BFV dedicated servers

Comments

• Ceph777
    250 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    RSP with 24/7 active servers and active (good) admins may (I think it will) save this game.

The NGz (discord community https://ngz.fps.net) will have at least one server, maybe more, depends on price and options available.

Personally I can't wait for it.
  • Jaskaman
    646 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ceph_v74 said:
    RSP with 24/7 active servers and active (good) admins may (I think it will) save this game.

The NGz (discord community https://ngz.fps.net) will have at least one server, maybe more, depends on price and options available.

Personally I can't wait for it.
    Basic servers should be free, problem is that they vanish when server goes empty (like in the current BFV model).
  • Jaskaman
    646 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CrashCA said:
    Axlerod1 said:
    Ea is making a last ditch effort to save face on Battlefailed V. 

DO NOT expect lots of updates to RSP after it launches either.

Again, After 30 days, I will evaluate whether to buy the game or not. By then the game will be 9 months old. 

Or even older, as EA record on delivery is spotty.
    And if they disappear when empty, will be hard to rebuild a community.

Servers disappearing after they are empty will be problematic, if they implement favourites as it should, they also disappear From the favourites on that moment, but reappear when person is on the server. Also if server owner is the only one who can set server back online, what if server owner is not around? Should people just create more servers (as they will be free), that sounds a bit weird....
  • llll-Rogue-llll
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    As someone has said on here "too little, too late",
    This will not bring back the long standing Battlefield communities and it will not encourage me to buy into BFv
    The slippery slope started with the release of BF1 !
    I'll look at the next game in the series and see how that stands on delivery day.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1427 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jaskaman said:
    CrashCA said:
    Axlerod1 said:

Again, After 30 days, I will evaluate whether to buy the game or not. By then the game will be 9 months old. 

Servers disappearing after they are empty will be problematic, if they implement favourites as it should, they also disappear From the favourites on that moment, but reappear when person is on the server. Also if server owner is the only one who can set server back online, what if server owner is not around? Should people just create more servers (as they will be free), that sounds a bit weird....
    If server gets empty it vanishes.  But the admins do get a save feature to keep your maps and playlist and house rules pre-saved for the next server they create.  But if admins arent on daily then it means other will have to start a new serve or pay the original DICE servers we got now.  But being free i' sure the competition will be rough to populate a server let alone player counts dwindling.  Especially after summer is over.  Yeah we will have 3 new maps for regular game modes by then.  Besides who knows if and how many maps we get for Waking the Giant in the Fall.
  • SunnyTheWerewolf
    281 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm skeptic as well, but I'm surprised by the pessimism... well, not really.

To me this is great news.
  • Axlerod1
    1372 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 9
    OMG, ea is patting themselves on the back right now. Because we as a community asked for RSP, ea listened and will deliver it. EA is actually saying this!

OMG, this game should have launched with it and as a community we should not have to ask for basic features.

Let's see, ea launched a game that was worth $30 at the start. 9 months after launch, ea is "promising" to deliver features we asked for like RSP. Game value, with no player base to speak of, $5.00.
    Post edited by Axlerod1 on
  • Hercules728
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 said:
    OMG, ea is patting themselves on the back right now. Because we as a community asked for RSP, ea listened and will deliver it. EA is actually saying this!

OMG, this game should have launched with it and as a community we should not have to ask for basic features.

Let's see, ea launched a game that was worth $30 at the start. 9 months after launch, ea is "promising" to deliver features we asked for like RSP. Game value, with no player base to speak of, $5.00.
    It may be too late for this game . It should have been there at the release of the game . Oh well , I guess we will see what happens . 
  • SirBobdk
    4009 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Great news, and I look forward to it.
    But it doesn't change that most maps are garbage and classes/weapons/vehicles have serious balance problems along with countless bugs
    Hopefully new maps will be of better quality and we can have rental servers running only those and maybe 1-2 of the vanilla maps.
    However, I think it will take so long that it may be too late. DICE don't do development, they do damage control and it does not work.

• half_empty_soul
    308 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    even the best admin is useless vs wallhack/esp users
    so totally pointles, only thing that can save this game apart of more content is a WORKING anti-cheat
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I like your reaction people.

BFV releases without RSP.
    People in this thread: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE give us RSP!
    Dice announces RSP addition.
    People in this thread: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE that's not enough!

I guess you will never be satisfied like AT ALL, will you?
  • CrashCA
    1000 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    Jaskaman said:
    CrashCA said:
    Axlerod1 said:

If server gets empty it vanishes.  But the admins do get a save feature to keep your maps and playlist and house rules pre-saved for the next server they create.  But if admins arent on daily then it means other will have to start a new serve or pay the original DICE servers we got now.  But being free i' sure the competition will be rough to populate a server let alone player counts dwindling.  Especially after summer is over.  Yeah we will have 3 new maps for regular game modes by then.  Besides who knows if and how many maps we get for Waking the Giant in the Fall.

Allowing sharing of saved presets among group members, so any one of them can start it would help.

Definitely, this is good news, but given the track record here - will need to wait and see.
  • Jezzzeh
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yep. This is good news but there are certainly a lot of questions surrounding the server setup process.

Like others have said the question of getting the server started with the preferred settings by group members is interesting.

I got the impression that the server owner has this ability to do this in "phase one" of the private game rollout later this year with the addition of further "moderators" in later phases. I don't understand the delay with rolling this out.

I'd imagine that the process has much more detail than we currently have at this early stage though.
  • Wikstone
    167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Why we dont have vote down option here?
  • Wikstone
    167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I like your reaction people.

BFV releases without RSP.
    People in this thread: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE give us RSP!
    Dice announces RSP addition.
    People in this thread: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE that's not enough!

I guess you will never be satisfied like AT ALL, will you?
    Well its too late, so many players left game allready ( i uninstalled months ago ) and we know RSP dont have procon support.
  • SunnyTheWerewolf
    281 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The population probably has decreased, which happens with all games until leveling out, but I haven't had any problems finding plenty of full servers on the modes I play in EU.

I hope the "premium" version of these "private games" will allow for the server to be active even when empty, and that server owner/admins can ban cheaters and toxic players from those servers.
  • CrashCA
    1000 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 10
    There is mention of a Web Portal, remains to be seen how extensive it is.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1427 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jezzzeh said:
    Yep. This is good news but there are certainly a lot of questions surrounding the server setup process.

Like others have said the question of getting the server started with the preferred settings by group members is interesting.

I got the impression that the server owner has this ability to do this in "phase one" of the private game rollout later this year with the addition of further "moderators" in later phases. I don't understand the delay with rolling this out.

I'd imagine that the process has much more detail than we currently have at this early stage though.
    I'm sure friends or clan members can write down on a piece of paper for the exact server name for whom ever creates it all the map playlist and the house rules for the rules of HUD on or off or hardcore or core or whatever.  Or all friend's could go out and create the same server and save it and leave it empty to kill it off but have the pre-sets saved.
  • -Antares65z
    1630 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 10
    To be honest, this whole new RSP idea from EA sounds like one big fat LOSER and a waste of time. This new concept will naturally come with all sorts of bugs and issues where we'll be lucky if half of them are resolved. Why don't they just take the RSP from BF1, fix a few issues like having an unlimited ban list. I would GLADLY pay money for that instead of this latest idea. It could be available much sooner too. 
    Post edited by -Antares65z on
  • CrashCA
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »

I'm sure friends or clan members can write down on a piece of paper for the exact server name for whom ever creates it all the map playlist and the house rules for the rules of HUD on or off or hardcore or core or whatever.  Or all friend's could go out and create the same server and save it and leave it empty to kill it off but have the pre-sets saved.

Or allow sharing of presets (by email)