BFV dedicated servers

Comments

• Nateoxide
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    surely they have got to announce something soon about this? With out this the game is dead with in 6 months.
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2018
    Not having to deal with chat spam, garbage connections, grieving and such are my reasons for wanting RSP.

Can I play in ur server. Like in bf4.
  • 0ld_yell0w
    411 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CrashCA wrote: »
    So, EA fails to provide servers after a fixed period of time and all that is left are community paid for servers. Without these"crappy community" servers, you would have no where to play. You want to dictate to those providing them how they are set up, I suggest pay for your own.

So it's ok for server owner to enforce the rules on others because he owns the server? Right?
    But why is it completely not ok for EA to enforce the rules on server owners regarding what they can and can't do because EA owns the system?
    Seems like a gigantic hyporcisy to me.

Theres muliple threads here on forum about how to report a server, but as with their AC no one knows if and what really happens to those reported.
  • RRedux
    687 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    All I want is separate server zone for eastern europe.
  • Reverend-1313
    178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    So, EA fails to provide servers after a fixed period of time and all that is left are community paid for servers. Without these"crappy community" servers, you would have no where to play. You want to dictate to those providing them how they are set up, I suggest pay for your own.

So it's ok for server owner to enforce the rules on others because he owns the server? Right?
    But why is it completely not ok for EA to enforce the rules on server owners regarding what they can and can't do because EA owns the system?

So...
    -EA removes official servers...
    -Only custom servers remain
    -you don't like the rules or people on the servers left

So your decision is that nobody should be able to play. This is literally "i'm taking my ball and going home" What a selfish little ****.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5779 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

So...

So your decision is that nobody should be able to play. This is literally "i'm taking my ball and going home" What a selfish little ****.

I bet the amount of tears you'll produce in October will be enough to fill the ocean when EA announce nothing new regarding RSP.
  • llll-Rogue-llll
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

So...

I bet the amount of tears you'll produce in October will be enough to fill the ocean when EA announce nothing new regarding RSP.

I think you are right that there will not be any real changes to the RSP, That's why our community have given up on BF after 13 years, and following closely the release of World War 3 by The Farm 51, looks like this title could fill the void BF have left behind, looks promising so far......
  • Amphybiouse
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

Also ban every weapon that makes you upset. Put limits on vehicles and their spawns, class limits and so on.
    RSP system is purely made for crybabies who can't play vanilla game.

yet the populated servers almost never seem to abuse those...I wonder why...
    oh, right, probably because we, as players, choose to populate the servers without those crazy rules.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bf4 is still very much alive.

I think though that's one reason why DICE doesn't want RSPs.
  • SirBobdk
    4301 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Amphybiouse wrote: »
    How is the player base.
    I am considering uninstalling BF1 and installing BF4.
    I'm tired of playing where most of the players either don't want to or can't PTFO. And where all the maps ends with a team loses all the flags.
  • xenome111
    How is the player base.
    I'm tired of playing where most of the players either don't want to or can't PTFO. And where all the maps ends with a team loses all the flags.

Bf4 is dead now..
    5 months ago it was still alive with 2 or more servers and also only vanilla maps.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    xenome111 wrote:
    Bf4 is dead now..
    5 months ago it was still alive with 2 or more servers and also only vanilla maps.

Your server browser must be broke. NA has quite a few servers up and full for Norm and Hardcore.

Side note someone said there were still official servers in BF4?!?!? Official as in the server type (limited settings changes vs ranked) or as in EA/DICE servers?

As far as I know EA/DICE shutdown all of their servers almost 2 years ago....might be 3 actually.
  • impulsive_tango
    202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How is the player base.

I play all most every night and find dervers populated. Some even with waiting times. Its a long way from dead.
  • xenome111
    edited July 2018
    xenome111 wrote:
    Bf4 is dead now..

Your server browser must be broke. NA has quite a few servers up and full for Norm and Hardcore.

Side note someone said there were still official servers in BF4?!?!? Official as in the server type (limited settings changes vs ranked) or as in EA/DICE servers?

As far as I know EA/DICE shutdown all of their servers almost 2 years ago....might be 3 actually.

In my region which is Asia.
    And also ure right it is broken so I use the battle log.
  • Jaskaman
    671 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Out of curiosity. Why is RSP so important to have in the game?
    Admin controlled servers, without racistic/terrible language. Clean environment to play. Obvious hackers can be banned. (Like a guy 2 weeks ago having constant mortar without any delay / damage hack). Or sometimes same medic teleporting to revive you wherever you get killed (even it sounds nice but not fair play) etc.
    Same ppl playing on friendly neighbourhood server, clan/community supported game. More varietly (if we can get more options than for BF1) to the servers.
    As a community supporting Battlefield, we have had servers for BF3, BF4, BFH and now a server for BF1.
    We are committed to have a server for the game we support. If we can't do it, how we can support the game? I do not want to play in Official servers only.
  • Jaskaman
    671 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    Pro4TLZZ wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Out of curiosity. Why is RSP so important to have in the game?

so you can ban players that are better than you

Also ban every weapon that makes you upset. Put limits on vehicles and their spawns, class limits and so on.
    RSP system is purely made for crybabies who can't play vanilla game.

I do not want to start to comment about this false statement too much, but I can say this: If you like the servers with hackers and no limitations and with bad language, please play in official servers only instead commenting like this!!!!" Let us play in clean environment (=Community servers with admin control) with the next title. Thank you!
  • Jaskaman

So...

I do not understand people like you. Pls do not come to dictate here that we can't have RSP/admin controllable servers with clean chat & friendly environment, same people gathering together and obvious hackers will be removes because YOU do not like them.

Do you know you have an option to play in Official servers, you do NOT have to join Community servers, you do understand this right?

I dont know why having OPTION for the people who wants to play only in Community servers (like me) instead of official servers is bothering you so much that you have to stay on this thread commenting against community servers?

So I ask again: You do understand that NO one is FORCING you to play in Community/ clan servers right? You can play with other people thinking same as you in Official servers even we including me wants to play ONLY in Community servers.

BF has always been a community&clan game. They nearly killed BF communities and clans with BF1, so hopefully this situation will go better. Thank you.