EA PLAY 2018 - Discussion Thread

1234568»

Comments

• impulsive_tango
    202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Chance of 3rd party servers is = to the amount of money EA will get from me. I only wish more had the conviction I had. But sadly people will keep throwing money at EA until we have 2 COD clones with zero choice and zero flexibility.

I'm still on the fence about buying it. After a few games I bought, I now am leery to buy BFV.
  • Alphazetamu
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 2018
    I must say bf5 looks good...but there's a lot of other games that look good for later this year, like DoS2 for ps4, Red Dead, Tomb Raider, etc, so it's going to be tough competition, and I play a lot of other games besides FPS (especially RPGs). For me personally, my favourite class is scout, but they look very weak in the gameplay that was shown, and overall the classes didn't look well balanced, so I'm not sure I'll enjoy bf5 a much as bf1, and I might give it a miss if it's similar at release.
  • Noodlesocks
    3526 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just heard in westie's video that they're removing sweet spots.

So how the heck are scout weapons going to be differentiated, exactly? Meanwhile, SLRs are getting no spread increase per shot, and they're increasing bullet drop to unrealistic levels again for bolt actions but not other weapons.

Guess they're trying to make scouts useless for anyone who's not a hill humper or masochist / challenge seeker, and it won't matter which bolt action you choose?

Doesn't sound like a good setup. It's already the second least used class in BF1 by the numbers, by the sounds of it I think it will be the dead last one in BFV by a mile.

The players who wanna hump hills will have quite strong incentives to use medic slrs for their deadly accuracy, and the self-heal. The gameplay footage in Lana's videos essentially shows the medic g43 (a kind of SLR) basically insta-gibbing people at long range (check it out at 28:15) with high accuracy and high rate of fire. There's gonna be a lot of crying come october

The class balance in general looks really bad. Assault gets the best anti infantry and anti vehicle equipment, Medic gets scoped battle rifles, SMGs and healing.

It's Battlefield 1's bad class balance all over again.

First time I hear that BF1 class balance was bad.

Most Battlefield games give classes pretty distinct roles where they are really good at one thing and ok at everything else. The abilities and equipment were spread out across the classes, tailored to their particular role. In BF1, assault and medic are excellent multi purpose classes while support is an average all rounder and scout is just a sniper.
  • Dogwoggle11
    2678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

So how the heck are scout weapons going to be differentiated, exactly? Meanwhile, SLRs are getting no spread increase per shot, and they're increasing bullet drop to unrealistic levels again for bolt actions but not other weapons.

Guess they're trying to make scouts useless for anyone who's not a hill humper or masochist / challenge seeker, and it won't matter which bolt action you choose?

Doesn't sound like a good setup. It's already the second least used class in BF1 by the numbers, by the sounds of it I think it will be the dead last one in BFV by a mile.

The players who wanna hump hills will have quite strong incentives to use medic slrs for their deadly accuracy, and the self-heal. The gameplay footage in Lana's videos essentially shows the medic g43 (a kind of SLR) basically insta-gibbing people at long range (check it out at 28:15) with high accuracy and high rate of fire. There's gonna be a lot of crying come october

The class balance in general looks really bad. Assault gets the best anti infantry and anti vehicle equipment, Medic gets scoped battle rifles, SMGs and healing.

Most Battlefield games give classes pretty distinct roles where they are really good at one thing and ok at everything else. The abilities and equipment were spread out across the classes, tailored to their particular role. In BF1, assault and medic are excellent multi purpose classes while support is an average all rounder and scout is just a sniper.

I think that the classes in BF1 had the most distinct roles of them all. You could see it in the weapons for each class: SMGs, SLRs, BA Rifles and LMGs.

Each weapon had advantages and disadvantages, countering one another at different ranges. If you were good, you could even outclass a certain weapon type in the range it was supposed to be better.

And the gadgets for each class were pretty good as well.
  • Noodlesocks
    3526 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I think that the classes in BF1 had the most distinct roles of them all. You could see it in the weapons for each class: SMGs, SLRs, BA Rifles and LMGs.

Each weapon had advantages and disadvantages, countering one another at different ranges. If you were good, you could even outclass a certain weapon type in the range it was supposed to be better.

And the gadgets for each class were pretty good as well.

Weapons were fine but how the classes were set up were a bit of a mess. Instead of them all being equally useful as in other Battlefield games, the Assault and Medic classes were clearly the most useful because they can do everything between the two of them. Were it not for support having the ammo, there wouldn't be much use for them over assault and medic and scout is pretty much just sniper. Unlike previous games, they don't really have anything else to do other than snipe.

I'm not saying players can't be effective with any of these classes or with the weapons they have but there's a very clear misbalance between how much each individual class can contribute to the team.
  • dinobass
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It doesn't look like support is as important ammo-wise, even with the new scarcity. There were plenty of ammo dumps throughout the map and there were probably MORE ammo packs scattered on the ground because of dead enemies. It looked like players had less of an issue than usual in getting re-supplied. Health looked like it was a little bit in the opposite direction, though.
  • RenataHunterBR
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I really like of Graphics, but I think physics should be improved when hit a enemy! For example is absolutely unreal hit a guy running with a sniper, and he still running! He should start to limp, if hit in one arm, he should hold a weapon with another hand! So I think the should have a option at menu to enable a more hardcore (real) injuries, at least I always are looking for a most real fps! Another thing that should be improved is a damage at specific areas, for exemple, if I shoot at a heart of enemy, at the heart, the guy don't die, the only place with instant dead is the head. That is, the weapons effects don't represents what happening at real life! And I really are expect that!
  • OneManApe
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VEHICLE SPAWN seemed suck ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ a lot, i feel its again 'who's the fastest in wild wild west' competition. Any chance that some of us also get to use vehicle even once in a game lifetime.
  • pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I really like of Graphics, but I think physics should be improved when hit a enemy! For example is absolutely unreal hit a guy running with a sniper, and he still running! He should start to limp, if hit in one arm, he should hold a weapon with another hand! So I think the should have a option at menu to enable a more hardcore (real) injuries, at least I always are looking for a most real fps! Another thing that should be improved is a damage at specific areas, for exemple, if I shoot at a heart of enemy, at the heart, the guy don't die, the only place with instant dead is the head. That is, the weapons effects don't represents what happening at real life! And I really are expect that!

Past Battlefield games had something of this degree, but players went against as it could screw up your follow up shot. I think in BF1 if you hit the body, the head would lurch forward which caused people to miss.
  • MigueTK
    679 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Is it me or player movement speed has been reduced? I think that's already a good move!

It's not just you, I will be making a post about my personal experience and other changes maybe Q&A
  • BiologistShawn
    31 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Great job Dice, really appreciate all the work you guys/gals are putting into this game! Wanted to comment briefly on the EA play I've seen, specifically in regards to vehicle towing of the AA and AT guns.

Will these guns be able to be moved by a player, or perhaps a player and another squad mate (to promote squad play)? I ask, because in most of the videos I've seen these guns are being towed and dropped in the middle of streets, when ideally the player may want to move the equipment somewhere that requires a more direct, albeit slower, touch. Seeing squad mates work together to slowly wheel these guns into more detailed places would be great for the pillars Daniel Berlin mentioned in his interview with Jackfrags (i.e., squad-play, immersion, and tactics).

Additionally, I was a little disheartened when I saw that that the AT gun has no reload animation, like what was present in BF1. That was incredibly immersive and would be wonderful to see.

Thanks again and keep up the great work!

Cheers!
  • T0TALfps
    432 postsMember, Administrator, EA Staff, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V
    This thread has now been unstickied, we thank you all for discussing and spending this years EA Play with us!