Weekly BF

BFV dedicated servers

Comments

• alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »

You're not the only one. I wonder what the criteria was for recipients of the survey?
  • PoppaPappo
    241 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

No you didn’t. There’s at least two threads in this forum right now with links to it.
  • CrashCA
    1060 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    And “The Survey” link in article takes you there
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    544 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The Survey is about BFV in general, rsp is just one question. So yeah DICE really cares about that :D
  • Axlerod1
    1380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Well with EA laying off another 350 people this post week, it's clear there current model just is not working. Time to go back to what works.

everyone knows getting RSP now is too late. Bf4 had just as many of more players than bf5. If they don't implement it now, then a lot more players won't buy the next Battlefield game. Especially after bfv went to half price a month after release. There is no incentive to pre order or even have the game on launch day.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1975 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Rent a server was cool when we legitly had clan options on battlelog for BF3. Cant remember if BF4 had it or just clan tags and that was it. But still rent a server is a waste unless your recruiting clan members and have private lobbies for a clan war. Now its a waste of money. BF3/BF4 had so many dead rent a server lobbies. I'm like that dude wasted some money. I know I wasted money on BF3. I paid the most but I was clan leader. After a while I passed the hat around for donations. Cause people were so picky and wanted what they wanted yet didn't pay a dime. I'm like well if you want admin your gonna pay for it. I can see BF5 having a rent a server yet. But be kinda of a waste for the few maps we got. Be different if we had like 5 new maps piled on. Then yeah pick the best 2 or 3 maps of all of them and increase the tickets and let r' rip.
  • Jaskaman
    663 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well with EA laying off another 350 people this post week, it's clear there current model just is not working. Time to go back to what works.

everyone knows getting RSP now is too late. Bf4 had just as many of more players than bf5. If they don't implement it now, then a lot more players won't buy the next Battlefield game. Especially after bfv went to half price a month after release. There is no incentive to pre order or even have the game on launch day.

To be honest, I do not think EA is laying off because of BFV only... Anyway it's good they finally ask about RSP, but why so late?
  • Hercules728
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jaskaman wrote: »

To be honest, I do not think EA is laying off because of BFV only... Anyway it's good they finally ask about RSP, but why so late?

NO they are laying off because of SWBF2, Titan Fall 2, Anthem, BFV, FIFA 2019, Etc.....

EA no longers listens to its customers who buy their product and now their product sales are starting to suffer. As one reported said, EA just doesn't make games that are fun to play anymore.

PC community wise, we were very active group since Battlefield began, most came on board with BF2. It was nice to have a bunch of like minded indiviuals playing together in a constantly full server with other players. RSP in BF1 killed that and we killed BFV for lack of rental servers. I guess dice and EA did not need our 200 plus active players in their game. Most of us would have preorder everything too.

They don't see the big picture . They lost a lot of sales with the mess they created in BF1 . Then they carry the same failing strategy into BFV . We are very similar out of 60 players in our group only around 7 bought BFV , the rest waited to see if we would have a server . It's too late for that now . I think there are only 3 of us still playing .
  • Axlerod1
    1380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    That is what ea wants. You are correct. The fact that there are less gamers playing bfv as compared to the amount still in Bf4 shows their logic is seriously flawed. Bf4 has more people in it than bf1 now. They did something very right in Bf4 and older games. This also shows they are doing something very wrong now.

And it's not just battlefield games that are failing. It's everything but the free to play game apex legend.
  • ChiefSniper
    169 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    and we killed BFV for lack of rental servers. I guess dice and EA did not need our 200 plus active players in their game. Most of us would have preorder everything too.
    The last I checked numbers were good. We haven't "killed" anything. Nothing is dead.

• alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    and we killed BFV for lack of rental servers. I guess dice and EA did not need our 200 plus active players in their game. Most of us would have preorder everything too.
    The last I checked numbers were good. We haven't "killed" anything. Nothing is dead.

What, you have numbers? Like active players numbers from EA for BFV?
  • SirBobdk
    4140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    alienstout wrote: »

What, you have numbers? Like active players numbers from EA for BFV?
    I was thinking the same
  • CrashCA
    1060 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BFV player count numbers are apparently "double super secret", previous titles showed up on Battlefieldtracker soon after release.

For the month after BF4 past BF1, its number vanished. They are back now showing 4 ahead by over 10% on PCs.

@ChiefSniper , where did you find any number for V ?
  • Hercules728
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If the numbers are so strong , why would they be laying people off , why would the game be discounted in half 3 weeks after launch , why don't they respond on these forums ? A few simple questions .
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CrashCA wrote: »
    BFV player count numbers are apparently "double super secret", previous titles showed up on Battlefieldtracker soon after release.

For the month after BF4 past BF1, its number vanished. They are back now showing 4 ahead by over 10% on PCs.

@ChiefSniper , where did you find any number for V ?

I've just checked the BF4 tracker, and it does seem that it's showing the playercount once again.

However, it's numbers are a bit lower than that of BF1 right now.

http://bf1stats.com/ - 6,458 players on PC
    http://bf4stats.com/ - 5,858 players on PC.

BF1 seems to be ahead on XBONE and PS4 as well, though BF4 still has a PS3 and XBOX 360 playerbase, which I can't fathom, because the PS3 version was absolutely terrible.

We still don't have BFV's numbers, as far as I'm aware.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I've just looked at the stats pages again. The 24 hour peak counts for BF4 were higher on PC, but BF1 had the advantage on XBONE and PS4. Interesting.