BFV dedicated servers

Comments

• GRAW2ROBZ
    1490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bat Battlefield Bulletin‏ @BFBulletin 13h13 hours ago

NEWS: #Battlefield V's Private Games will support all base game modes, including limited time modes and mode variants so far. Conquest. Breakthrough. Frontlines. Domination. Squad Conquest. Outpost. Rush. Grind. Fortress.

• The_Violator_NZ
    534 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The worst part of EA/Dice isn't that they ignore the community, it's that they pay attention to the most cancerous parts of the community and ignore veterans with constructive feedback.
  • Axlerod1
    1373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    There isn't much community left to ignore.
  • Jaskaman
    647 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 8
    Every kid and their mom is going to open a server....cause it's free.
    "Look Mom! I'm a server admin!"
    Yeah, I have been worrying about that ... That sounds scary....But we just have to wait and see... Anyway is good that servers are coming finally!
  • CrashCA
    1008 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sorta, kinda in September
  • Axlerod1
    1373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Coming Soon!
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jaskaman said:
    Every kid and their mom is going to open a server....cause it's free.
    "Look Mom! I'm a server admin!"
    Yeah, I have been worrying about that ... That sounds scary....But we just have to wait and see... Anyway is good that servers are coming finally!
    That represents no problem.  These free servers are temporary, they disappear as soon as they are unpopulated.  Even when permanent rented servers become available, if little Timmy gets his mom to pay for it and does a good job of running it, why should I care how old he is?  If he does a bad job, I don't return to that server, simple.  Now that I think of it, there was a BF3 server run by someone named Timmy (don't know how old he was) and it was not well run, the operator liked to micro-manage how everyone played, rules stacked on top of rules.  It was one of the very few servers I ever played that I knew I wouldn't return to because of the attitude of the operator.  On the other hand I had lots of well-run servers in my favorites list, places I played every week, I'm still in touch with some of the operators years later.

If this rented server program is set up right it could really help save BFV, but we would be fools not to realize that EA/DICE is entirely capable of messing it up just as they did in BF1.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I've just thought of another use for private servers. Someone can set up a match with 300% CQ (or some other objective based game mode) match on a map like Devastation, or even that new Metro map, which I still despise even after coming up with this idea.

The gameplay on such a server would be an awful,  nightmarish mess ... but I can finally use it to complete some of those pesky Mastery challenges! The matches would last for so long that I could inevitably do those challenges. Yes, balancing would be a problem, but eventually, I'll find the right match with the right balance.

Some awful matches in exchange for completing ridiculous assignments ... not too bad, really.
  • Axlerod1
    I've just thought of another use for private servers. Someone can set up a match with 300% CQ (or some other objective based game mode) match on a map like Devastation, or even that new Metro map, which I still despise even after coming up with this idea.

The gameplay on such a server would be an awful,  nightmarish mess ... but I can finally use it to complete some of those pesky Mastery challenges! The matches would last for so long that I could inevitably do those challenges. Yes, balancing would be a problem, but eventually, I'll find the right match with the right balance.

Some awful matches in exchange for completing ridiculous assignments ... not too bad, really.
    That will only work if:
    A - There are playing to fill the server
    B - Players can find your server
    C - Players actually want to play the mode and style

you might have a long wait
  • -Antares65z
    1635 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 16
    Rented/private servers are not going to save this game. There is far more wrong with it than just missing rented server. The lack of feeling like an authentic WW2 experience and cheaters is just the tip of the iceberg. I don't play BF5 very much not because of the cheating problem, but because the gameplay is quite frankly boring and broken with bugs and a lousy TTK.  Most of the maps are boring and there is a serious lack of new content. Private servers aren't going to fix any of this. 
    Post edited by -Antares65z on
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 said:

That will only work if:
    A - There are playing to fill the server
    B - Players can find your server
    C - Players actually want to play the mode and style

you might have a long wait
    That's rather fair. I do think there will be an audience for these sorts of servers ... BF3, BF4 and BF1 had all sorts of servers for completing assignments. There were boosting servers even, but having a large ticket count game wouldn't constitute boosting here.

If they make it hard to find custom servers, that will be a problem, but even then, there will be at least some people who are so desperate to complete these assignments that they'll go out of their way to join custom games with large ticket counts.

Let's wait and see, I suppose.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

You almost made me spray coffee all over my desk.  That is exactly what it would take for me to complete some of those assignments--Get 20 headshot kills while hipfiring while attacking an objective in one round--until I figured out how to change Special Assignments I'd already selected I thought a couple of those were going to be on my screen forever.

LOL, Metro TDM 3,000 tickets 24/7--those were the days.
  • -Antares65z
    1635 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 17
    If you want to see how successful private servers are going to be in BF5, all you have to do is look at the BF1 server browser and that will say it all. 80% of the players are on the Dice Weekly rotation servers. They're mostly QM noobs who don't give a crap about map variety and admin's keeping the peace and dropping the hammer on cheaters. The popularity of BF5 private servers will be no different. Most will continue to hit the Noob Button to find their matches and will target Dice Official servers.  They don't want to deal with kiddies kicking and banning them. You guys need to swallow that tough pill and realize that the days of highly configurable rented servers and thriving communities of friends and great gaming are gone. Money and keeping the shareholders happy is what drives the development of these games now. Not catering to the community's wishes and the loyal customers who have been buying this game since Day 1.
  • ShevermiN
    389 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you want to see how successful private servers are going to be in BF5, all you have to do is look at the BF1 server browser and that will say it all. 80% of the players are on the Dice Weekly rotation servers. They're mostly QM noobs who don't give a crap about map variety and admin's keeping the peace and dropping the hammer on cheaters. The popularity of BF5 private servers will be no different. Most will continue to hit the Noob Button to find their matches and will target Dice Official servers.  They don't want to deal with kiddies kicking and banning them. You guys need to swallow that tough pill and realize that the days of highly configurable rented servers and thriving communities of friends and great gaming are gone. Money and keeping the shareholders happy is what drives the development of these games now. Not catering to the community's wishes and the loyal customers who have been buying this game since Day 1.
    Stop blaming the game for the death of you community, they were only your friends so they could get someone kicked from your server, or paid just to jump the queue. And what loyal customers, those that broke Hardline in private servers to max out the game in a week, or the loyal customers that shouted "don't buy the game" to there whole clan. This meme that private servers saved the game might just actually be false. On PC daily peaks for BF4 players was down under 50K for most of it' life.

I would like privates servers so I can play all of the game and I'm looking forward to not paying for them.
  • StingX71
    814 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 said:
    There isn't much community left to ignore.
    Amazing how many of the same players I see on random pub servers. 
  • PvtJohnTowle
    902 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 17
    ShevermiN said:

At one point in BF4 there were over 2,500 servers, all paid for by gamers, what a pile of money that must have saved EA over the years.  I had a favorites list full of well-run servers with admins who made sure everyone had a good time because they wanted everyone to come back, and maybe donate, and maybe even join the home clan.  I'm still in touch with some of those folks years and years later--maybe you didn't make real friends while gaming, but many others did.
    You do realise that EA get paid by the GSP? Not really saving money because someone has to pay for the IP rights 
  • ShevermiN
    389 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ShevermiN said:
    Stop blaming the game for the death of you community, they were only your friends so they could get someone kicked from your server, or paid just to jump the queue. And what loyal customers, those that broke Hardline in private servers to max out the game in a week, or the loyal customers that shouted "don't buy the game" to there whole clan. This meme that private servers saved the game might just actually be false. On PC daily peaks for BF4 players was down under 50K for most of it' life.

I would like privates servers so I can play all of the game and I'm looking forward to not paying for them.
    At one point in BF4 there were over 2,500 servers, all paid for by gamers, what a pile of money that must have saved EA over the years.  I had a favorites list full of well-run servers with admins who made sure everyone had a good time because they wanted everyone to come back, and maybe donate, and maybe even join the home clan.  I'm still in touch with some of those folks years and years later--maybe you didn't make real friends while gaming, but many others did.
    I did and I'm still in touch with them as they all seem more content playing PUBG instead of BFV.  Self organizing into squads of four and on the weekends happy to run custom games on the auto servers. All happy to whine about hackers, or the lack of local servers so they play at 150+ ping.  And when I ask if they feel like coming back to BFV I just get the same old clap about not unless they get private servers ???  Or the best one, the game just doesn't have enough content as they keep playing the first map only on PUBG as they wait for the redo of that map as the next content drop.  I just don't get it.

• CrashCA
    1008 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 17
    I agree, you just don't get it.

On another note, BF4 rented servers continue to have a 50% higher player count then BF1's combined official and RSP.