when we get servers for BFV I implore those of you that want to keep personal servers going in Battlefield to get them and use them to show EA and DICE that there are numbers to justify them.
  • ChiefSniper
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TBH, I (we... our community) would be perfectly happy with the BF1-type RSP service. It was more than suitable for our needs, though I see for some that may not be the most idea case. It's better than nothing for sure though.
  • Axlerod1
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    ShevermiN wrote: »
    Awwww boo hoo Axle EA and DICE didn't wreck your community... please spare us your sad story. You keep demanding 3rd party servers so you can come back to Battlefield ???

I ask of the 1 to 5 games your clan still plays how many of them have 3rd party servers.... I mean I could be wrong here and you are all playing ArmA, Squad, Red Storm Rising, Counterstrike. I mean there are still alot of games out there running old school.

But if they are playing PUBG, Siege, Overwatch, Ring of Eylisum then you seem to have no issue with games with no 3rd party server support.

By the end of BF1's release the server setup was adequate for clan play. No it wasn't as extensive as procon but it was heading towards OK. If DICE continue down this path we will end up with functional custom servers and we possibly get them for free. And if we end up there then it will be a much better outcome then porcon ever was.

And Crash yes there are still BF4 servers I even played a few rounds last week. But how many of those BF4 servers are conquest and default maps only ??
    from the way the the BFV servers have been setup it appears that DICE have been learning from those of us that ran RSP throughout the life of BF1. If and when we get servers for BFV I implore those of you that want to keep personal servers going in Battlefield to get them and use them to show EA and DICE that there are numbers to justify them.

Like we have talked about before, there are people who are ignorant and there are people that are just plain stupid.

We both know which category you fall in...
    Enough said
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 13
    ShevermiN wrote: »

LMAO.
  • -Antares65z
    1587 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Don't mean to be OT here but is there confirmed game for next October? Please don't tell me it's going to be another Star Wars installment.
  • Axlerod1
    Don't mean to be OT here but is there confirmed game for next October? Please don't tell me it's going to be another Star Wars installment.

Star Wars Battlefront 3 for the win! LOL
    2020 is Battlefield Bad Company 3

Yeah EA is definitely screwing themselves.
  • -Antares65z
    1587 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »

Star Wars Battlefront 3 for the win! LOL
    2020 is Battlefield Bad Company 3

Yeah EA is definitely screwing themselves.

Damn. That just totally crapped on my day. So they've finally committed to a BC3? Loved BC2 and still play it every now and then. Read today that Microsoft is going to be putting out a Halo series for the PC. Maybe that will be interesting. I need a new shooter game that isn't riddled with cheats and has a browser and hopefully a RSP.
  • CrashCA
    952 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Despite all EA's claim of more communication:
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/181989/community-broadcast-001#latest
    Pretty quiet.
  • MsieurLeodagan
    351 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Wikstone wrote: »
    There is very many cloths and facepaintings in game, rental servers are not so important.

Many clans stopped playing battlefield since the removal of rental servers.
  • ShevermiN
    376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Axle mate you do realize that I actually agree with most of what you are asking for... ( except the return to 3rd party servers, but the rest of your sentiment we are on the same page) And I maybe stupid but it wasn't a rhetorical question... what games are you still playing ???

• Axlerod1
    Thanks I do appreciate The support.
    I'm playing the division. No pvp. No cheats. No bs. If I do play any pvp, Its rainbow 6 siege. Only at certain times because of players with artifical skill.
  • happydemon
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I see some users citing other games like PUBG and Overwatch as evidence that custom servers are not necessary to grow or maintain a community.

This would be a reasonable argument if Battlefield V also had competitive and ranked matchmaking support. In the context of the series that could even mean clan versus clan matchmaking. Fast, casual and unranked matchmaking is just not going to suffice in the long-term. In prior titles custom servers were utilized to fill in the gap so to speak and allow for more organized and competitive play. This was also the case with Counter-Strike for the longest time, until CSGO added competitive matchmaking. I fear DICE is making a mistake committing to ultra-casual gameplay in the hopes of mass-marketing their game. This style of play simply does not have longevity.
  • happydemon
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    alienstout wrote: »
    happydemon wrote: »
    I see some users citing other games like PUBG and Overwatch as evidence that custom servers are not necessary to grow or maintain a community.

Yeah but those games have active AC running, whereas BFV has potato.

Agreed. No doubt that decent anti-cheat is a prereq for a competitive scene. To be fair though the CS community exploded even though the game had the highest number of cheaters for the longest time - server moderators mitigated that problem quite a bit. My point was really that locked-down matchmaking can be OK for games that emphasize ranks and clans. But this isn't the case in BFV.
  • Axlerod1
    https://www.pcgamesn.com/battlefield-5/battlefield-5-rsp-update

I guess I missed this survey about RSP.