Concept: Heavy Support Vehicles

snavelaer
842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited June 2018
In this CONCEPT I would like to see vehicles in seperate catogories.

- Heavy Support Vehicles (new! B) )
-normal vehicles
- support vehicles

The Behemothsystem gets a extreme makeover.

Nornal vehicles can be spawned the same way as in Battlefield 1.
The Support vehicles also spawn as you are used to be. What I mean with those I explain later on.

Heavy Support Vehicles

Think of these like the; The battleships, Aircraftcarrier, Heavy Bomber.

What these vehicles have in common with Behemoths is that they have more health points than other vehicles. But the trade-off is that you can't repair the vehicle. And they are one time spawn only.

The way the behemoths now spawn is on a heavy losing team. The Heavy Support Vehicle spawns on the beginning of a new round for example. This is not a replacement for the Behomoths system for that! It is just a conceptdesign for introducing Big heavy vehicles. Behemoths can go to the dumpster.

Heavy Support Vehicles are designed to support but often due to their vulnerability need to either stay away from the frontline or need heavy protection of other assets.
Squadleaders maybe call in support from these vehicles when they are in range.
Players operating the vehicle need to make tactical descisions like....

- Do I take the battleship closer to shore with the added bonus I can shoot further in the map with the downside I come in range of artillery or other dangers?
- Do I take the aircrafcarrier closer to shore to get the planes closer and faster to the frontline and provide a better spawnpoint?
- Do I keep it safe and stay within protection of other ships?

The gameplay I would like to see of these HSV's is indeed a supportive function inststad of a vehicle that has the freedom to dominate the whole map.
While these vehicles can't make a difference on their own. They can be helpfull with teamwork.

The goal of the Heavy support vehicle is a way for the player to participate in a usefull way yet give them a change of pace. They can be left alone at anytime.
For example an AircraftCarrier could be just left alone in the sea but players could still spawn on it.

I don't want to force a team to use these assets to win the game. Than these HSV's are OP.

The normal bombers I would place in the 'normal vehicle' catagory but the Heavy Bomber in the 'Heavy Support Vehicle'. Like

Normal Vehicles

They consist of the tanks and the planes. Of any sort. Same system how it is now in Battlefield 1. Only one exception is the Heavy Bomber.
The Heavy Bomber gets moved to heavy support vehicles.

Support Vehicles

Think for example of the transport chopper(not in ww2 duh), jeep (with or without 30.cal) , quad, bike, logitruck(doesn't exist yet in the world of Battlefield)

The goal of the support vehicle is not to cause massive mayhem but support the team.
The goal of the support vehicle is a way for the player to participate in a usefull way yet not using an extremely important asset as a tank or plane.
The goal of the support vehicle is a way for the players to have a change of 'pace'.

Also you can think of instead of the transport chopper you can think of the planes with paratroopers. Or Horsaplanes (hangliders) carrying troops and even maybe equipment.

But also think of small submarines and torpedoboats :p

Greetings Snavelaer <3

p.s; You could even make it so Squadleaders can ask the Commander for any of these category vehicles with the trade-off that Heavy Support Vehicles are the most expensive and the support vehicles the cheapest.

Post edited by snavelaer on

Comments

• snavelaer
    842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hugely edited post. Additional info.
    Thanks for the feedback so far :|

TLDR;

Behemoths are gone in it's current form. Yet the heavy vehicles like the dreadnought stays in another form. Also the aircrafcarrier comes back. Think more of Heligoland where both sides get a Behemoths. Think of more like the original Battlefield 1942 but you can't repair these heavy assets anymore. They are a onetime spawn only.