Battlefield 3 Backwards Compatibility

Comments

• BA2VGT
    179 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So it's same graphics or better than 360?
  • thekiller199365
    3784 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BA2VGT wrote: »
    So it's same graphics or better than 360?

Looks the same to me. I don't think they are going to update the graphics or anything.
  • thechain555
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Anyone know any good servers? I've found the usual canals tdm and I got a 24/7 back to Karhand but does anyone else have any good ones??? Also, I'm looking for friends. All my BF3 pals have moved on, but not me! BF3 is love, BF3 is life.
  • CosmicStriker
    698 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    some people do not understand how backwards compatibly works, it's basically a Xbox 360 emulator. So the game is going to look the same as it did on a 360, but because it's running on a fast machine , it will load faster.
  • llukhash
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    [/quote] On the Xbox One go to My games & apps and press the Select button on Battlefield 3. Under Ready to install make sure you install the Online Pass and any other content sitting there.[/quote]

You may have to quit the game completely in order for Ready to Install to show up. I had to restart my Xbox and then it showed up. Bummer is that all the extra content is payable (I played BF3 on PS3 back then) so I had to pay $14.99 for Close Quarters (this is the only one I want). You can download maps for free but if you want to play you have to purchase the extras unless you have purchased it originally on X360...
  • thechain555
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Are
    llukhash wrote: »
    On the Xbox One go to My games & apps and press the Select button on Battlefield 3. Under Ready to install make sure you install the Online Pass and any other content sitting there.[/quote]

You may have to quit the game completely in order for Ready to Install to show up. I had to restart my Xbox and then it showed up. Bummer is that all the extra content is payable (I played BF3 on PS3 back then) so I had to pay $14.99 for Close Quarters (this is the only one I want). You can download maps for free but if you want to play you have to purchase the extras unless you have purchased it originally on X360...
    [/quote]

Are there even any close quarters lobbies running??? I couldn't find any.
  • Hemelito
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Are there even any close quarters lobbies running??? I couldn't find any.

I tried looking for some close quarters action too but couldn't find any ):
  • JAU1973
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    The amount of hackers if encountered in BF3 is ridiculous. It was great for the first couple days after backwards compatibility, then it went downhill.
    Post edited by JAU1973 on
  • robstanleyphoto
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Anyone else having problems getting online with it? Downloaded all content, updates, maps, online pass etc.. but when selecting 'my soldier', co-op' & 'multiplayer' options all I get is 'cannot connect to ea servers'.. wtf am I missing?
  • dbasshooker
    145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    Wolfie8041 wrote: »
    Now that battlefield 3 is backwards compatible I have a few complaints. Main one being that I can't play online because it keeps telling me I need an online pass even though I've already submitted it on 360 and have become a colonel on it and I can't re put the code in cause it says it's already been used and when I try to re-buy the code it tells me I can't get it cause it's not available in the stores.

Go into the store and look for BF3 add ons. Look thru the add ons and it will tell you if you can install. Re download your add ons, and especially the Premium and Online Pass should be there.
  • robstanleyphoto
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Anyone else having problems getting online with it? Downloaded all content, updates, maps, online pass etc.. but when selecting 'my soldier', co-op' & 'multiplayer' options all I get is 'cannot connect to ea servers'.. wtf am I missing?

HAHA Sorted.....
  • dbasshooker
    145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm able to play, just by going into multiplayer browser and join.
  • Ztigmatta
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Can you not buy this game from the online store? Do you have to buy a physical disc only?
  • thekiller199365
    3784 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ztigmatta wrote: »
    Can you not buy this game from the online store? Do you have to buy a physical disc only?

You have to buy a physical copy.
  • StayFanPower
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I put my BF3 xbox 360 disc on the Xbox One and a big update appear ( 30gig and+) the complete game of BF3 compatible is downloading!
  • azcardsfan76
    On Monday morning, I installed everything on my Xbox One and actually played a match. When I tried to play again that evening, I kept getting a server error anytime I clicked on mutliplayer, soldier etc. I have it installed on my 360 as well and was able to play on that no problem. I haven't tried it on the One again since. I've seen similar problems mentioned on Reddit, but nobody has been able to explain it.
  • solider1998pl
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited January 2017
    I have the same problem like "azcardsfan76". I just end the conversation with Xbox and EA support and they told me then thats is a bug or something* and they can't help anyone with this we need to wait for some update or something. :(
    Post edited by Cryphisss on
  • azcardsfan76
    This solved the problem for me. Thanks to adunham1 in r/battlefield3.

1. Turn off Xbox One fully
    2. Unplug the power supply
    3. Hold the power button down for 15-20 seconds (I did 30) to fully drain the battery and empty the cache
    4. Restart internet
    5. Restart console
  • rock1obsta
    3797 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I cant get it to work, insert disc and says this game is not backwards compatible.

I had the same problem. I went to get a different disc and it was perfect
  • Woodzmn4life
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Main game, for me, downloaded fine. I went into the store, and got my Premium, and Online Pass no problem. For whatever reason, I cannot get Close Quarters and End Game DLCs to install...it keeps prompting me to purchase them again. I would really like those 2 to install, as I had unlocked every item for them on the XBOX 360. Anyone else having any issues getting every DLC to download? If you ran into the problem, but got it resolved, please post here. Thank you.