BFV dedicated servers

Comments

• Axlerod1
    1373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 17
    Just don't expect much out of the RSP coming soon for BFV. The game was a failure. The live service has been a failure. The DLC's has been an epic failure.
    The road map is out, so after the fall DLC, don't get your hopes up for much of anything after that point. The game will be done as far as extra free content. You can only get so much for a over priced $30 game.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3307 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 18
    CrashCA said:
    I agree, you just don't get it.

On another note, BF4 rented servers continue to have a 50% higher player count then BF1's combined official and RSP.
    The interesting thing is that the PC playerbase for BF4 seems to be the higher of the two, but the XBOX One and PS4 playerbases of BF1 are bigger than that of BF4 at the moment.

Sources:
    http://bf4stats.com/
    http://bf1stats.com/

I wonder what makes the console playerbase prefer BF1 over BF4, though it's not as if they don't like BF4 at all.

The other interesting thing is that the BF4 playerbase is slightly boosted by the PS3 and XBOX 360 versions. Without those old gen console playerbases, BF4 has about 19,544 players at this time, whereas BF1 has about 20,115.

EDIT: Still, I'd prefer having a BF4 style RSP. Yes, there were some incredibly idiotic admins out there, but once in a while, you'd find that server that you'd play on all day.
    Post edited by Ferdinand_J_Foch on
  • CrashCA
    1008 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So who thinks, given current state of BFV,  "private servers" will arrive sometime near "after summer" ?
  • SirBobdk
    4017 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CrashCA said:
    So who thinks, given current state of BFV,  "private servers" will arrive sometime near "after summer" ?
    I'm not counting on it and it's probably also too late to save the game.
  • OskooI_007
    716 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CrashCA wrote: »

I think DICE is shooting for September.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    902 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    OskooI_007 wrote: »
    CrashCA wrote: »

I think DICE is shooting for September.

Shooting themselves in the foot just look at the current state of affairs. Will we even get the Pacific Theatre whilst the bugs continue every patch and get worse? Nobody is talking about Eastern Theatre Of WW2 Soviet Union and the Great Patriotic War. Operation Barbarossa 4 million Germans invade Soviet Union, Stalingrad or Kursk. Iconic battles.
  • ShevermiN
    389 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CrashCA said:
    Hey Crash did you win some sort of forum lucky dip and get a poster from DICE  ??

And this new map was a bit of a filler between the two Greek maps, thats why it's buggy and there has been no talk of delay of the next map due this month. 

This game is 8 months into a two year release cycle and everybody has a sad face. 

• DigitalHype
    768 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CrashCA said:
    Highly unlikely it will be near the end of summer 2019. With the only official information on timeline reading "after this summer" they covered themselves with the lawyer-speak. 40 years later would still be "after this summer".
    I will not be surprised if  we never actually get it. Or if it arrives even more watered-down than currently proposed or has some crippling limiation(s).
    Until it supports the ability to ban, I find little value in it.
  • OskooI_007
    716 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In case anyone's interested in the roadmap.

bfv-towcalendarvertical-2019.jpg

BATTLEFIELD V 2019 ROADMAP: CHAPTER 4 AND CHAPTER 5
  • PvtJohnTowle
    902 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 9
    OskooI_007 wrote: »
    In case anyone's interested in the roadmap.

bfv-towcalendarvertical-2019.jpg

BATTLEFIELD V 2019 ROADMAP: CHAPTER 4 AND CHAPTER 5

Road map? More like a car crash.
    It’s already not kept due to Al Sundan not available in Conquest as per roadmap teaser. If you believe this is all going to happen as shown then I am the tooth fairy.

• ShevermiN
    389 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    EA access coming to PS4 this month, with the latest number I could find was 3.5 mil subscribers..

BF5 is free to play for all EA access subscribers, yes I know they are still paying...

The demise of EA and battlefield is much over stated and sorry but you will not be getting rental servers like you use to. EA are not here to provide you with the tools to make your own subscription based server rip off because they brought it all in house..

• ogbv
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Just got “disconnected” after a small chat with one of the white text dudes about how it was possible for me to damage a tank as a sniper. White text with obscure english and _GR after his name: “Who Do u as a snype damag tank”?

I was running the Boys AT gun just because I want to level it up to have everything checked customisation wise.

Me: I said that it can do damage to armor but it takes many hits.

Him (white text/Dice?): “wat about the tank you exploed early in the game?” 

And I said yes if it had low health it might have ruined it by the last 6 health points the Boys 

AT do. Something like that I had a bad run, far down on the scoreboard.

3 seconds later I just got disconnected.

Then I thought I might have come across a private server and had used a gun off-limit . Googled this private server option and supposedly they do not give us options for that anymore.  

I am an “old”  player (buying everything since 42 release) and have donated to many private servers over the years. Mostly british ones and sometime germans ones.

Still play a little BF4 on the servers there but I think it is crazy to hire someone that know so little about the guns in the game to moderate a match as an official Dice dude.

Wish that that the pirvate server/gameplay option is going to happen. 
  • DigitalHype
    768 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ogbv said:

Just got “disconnected” after a small chat with one of the white text dudes about how it was possible for me to damage a tank as a sniper. White text with obscure english and _GR after his name: “Who Do u as a snype damag tank”?

I was running the Boys AT gun just because I want to level it up to have everything checked customisation wise.

Me: I said that it can do damage to armor but it takes many hits.

Him (white text/Dice?): “wat about the tank you exploed early in the game?” 

And I said yes if it had low health it might have ruined it by the last 6 health points the Boys 

AT do. Something like that I had a bad run, far down on the scoreboard.

3 seconds later I just got disconnected.

Then I thought I might have come across a private server and had used a gun off-limit . Googled this private server option and supposedly they do not give us options for that anymore.  

I am an “old”  player (buying everything since 42 release) and have donated to many private servers over the years. Mostly british ones and sometime germans ones.

Still play a little BF4 on the servers there but I think it is crazy to hire someone that know so little about the guns in the game to moderate a match as an official Dice dude.

Wish that that the pirvate server/gameplay option is going to happen. 

That wasn't an official DICE person. If the username was grey and text white, they were just a player spectator. DICE in no way actively polices its game servers. Your disconnect was just coincidence.
  • Metal_Jockets
    247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Its interesting to note that Modern Warfare is claiming dedicated servers a launch .. it'll be interesting to see what type of dedicated servers their going to introduce.. only time will tell.

• SunnyTheWerewolf
    288 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What they mean by a "dedicated server" is the key to that statement.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Its interesting to note that Modern Warfare is claiming dedicated servers a launch .. it'll be interesting to see what type of dedicated servers their going to introduce.. only time will tell.

They've had dedicated servers since 2003 ( CoD 1). Not sure what you're trying to get at. BF has had dedicated server since 2001 (BF1942).

Dedicated server means a client isn't the host (listen server .. host and client ...aka peer 2 peer). You can run multiple "dedicated" game servers on a single box. You can run multiple different game servers on a single physical box.
  • SunnyTheWerewolf
    288 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SunnyTheWerewolf said:

Dedicated server means a client isn't the host (listen server .. host and client ...aka peer 2 peer). You can run multiple "dedicated" game servers on a single box. You can run multiple different game servers on a single physical box.

That is what I was alluding to in my comment, which is why I don't get the title of this thread.

It seems many use the term "dedicated server" when they are talking about user controlled rented servers, and not the alternative to p2p hosting, which, AFAIK, COD used at some point in time.
  • -Antares65z
    1636 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I wonder what the chances are that it will support the X4 extreme+ mod. lol.  That one was a lot of fun to play with.