BFV dedicated servers

Comments

• Metal_Jockets
    247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SunnyTheWerewolf said:
    What they mean by a "dedicated server" is the key to that statement.

Dedicated server means a client isn't the host (listen server .. host and client ...aka peer 2 peer). You can run multiple "dedicated" game servers on a single box. You can run multiple different game servers on a single physical box.

That is what I was alluding to in my comment, which is why I don't get the title of this thread.

It seems many use the term "dedicated server" when they are talking about user controlled rented servers, and not the alternative to p2p hosting, which, AFAIK, COD used at some point in time.
    What I'm hoping for is a RSP.. 
    My last COD game I bought was the last title they had a RSP.. not sure if it was WoW or Black Ops ..could be totally wrong, some time has past..

• Metal_Jockets
    247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I wonder what the chances are that it will support the X4 extreme+ mod. lol.  That one was a lot of fun to play with.   

I believe that the new title will have cross platforms .. PS Xbox and PC together ..I'm not sure how that'll work?
  • Rev0verDrive
    6722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    SunnyTheWerewolf said:
    What they mean by a "dedicated server" is the key to that statement.

Dedicated server means a client isn't the host (listen server .. host and client ...aka peer 2 peer). You can run multiple "dedicated" game servers on a single box. You can run multiple different game servers on a single physical box.

That is what I was alluding to in my comment, which is why I don't get the title of this thread.

It seems many use the term "dedicated server" when they are talking about user controlled rented servers, and not the alternative to p2p hosting, which, AFAIK, COD used at some point in time.

CoD uses P2P for self hosted games. In the last CoD game if you didn't have a server nearby they'd create a group in MM and the best ping would host. But they did have dedicated servers for the majority of players.

As for this thread ... it's about getting Rental servers. This I believe was clarified on the first page.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I wonder what the chances are that it will support the X4 extreme+ mod. lol.  That one was a lot of fun to play with.   
    Had that mod on one of my CoD4 servers.
  • -Antares65z
    1635 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Had that mod on one of my CoD4 servers.
    I used it on a few CoD servers. One was a Bolt Rifles Only server in World at War where I was able to remove the weapons I didn't want included. It was a good mod and provided a lot of customization options. 
  • ShevermiN
    389 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 10
    Axlerod1 said:
    I think Activision smells blood in the water. They are going after the upset battlefield community.

If they released admin controlled rentable servers then that will really put a hurt to what's left in battlefield and regain a pc player base for cod.

I am following this closely.

Interesting that Activision is starting to make a lot of promises the ea left unfulfilled.
    Activision's record on promises to the PC community with regards to  the COD series over the past 5 years is there to see.

And it is not that impressive, they hail ultrawide support as a plus ???, uncapped framerates ??   these are their selling points. A bunch of morons excited by a flashy trailer, since when has COD in game ever looked as good as one of it's trailers.
  • Metal_Jockets
    Axlerod1 said:
    I think Activision smells blood in the water. They are going after the upset battlefield community.

If they released admin controlled rentable servers then that will really put a hurt to what's left in battlefield and regain a pc player base for cod.

I am following this closely.

Interesting that Activision is starting to make a lot of promises the ea left unfulfilled.
    Yep.. couldn't agree with you more..now is the time for Activison to strike .. it makes perfect sense.. 

If they do cease this opportunity it'll be a win-win for the gaming community.  (fingers crossed)

• Jaskaman
    647 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    CrashCA said:
    So who thinks, given current state of BFV,  "private servers" will arrive sometime near "after summer" ?
    I'm not counting on it and it's probably also too late to save the game.
    I agree is way too late but it's better than none. Have to wait and see (maybe end of September)? 
  • CrashCA
    1006 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SOON™
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe for PC.  But cant picture RSP for consoles for COD.  COD seems to have quick join P2P.  So with no server browser to manually look at each to click the server you want then no RSP.  Maybe a private one for clan matches.  But then it be password.
  • impulsive_tango
    200 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well from what I have gathered cod is just another BF5.
  • Beat_Mangler80
    512 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've been asking about this since before the game was release, kept getting the 'We aren't talking about that now' response when we pushed hard enough to get a response.
    I love how any EA game trailer on Youtube now has a very high voted comment recommending everyone NEVER pre-order from EA again.
    I've been so offended and ripped off like so very many others, I look forward to seeing the sting that they have created come back to bite them real hard. It's in the post that's for sure. 
  • opsis_1
    182 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    At this late in the game it's more of an insult. I say just keep it and shove it up your.,.you know what. Lesson learned...now put that development time towards BC3. 
  • CrashCA
    1006 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Same here, never pre order
  • Axlerod1
    1373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited August 21
    https://i.redd.it/k8va4q62bnh31.jpg

Best tweet ever from ea /dice!
    There is a god.
    Now maybe we can get someone to get very real admin tools with real servers and get battlefield back on track.

• S1n31ra
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SOON™

Because it's worth repeating.
  • COBRA-KABANNA
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Axlerod1 said:
    https://i.redd.it/k8va4q62bnh31.jpg

Best tweet ever from ea /dice!
    There is a god.
    Now maybe we can get someone to get very real admin tools with real servers and get battlefield back on track.

What was so important about him working at DICE?