EA PLAY 2018 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• COMPETITIVE_NooB
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Keyword: just like BF1

If I were to look at the gameplay without the HUD, I'd guess it's a new COD. Shooting seems to have the same framework as BF1, just without the 'RDA'. Little to no recoil. Hip Fire accuracy is through the roof, I suppose you'll RARELY have to use ADS (just like BF1) Graphical style = just like BF1. Improvements = better destruction.

Where are the people that made BC2,BF3 and BF4 ?????
  • Reverend-1313
    178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I think the old BF games are dead now. It's the console audience, dumbed down, COD gameplay now. There has been no indication it's going back to it's roots. All signs and actions point to the COD with the BF name.
  • Solid_SkG
    1134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am buying an I7 8700k for this game.
  • plliadidas
    124 postsMember Member
    So is there more battlefield 5 reveal stuff today and tomorrow at e3 or was that all yesterday
  • dmccar1001
    627 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    plliadidas wrote: »
    So is there more battlefield 5 reveal stuff today and tomorrow at e3 or was that all yesterday

More. At the XB1 event they are showing the 1st war story and am sure more gameplay video will be released ... the floodgates are opening.
  • Sir-Praise-a-lot
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Solid_Kas wrote: »
    I am buying an I7 8700k for this game.

Or you could wait a couple of months and get a 7nm based CPU from AMD before Intel can follow along.
    Even if Ryzen didn't amaze you so far, it's undenyable that AMD will have an edge with a smaller node this time around.
  • aypee
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loving it and want to keep seeing more mp footage. Did I miss any kind of announcement regarding betas?
  • grrlpurple
    843 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think the old BF games are dead now. It's the console audience, dumbed down, COD gameplay now. There has been no indication it's going back to it's roots. All signs and actions point to the COD with the BF name.

The numbers don't lie though. More sales and players of BF1 for console than PC, they have to follow market forces.
  • Reverend-1313
    178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    grrlpurple wrote: »

The numbers don't lie though. More sales and players of BF1 for console than PC, they have to follow market forces.

Yeah totally agree, it a business and you gotta go where the money is.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Keyword: just like BF1

If I were to look at the gameplay without the HUD, I'd guess it's a new COD. Shooting seems to have the same framework as BF1, just without the 'RDA'. Little to no recoil. Hip Fire accuracy is through the roof, I suppose you'll RARELY have to use ADS (just like BF1) Graphical style = just like BF1. Improvements = better destruction.

Where are the people that made BC2,BF3 and BF4 ?????

Guns in BC2, BF3 and BF4 barely had any recoil on PC. Games like Rising Storm 2, Red Orchestra 2, SQUAD, ARMA have recoil that you can't quite deal that easily with when using a mouse ... and even in those games, there are guns with very controllable recoil, like the M16A1 in RS2.
  • Noodlesocks
    3693 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When are we going to see gameplay footage? They hyped it up that we would be getting streams and videos of the gameplay from the fan fest but I'm not seeing any.
  • The_Steve116
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    Still not sitting well with reinforcing system and need more clarification on how rearming in the air looks. If its over the battlefield and not back at base, it’s kind of pointless.
  • Stormblade31
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 2018
    So, uh, if lootboxes(Battlepacks) are no more, what are airlifts?
    02Bf6JKEl9daQg2IAtWHg5IaNJ4ai0xiYpQ68ggZviQ.jpg?s=facb5087d30750ccf77cc69722bdb961
    This forum needs a spoiler tag option or the ability to resize images. :(
  • Khaotik707
    584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    EA E3 sucked, but was nice to see some gameplay from the streamers to see the game itself.
  • Ronin9572
    1355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm sure I'll get hate for this, but I just can't get hyped for this game. The half hearted WWII vibe just kills it for me. If you're going to do WWII go all in. This half and half with the characters looking like they belong in Bad Company 3 just doesn't do it for me. Maybe it's petty to pass on a game because of how it looks, but that's what I'm doing none the less.

Yeah, gotta watch out for the fanboys... But im feeling the same way you do. If they wanted to do WWII, than do that, if the wanted BC3 than they should have done that. And it's not petty to pass on it because how it's looks, it's your money and your a customer who's not happy! Sure it's another EA game that looks amazing, but most of the time it's not enough. I guess their catering to the Fortnite battle royal ppl on this game. Such a shame...
  • MHbluey
    739 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    looks like BF1 v2 to me, not really excited tbh, yet, other than the BC2 style destruction, also saw some Battlefront influences in there, hard to explain just a perception
  • Khaotik707
    584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    MHbluey wrote: »
    looks like BF1 v2 to me, not really excited tbh, yet, other than the BC2 style destruction, also saw some Battlefront influences in there, hard to explain just a perception

I think I'll need to actually play it myself to judge it, I'm completely mixed about it at the moment after watching the stream. I can't help but have the feeling that I wish they forgot BF1 existed (complete step in the wrong direction), went back to BF4 and brought that into this generation for BF5. This is like a mix of a lot of different things with some tweaks and I don't know how it's all going to mesh together from 30 minutes of gameplay (the longest I saw so far) from a gamer I've never seen before, so I guess we just need to wait and see.
  • Ronin9572
    1355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Evils119 wrote: »
    MHbluey wrote: »

I think I'll need to actually play it myself to judge it, I'm completely mixed about it at the moment after watching the stream. I can't help but have the feeling that I wish they forgot BF1 existed (complete step in the wrong direction), went back to BF4 and brought that into this generation for BF5. This is like a mix of a lot of different things with some tweaks and I don't know how it's all going to mesh together from 30 minutes of gameplay (the longest I saw so far) from a gamer I've never seen before, so I guess we just need to wait and see.

I felt the same way with the reference to BF1. And when I 1st saw the game all I thought of was BF4. So it's not really change how I feel on BFV
  • snavelaer
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trackprints and foodprints in Battlefield!
  • Pahkiller
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    Ever since BF1 seems EA/Dice are heading downhill fast. When BF4 launched everyone was excited to get the game and play it.
    Now no one really seems to be that excited anymore, BF1 intro was great, but the game play was bad. Now the new BFV well what can I say, graphics as usual are always great but then what?
    I never heard the Battlefield theme or music at all, which I believe is an essential part of battlefield, the game play looks like BF1 come CoD, come fortnite. I call if Battlefield 1 version 2.

Cyberpunk style makeup, so many different modes of play, flying in the air to reload planes (this is funny) instead of flying over your own airbase. the list goes on but this is my opinion, and experience from Playing BF games since day 1.
    Since BF1942 when I started am now very disappointed in the game and don't think I will purchase servers anymore or maybe even play it anymore, I will see how it pans out who knows maybe they may change a few things...
    A very disappointed BF Veteran hardcore player.................