This Week in Battlefield V

Battlefield 3 Backwards Compatibility

Vespervin
1333 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
EA, please do this. I want to pack away my 360 and play BF3 on the One instead! :D

Comments

• SilverJackal143
    179 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Vespervin wrote: »
    EA, please do this. I want to pack away my 360 and play BF3 on the One instead! :D

I asked Jjju this and that's what he replied.
    Hope we do get this though. BF3 was amazing.
  • 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes please
  • Vespervin
    1333 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I asked Jjju this and that's what he replied.
    Hope we do get this though. BF3 was amazing.

No one at DICE would work on this anyway. All EA needs to do is give Microsoft permission and they can make it compatible relatively easy. And seeing that Microsoft recently got games that required 2 disc to work there's no technical reason for it to not happen, unless EA doesn't want BF3 on a current gen console.
  • bananahead81
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I'm pretty sure it's ms that do it... I would love this so much BTW! I bet if it happened we would see a significant rise in player numbers. I know myself and at least 4 of my friends would play. In fact we might even be tempted to rent a server again.
  • Crispy_Pinguin
    1598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    no don't do that, maybe in 10 years or so ? Not these remakes
  • Vespervin
    no don't do that, maybe in 10 years or so ? Not these remakes

It's not a remake.
  • MEL0DRAMATIC
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Doubt anyone will be concerned with this title once BF1 is released.
  • Monkeywremote
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I agree. BF1 will be the topic of conversation.
  • Vespervin
    Yes, I'm sure everyone will drop Battlefield 3 when Battlefield 1 comes out.
  • Monkeywremote
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 2016
    Yes, I'm sure everyone will drop Battlefield 3 when Battlefield 1 comes out.
    I think this is exactly what we didn't say. They don't need to release BF3 on backcompat (they'd most likely do this if the game didn't sell well) because they know people will, despite their reservations, buy the game even if out of sheer curiousity.
  • MEL0DRAMATIC
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    BF1 will bring back some of the old school BF vehicle players. That will be epic. Could be a big seller if they get it out running smoothly *cough, cough* before the holidays.
  • lSini5terl
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    I don.t think so they will do this never
    Bf3 is better then the Bf4. More fun but they just keep focusing on bf4 and bf hardlines and now bf1 is comming so forget it
  • Mr_Raaawwwrrr
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Late reply but i don't think its gonna happen at all.
  • rob0tman5
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Would be great.
  • StarscreamUK
    7286 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    as far as I am aware, it is Microsoft that need to do this, backwards compatibility is just an emulator (hence you can play from an old disc)
  • Vespervin
    as far as I am aware, it is Microsoft that need to do this, backwards compatibility is just an emulator (hence you can play from an old disc)

Microsoft's the one that does this but first they need the permission of the publisher. Once EA gives the green light Microsoft can do it relatively easily.
  • Crispy_Pinguin
    1598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Microsoft's the one that does this but first they need the permission of the publisher. Once EA gives the green light Microsoft can do it relatively easily.

So now you don't play bf3 anymore? but you would if it was on next gen ?
  • Vespervin

So now you don't play bf3 anymore? but you would if it was on next gen ?

I still play it from time to time on the Xbox 360 but it would be way more convenient if I were able to play it on my Xbox One.
  • thekiller199365
    3821 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I talked to ea and they said that they won't add it to Xbox one since it was made in 2011? Isn't that what backwards compatibility is for? Games made for Xbox 360 to be playable for the Xbox one?
  • Vespervin
    Yes. Did you speak with EA "support?" Like they would know anyway.