EA PLAY 2018 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• snavelaer
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • incapslap
    3513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    herodes87 wrote: »
    Gameplay looks way to casual for me. No actual recoil? Will get boring fast.

Yes, it looks like COD with a bunch of cheesy mechanics.
    The fortifications will only help boosters as well.
  • T0TALfps
    432 postsMember, Administrator, EA Staff, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V
    Information about Squad Play from MoonLiteWolf:
  • T0TALfps
    432 postsMember, Administrator, EA Staff, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V
    Here's even more footage and commentary, this time from Gabytron and MsVixen:

• FELT-Z___BRANN
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I am hoping the Krag-Jørgensen rifle is in the game.
  • incapslap
    3513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @TOTALfps Any word if more battlefield gameplay will streamed on EA play today on the 9th on June?

How much was even shown?
  • bigynzing
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    incapslap wrote: »
    herodes87 wrote: »
    Gameplay looks way to casual for me. No actual recoil? Will get boring fast.

Yes, it looks like COD with a bunch of cheesy mechanics.
    The fortifications will only help boosters as well.

The only thing stopping this from being a COD clone is the cheese and vehicles. I'm done with the franchise for the foreseeable future I think, I really dont like the direction its going in.
  • Alphazetamu
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Is it me or medic guns can OHK on headshot? Check 28:15 on Lana Garai video, where it looks like she gets one-shotted by a medic with a Gewehr 43
  • Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is it me or medic guns can OHK on headshot? Check 28:15 on Lana Garai video, where it looks like she gets one-shotted by a medic with a Gewehr 43

2 hits. First hit got her down to 61HP.
  • Alphazetamu
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 2018
    removed
  • Alphazetamu
    edited June 2018
    Zviko0 wrote: »

I still don't see that 61 - it still looks like a ohk. I've watched it frame by frame and its a insta-frame kill...
  • Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Zviko0 wrote: »

I still don't see that 61 - it still looks like a ohk. I've watched it frame by frame and its a insta-frame kill...

I know, it's hard to see but it's not one shot kill. I think she's been shot by 2 guys at the same time. Gewehr can't shoot that fast. ;) You can see 61 health appearing at the bottom just before she dies.
  • Alphazetamu
    edited June 2018
    Ok, I can't get that 61 frame to show up lol... must be some weird youtube settings. I was having a minor panic that SLRs will OHK on headshot... that would be insane.
  • Zviko0
    Ok, I can't get that 61 frame to show up lol... must be some weird youtube settings. I was having a minor panic that SLRs will OHK on headshot... that would be insane.

Here. Couldn't get rid the line below but you can still see the hit and HP.
    image.jpg
  • Alphazetamu
    edited June 2018
    Ah, man, I see why we were seeing different things - I meant a minute later at 28:15

Screen_Shot_2018_06_09_at_22_28_23.png

I actually believe this is indeed a true one hit kill with a medic gun... holy crap!
  • Zviko0
    Ah, man, I see why we were seeing different things - I meant a minute later at 28:15

Screen_Shot_2018_06_09_at_22_28_23.png

I actually believe this is indeed a true one hit kill with a medic gun... holy crap!

Oh, sorry about that. Yeah it does look like it unless she got shot by 2 again in the exact same moment. :D
  • Natetendo83
    1029 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm sure I'll get hate for this, but I just can't get hyped for this game. The half hearted WWII vibe just kills it for me. If you're going to do WWII go all in. This half and half with the characters looking like they belong in Bad Company 3 just doesn't do it for me. Maybe it's petty to pass on a game because of how it looks, but that's what I'm doing none the less.
  • Alphazetamu
    I'm still on the fence...There's a lot of good stuff, but they only need to make a single big mistake with the gameplay to really ruin a lot of potential fun.
  • MayorMarionBarry
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Looks awesome.

Hype re-established
  • GrizzGolf
    1439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Im buying a 1070 for this game