Fixes you hope to see in Battlefield V

Comments

• 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I hope they fix all the whining little (censored) players. Would be a tremendous help.
  • olavafar
    2238 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Movement! All these new moves worries me given DICE ability to handle movement in the past. Generally it is fine of course but all those moments of not making it over a lodge/stone/whatever or hopelessly jumping up and down outside a window while you get shot at... well we all know the feeling. Horses gave this a new dimension in BF1 and I fear what we will get in BFV.

The tradition is long and I think Dads Army internally coined the term 'Battlefield getting stuck simulator' (our term is in Swedish so this was just a direct translate) many versions ago. Just yesterday two Dads got stuck under the water mill wheel at A flag on the Soissons map (not directly related to movement though but fun as the second spawned on the first already stuck one).
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    Not really a fix, but I would love to see Dice create a PC version of Battlefield, built from the ground up specifically for the PC.

What makes PC users so special? Each platform has it's problems, why do you think you are throne gods?

Games tend to play quite differently on PC in terms of balance. Guns that are OP on PC weren't necessarily OP on console and vice versa. Consoles and PC should certainly be balanced separately.

Besides that, there's a lot more potential power to tap into when it comes to graphics with PC gaming.

It has nothing to do with being "throne gods."

As to why they won't balance/build for PC separately, even though it would certainly be a great thing imo as a PC player, there simply aren't enough PC players anymore for them to really care. Battlefield started out as a PC game, but nowadays consoles are certainly a lot more popular and profitable.

As for the topic, I'd just like if they actually spent time to fix annoying, non-gamebreaking, bugs such as the revive bugs or scope glint through objects in BF1. DICE seems to be really lazy, or simply unwilling/unable, when it comes to fixing such bugs.

I'd also prefer if their DLC release schedule is more consistent and faster than it was in BF1.
  • DogRoyal
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Eventhius wrote: »
    1) Prevention's from people camping in vehicles - i.e have a minimum number of solider spawns before you can operate a vehicle again

2) No Internal repairs for vehicles, unless the passenger in an airplane (prevent being able to move seats in an airplane)

3) No Rocket Truck, or Morumets stupidity where you can rack up tonnes of kills off the screen or without effort... Morumets is destroying Operations with suicide runs

4) No Demolitions / Assault Class - e.g bring back the grenadier perk, and remove having grenade in an equipment slot... and no Anti Tank Rocket Gun Sniper Rifle which is more accurate than a modern day RPG

5) Reduce stacks of dynamite to prevent spam

6) Remove the Camera from the Mortar Rounds...

7) Improve Server Refresh Rate to 90Hz +

8) Bring back full weapon customisation like Battlefield 4

All of this. Perfectly put.
  • URMOMZNUTS
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Parkinson bug. Most annoying thing for me in BF1
  • Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DogRoyal wrote: »
    1) Prevention's from people camping in vehicles - i.e have a minimum number of solider spawns before you can operate a vehicle again

2) No Internal repairs for vehicles, unless the passenger in an airplane (prevent being able to move seats in an airplane)

3) No Rocket Truck, or Morumets stupidity where you can rack up tonnes of kills off the screen or without effort... Morumets is destroying Operations with suicide runs

4) No Demolitions / Assault Class - e.g bring back the grenadier perk, and remove having grenade in an equipment slot... and no Anti Tank Rocket Gun Sniper Rifle which is more accurate than a modern day RPG

Agree except number 1 might be a problem. Some people would die intentionally just to get there faster and that's a problem because it'll lose the team a lot of tickets. I'd suggest a timer or something like that.
  • DogRoyal
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    DogRoyal wrote: »

Agree except number 1 might be a problem. Some people would die intentionally just to get there faster and that's a problem because it'll lose the team a lot of tickets. I'd suggest a timer or something like that.

True that. Counting from death, or you should just be prevented from spawning in the following one or two vehicle spawns if you spawn as first person in a tank/apc-type/plane.
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No more clientside weather, hell no more fog period

The first time I noticed I had fog and the rest of my squad had not I was totally shocked .. like WTF!
    That seriously needs to be fixed !

Fog can stay for me, it adds an extra dimension and different gameplay and is "realistic"

What I really hope to see is a fix for the latency problems and lagcompensation, that was my biggest problem with BF1.
  • azelenkin0306
    565 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    • Remove Sniper Sweet spot or make sniping harder (weapon sway, hold breath and etc.) without these dancing Scouts, making headshots at >100m
    • Reduce hipfire accuracy
    • Revert back to TTK1.0 and make weapons weapons, not laser rifles
    • Remove self-repair for planes and vehicles
    • Limited number of shells and bombs for planes. Machine gun ammo can be unlimited with overheat. Planes and tanks must resupply bombs and shells on base (tanks can do it on Flags)
    • Remove 3rd person view for vehicles. Or at least prevent shooting while in 3rd person view
    • Reduce Splash radius for all the explosives
    • More Kaiserschlacht-like and less Gallipoli and Galicia-like Operations
    • Frontlines on all maps (but I guess it's already)
    • Server performance: it's really bad in EU during 32vs32 Operations
    • Provide more cover to Stationary guns, especially for Heavy Machine guns. Now it's just a invitation to be headshotted
  • cougaaar
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hardcore

BF1 killed hardcore- players were forced to play a new style. There was nothing wrong with BF4 hardcore setup. Hopefully they will bring the BF4 setup back to get hardcore going again. Just incorporate BF1 setting as options.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11591 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not really a fix, but I would love to see Dice create a PC version of Battlefield, built from the ground up specifically for the PC.

What makes PC users so special? Each platform has it's problems, why do you think you are throne gods?

Nobody said anything about anybody being special. But you and your toy game boxes hold back innovation. Were ready for upgrades. Your not even close.

Frustrating... So frustrating. Someday you will understand.
    There are so many reasons to not play on pc.

Ping cap. It was delicious before it was taken from us.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I would really like to see a fix to the server browser (which has been broken since BF4.) Really tired of having my filter set properly to show everything in my region and it will display something like this:

Map | Players
    Amiens 64/64[5]
    Argonne Forest 64/64[3]
    Suez 64/64[2]
    Ballroom Blitz 64/64[2]
    Amiens 64/64
    Fao Fortress 63/64
    Argonne Forest 48/64
    Fao Fortress 33/64
    Empires Edge 3/64
    Sinai Desert 0/64
    Monte Grappe 0/64
    Suez 0/64

*Notice how it drops from full servers to nothing with only a couple of non-full populated servers.
  • KenMastersESFF
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    An accurate depiction of WW2
    No snap auto aim
    #nevergoingtohappen
  • Ziggerzatch
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    • Remove Sniper Sweet spot or make sniping harder (weapon sway, hold breath and etc.) without these dancing Scouts, making headshots at >100m
    • Reduce hipfire accuracy
    • Revert back to TTK1.0 and make weapons weapons, not laser rifles
    • Remove self-repair for planes and vehicles
    • Limited number of shells and bombs for planes. Machine gun ammo can be unlimited with overheat. Planes and tanks must resupply bombs and shells on base (tanks can do it on Flags)
    • Remove 3rd person view for vehicles. Or at least prevent shooting while in 3rd person view
    • Reduce Splash radius for all the explosives
    • Provide more cover to Stationary guns, especially for Heavy Machine guns. Now it's just a invitation to be headshot

I would tend to add this to my list with a few exceptions:

a) I don't think the Sniper sweet spot should be removed, but the sway when moving and looking through a scope should be huge and almost uncontrollable. There should be a risk of standing still to make the perfect shot for the reward.

b) I love the idea of meaningful control points, such as an 'Ammo Depot' which is used to re-arm soldiers and vehicles... Re-arming a plane is a lot more difficult. Imagine a communications bunker where you could rain down artillery or something.

The other things to consider are some of there bad ideas for gameplay in Battlefield V already, that should exist.

1) Only Medics should be able to revive

2) Character customisation is great, but needs to take in the genre, and the setting - I don't want no rainbow coloured unicorns running around in WW2

• NLBartmaN
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

Ping cap. It was delicious before it was taken from us.

Yeah please this!
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    TickTak77 wrote: »
    oof14346 wrote: »
    For me, it's the loading times. They were horrendous in Bf1. It's what drove many people into buying an external or SSD. I hope DICE has optimized the engine to alleviate load times. Any other fixes you'd like to see?

I randomly went back to play Battlefield Hardline last night - I was shocked at how quickly the load-ins were for that game.

From main menu to Quick Match, into a match at the spawn screen, all within like a minute or two.

BF1? It takes like a good 4-5 minutes to get into a game.

Far too long.

Fully agree.

Something is wrong with your game or computer if it is taking this long to get into a game with free slots

Nah man it's the servers, you can get Loading Game for minutes and minutes and minutes and it's really not.
  • NLBartmaN

Nah man it's the servers, you can get Loading Game for minutes and minutes and minutes and it's really not.

All those problems are caused by the information on the server browser server is not realtime.

The server information is not directly taken from the servers, but redirected to a server browser information server.
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    cougaaar wrote: »
    Hardcore

BF1 killed hardcore- players were forced to play a new style. There was nothing wrong with BF4 hardcore setup. Hopefully they will bring the BF4 setup back to get hardcore going again. Just incorporate BF1 setting as options.

Attrition I'm sure will make the base game seem very much more hardcore.
  • DisguisedMike
    435 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hope they fix something that annoys me since BF3... If I fire a rocket at a tank and die before it hits, my rocket shouldn't magically disappear.
  • von_Campenstein
    I hope they fix something that annoys me since BF3... If I fire a rocket at a tank and die before it hits, my rocket shouldn't magically disappear.

They fixed tradekills in BF1 then cancelled it out again because snowflakes wanted clear winners, like there is never a lose lose scenario.