BF1942 maps in BF5

Vespervin
1195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited May 2018
What maps would you like to see remade in BF5? I wouldn't mind seeing...

1. Invasion of the Philippines < one of my favourites.
2. Battle of Britain
3. Battle of the Bulge
4. Kharkov
5. Stalingrad
6. Berlin
7. El Alamein
8. Gazala
9. Tobruk

Hmm... now that I think about it I guess I would've just preferred a remade BF1942 lol.

Comments

• doctorrocktor
    1672 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They have to have battle of britain,that map was great fun.battle of the bulge and i wouldn't mind seeing the failed attack on the port of dieppe.
  • Zviko0
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    Yep, I'd be fine if they just remade BF1942 too. ;) I want all of the maps, changed or not, especially Wake Island, Guadalcanal, El Alamein. These can remain unchanged, I liked these the most.
  • Vespervin
    1195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ploodovic wrote: »
    Wake Island or riot ;)

Oh yeah! We need Wake Island again.
  • AiRJacobs
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Wake Island! It was THE FIRST Battlefield map ever. You can't do a WWII Battlefield shooter without it. Heck, it was even in Battlefield 2142, even though the game didn't take place in the Pacific.
  • Soporific1
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Vespervin wrote: »

2. Battle of Britain
    3. Battle of the Bulge
    4. Kharkov
    5. Stalingrad
    6. Berlin
    7. El Alamein
    8. Gazala
    9. Tobruk

Hmm... now that I think about it I guess I would've just preferred a remade BF1942 lol.

There will be never in the history of gaming a better game than BF1942: Invasion of the Philippines. But I would sell my soul to see it played again on a 24/7 server. Use the original height maps, just update the looks.

I will hold East with a buddy sniper and a flak gun once again!
  • Vespervin
    Soporific1 wrote: »

2. Battle of Britain
    3. Battle of the Bulge
    4. Kharkov
    5. Stalingrad
    6. Berlin
    7. El Alamein
    8. Gazala
    9. Tobruk

There will be never in the history of gaming a better game than BF1942: Invasion of the Philippines. But I would sell my soul to see it played again on a 24/7 server. Use the original height maps, just update the looks.

I will hold East with a buddy sniper and a flak gun once again!

Yup! IOTP - exactly the same but just updates appearance would be perfect.
  • MLDBubbles2143
    636 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If Wake Island then do not mess it up like they did Strike at Karkand.
  • JediMastaWyn
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MartinBabl wrote: »

:o What was wrong with the Strike at Karkand remake?
  • MLDBubbles2143
    636 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Smaller, not the same gameplay, a stain to the memory of Strike of Karkand in Battlefield 2
  • DisguisedMike
    418 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wake Island or riot ;)

Do we really need Wake Island again?

I talked about this with a couple of my friends the other day and most of us agreed that Wake Island is not a great map. Some of you might not agree but for me Wake Island is an example of very average map design, there's nothing special about that map. I'm sure there's better maps than this that would deserve a remake.
  • Reverend-1313
    178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    the original 1942 map was a great map. The remakes have gotten worse because they were smaller relative to the weapons and optics you could use. They just need to make it a little bigger to account for whatever optics you are going to use.

That being said, the 1942 version of the map was a lot larger then the level being played at EA Play. So i dont know if they want to make a map that big right now. The ADHD kiddos get bored too easily on bigger maps.
  • Noodlesocks
    1869 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Conquest Assault wasn't designed for players being able to spawn on squad members and vehicles. In BF3 all it took was for one APC or any one person to get through the front line and you would potentially have entire squads or the entire team spawning behind the front and the whole frontline design of the mode broke down.

Not to say it didn't happen in the older games but with players only being able to spawn on flags and squad leaders and SL only being able to spawn on flags, they lines were always readily apparent and there was much less chance of the 'spawn anywhere whack a mole' gameplay we have today.

If they do bring Conquest Assault maps back, I do hope they change the spawning rules for it and have SL spawning on.
  • MLDBubbles2143
    Wake Island or riot ;)

I talked about this with a couple of my friends the other day and most of us agreed that Wake Island is not a great map. Some of you might not agree but for me Wake Island is an example of very average map design, there's nothing special about that map. I'm sure there's better maps than this that would deserve a remake.

Did you play Battlefield 1942, 2?
  • GrizzGolf
    735 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Wake Island will show up at some point
  • trip1ex
    4150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited July 2018

Conquest Assault wasn't designed for players being able to spawn on squad members and vehicles. In BF3 all it took was for one APC or any one person to get through the front line and you would potentially have entire squads or the entire team spawning behind the front and the whole frontline design of the mode broke down.

Not to say it didn't happen in the older games but with players only being able to spawn on flags and squad leaders and SL only being able to spawn on flags, they lines were always readily apparent and there was much less chance of the 'spawn anywhere whack a mole' gameplay we have today.

If they do bring Conquest Assault maps back, I do hope they change the spawning rules for it and have SL spawning on.

"Whack a Mole Gameplay" I love it!!! I'm going to steal that and use it as my own. IT's so much how the Conquest plays now.

And great pts about the differences between CQA back then and CQA now.
  • DisguisedMike
    418 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wake Island or riot ;)

Did you play Battlefield 1942, 2?

No I never played those games. The only experience I had with Wake Island is in BF3 on Xbox360. Maybe that's the reason why I didn't like it too much. I still had fun playing as an attack helicopter pilot but when you're on the ground that map is probably a lot more interesting with 64 players.

I might enjoy it more in BFV just for that reason but I would prefer to play on maps that I never saw. There's many maps in BF1942 and BF2 that a lot of players that started with BFBC never got the chance to experience and those are the maps that I would like DICE to remake.
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Wake Island is played out. Didnt really enjoy its last iteration (was that BF4?) as much as the 1943 version, which for a simple game was actually really fun.

I'd love to see some of these other 1942 maps that I've never gotten to play. As I was just reading about in another thread, it does seem that the big vehicle maps are being phased out of the series which is a shame since thats what first drew me to the series and what differentiates it from the multitude of FPS games out there. So yes please give me a classic DLC pack with 4 huge vehicle maps from 1942
  • StingrayX
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    #BringBackWakeIsland
  • trip1ex
    4150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited July 2018
    don't care about remaking any map. Not going to be the same.

want i'd really want is an updated 1942 with the same look but updated animations and some updated effects and netcode and a few other things. And then support it so you can tweak it as needed. That's the beauty of keeping the graphics barebones in 2018 like they were in 2002 plus would run like a dream on anything.